sharetrader
Page 514 of 936 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 9358
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    If this is such a great mine, why didn't Oceanagold just buy it out and use their setup down the road to mine and process the gold. Instead they choose to mothball their operation... Or am I missing something?
    You are missing something

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I hold a lot, and I expected exactly this, but am still disappointed. You can refer to my post from the 18th, but to reiterate, the potential is here but the company is not maximising shareholder value in the slightest. If this ever succeeds its going to be in-spite of management, not because of them. I continue to hold because of the potential, but the feeling grows every month that the potential is being squandered.

This report is the same as every quarter. We are years away from getting any gold.

I questioned why they are not using the pilot plant to at least get something out the door, but I think they are trying not to trip some timer related to when the bulk sampling period starts. I agree with the poster above though, the bulk sampling might be useless at the rate these guys are going. I would rather see them start anything at this point.

I am actually quite surprised that Jonu is not more outwardly annoyed here, as an apparently substantial holder. There is a very significant opportunity cost to having our capital tied up here, where it apparently does jack all, than elsewhere. Easy to say with hindsight, but if I had put my NTL funds in with the rest of my portfolio back in 2013, and purchased now instead (or better yet, in 2-3 years time?) I would be a lot better off.
    I am annoyed inwardly and outwardly. I just know there is no benefit in throwing my toys out of the cot. I would probably be a lot more inclined to do so if the POG wasn't rising so strongly. That has fallen in our laps and NTL need to utilise it.

I think most people posting see the potential, hence the frustration. Matt needs to concentrate on the quickest track to some production to get some cashflow, not necessarily the optimum route. That can follow.

As to opportunities forgone Meister, you're right. However I could have been tied up in other stocks that have plunged 40-50% in the last 8 weeks so that can be swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I am annoyed inwardly and outwardly. I just know there is no benefit in throwing my toys out of the cot. I would probably be a lot more inclined to do so if the POG wasn't rising so strongly. That has fallen in our laps and NTL need to utilise it.

I think most people posting see the potential, hence the frustration. Matt needs to concentrate on the quickest track to some production to get some cashflow, not necessarily the optimum route. That can follow.

As to opportunities forgone Meister, you're right. However I could have been tied up in other stocks that have plunged 40-50% in the last 8 weeks so that can be swings and roundabouts.
    Thanks Jonu. I'm likely in the same boat as you - extremely frustrated but not quite throwing the toys out. I've been to many AGM's where much has been said and presented but at the end of the day nothing actually produced other than progress reports and getting the mine safe (which is an achievement). It seems there is a reluctance to trigger the bulk sampling window of 2 years and there is now more importance given to finding a processing company rather than self controlling and doing the processing in house. I really thought the pilot plant was meant to be the way forward with this with initially albeit small quantities of concentrate produced which could then be economically transported to a refiner (say in Perth). This would have created cashflow and equally importantly let Oceania know we are not waiting around for them. Totally agree with you that although this may not be the optimum route he must get some extraction work moving now.

On a more positive note I was heartened with the Activities Report saying ' More recently a series of discussions with a high profile NZ industry group was advanced .... and currently working on a heads of agreement .... for the development of a JV. This is good news if it really is advanced but in any negotiation one needs a good Plan B and surely getting production moving on even a small scale does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    On a more positive note I was heartened with the Activities Report saying ' More recently a series of discussions with a high profile NZ industry group was advanced .... and currently working on a heads of agreement .... for the development of a JV. This is good news if it really is advanced but in any negotiation one needs a good Plan B and surely getting production moving on even a small scale does this.
    To me, that section read a bit like " I had an idea, so I talked to these guys, who said come back with more info". It sounds like a distraction that will take another year to work through, getting us further away from production

I'm with you guys. A very mumbo jumbo report. I gave one of my clients a project report like this i'd get my ass kicked.
    Anyhow IMHO we have to read between the lines a little.
    Matt I know you read these forums please take note! The quality of the layout and information in these reports is rubbish.
    As our CEO if your writing them get someone else to, if someone else is fire them or rip them a new one.
    Communication is key here it doesn't matter if the news is good or bad it needs to be clear and of a high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    To me, that section read a bit like " I had an idea, so I talked to these guys, who said come back with more info". It sounds like a distraction that will take another year to work through, getting us further away from production
    Thats the way I see it too. In general I am totally confused by this update. They are now talking about a 300 tonne/month plant which is not big. The intention is to take 20,000 cubic meters per year under bulk sampling which is about 50,000 tonnes/year or 4000 tonnes per month. 300 tonnes per month is about one truck movement per day. I think there are a few issues that NTL are not telling investors about.
    Last edited by Brain; 01-05-2020 at 02:02 PM.

so the JORC review was due by the end of april,so they should have had that yesterday? So shareholders would expect to be informed when,a couple of days for the company to inwardly digest.We should hear on monday.
    Either way we should hear on monday!!!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Higher volume and wiping out .007. Quarterly report has been prepared/printed but as yet not released. There must be some carrots in there. Lets hope its 36 carats gold.
    I guess we just saw a further false dead cat bounce based on Aussie hot air, before the latest report released towed things back down
    yet again on the 'nothing much new has happened' aside from a bit more of bank balance vanishing ..

Seems like very deeply entrenched repetitive symptom with NTL ..

Guru

the stragety here is simply... put the mine back into a state where it can attract a lot of money... but dont actually mine anything.. a money hony gold pot... i assume share holders cant roll the board...

I think that it has reached the stage where it will be very lucky if it will attract any more money - despite what they may promise.