sharetrader
Page 504 of 936 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 9358
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Then this shows that you are not objective as you've got too much to lose to be wrong...
    I could have been dumping at these prices and emerged unscathed...opportunity lost elsewhere excepted. I'm not sitting on a loss hoping to recover.
    This share could be trading at 1.5 at the moment. It probably would be without a lot of the uninformed doom and gloom expressed on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I could have been dumping at these prices and emerged unscathed...opportunity lost elsewhere excepted. I'm not sitting on a loss hoping to recover.
    This share could be trading at 1.5 at the moment. It probably would be without a lot of the uninformed doom and gloom expressed on this forum.
    I took the time to have a look at your old posts jonu,and there is not hint of a lack of objectivity,I find your positive posts to (and I hate to use the word) balance some of the more negative posts that appear on NTL.I firmly believe that everyone has an opinion but it is how you express it,is what matters.
    Keep the posts coming,and lets hope for some good news at the end of the month.

I'd second what steveb says - I value your objective posts, jonu.

Bloomberg reports that the Bank of America forecasts the price of gold 18 months out will be US$3,000.
    Their spokesman said "the Fed can't print gold".

(US$3000 = NZ$5,000 at current rate)

Oh, and my usual comment here, before someone informs me - I know it doesn't matter what the gold price is if we aren't producing any.
    (Although I don't truly believe that)
    Last edited by Lion; 22-04-2020 at 01:48 PM. Reason: it was the BoA

Higher than usual volumes on the ASX so far including a modest sale (half million) at A0.8c
    The VWAP is 0.702 there.
    Some excited commentary on HC, including talk of a 'breakout'.
    Who knows?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Higher than usual volumes on the ASX so far including a modest sale (half million) at A0.8c
    The VWAP is 0.702 there.
    Some excited commentary on HC, including talk of a 'breakout'.
    Who knows?
    That's the highest volume on the ASX for quite some time. Lookout if their goldbugs decide to run with it

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I'd second what steveb says - I value your objective posts, jonu.

Bloomberg reports that the Bank of America forecasts the price of gold 18 months out will be US$3,000.
    Their spokesman said "the Fed can't print gold".

(US$3000 = NZ$5,000 at current rate)

Oh, and my usual comment here, before someone informs me - I know it doesn't matter what the gold price is if we aren't producing any.
    (Although I don't truly believe that)
    Thanks steveb and Lion.

Here's the link to the BofA article.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-4-1029113912

Horrible to think what it would mean for NTL.

Aussie listing getting hammered - anyone hazard a guess why there is often such a discrepancy between NZX/ASX listings even when AUD is close to NZD? It works both ways, when the ASX listing was up, the NZX one didn't move.

Now the reverse has happened; the ASX listing is down to 0.5cps but NZX still trading at 0.7!

Guru

Could be arbitrage trading happening...exploiting the difference between the 2 exchanges. Certainly some strange trades going through to run it back from 0.8
    Possibly someone with deep pockets having fun.

Can't imagine anyone finding that funny. Poor sod who just paid $35k to see its value drop $10k an hour later... 'Sickening' is the word that comes to mind.
    Last edited by youngatheart; 22-04-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Can't imagine anyone finding that funny. Poor sod who paid $35k to see its value drop $10k...
    Well presumably it wasn't them manipulating the price was it. Possibly the person who sold them and then crash the price on small volume. They play rough on the ASX.