sharetrader
Page 521 of 936 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 9358

You'll be wrapped in what exactly?

Why did you not sell in 2017 when it peaked up over 2c
    Maybe many did and bought again later. Maybe some of us are investors, not traders. Anyway, as Ben Graham stated "In the financial markets, hindsight is forever 20/20, but foresight is legally blind. And thus, for most investors, market timing is a practical and emotional impossibility. "

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    That's a horrible attitude to take. If somebody has 2k in the bank and invests 1k in NTL how come their skin in the game is any different to somebody that invests 100k but has 10m in the bank?
    It is why I ask the question: are posters holders or greenies or opposition holders that just want to throw stones.
    Newbes YES there is risks in any stock the bigger the risk the bigger the reward or fall understand this and your a jump ahead of most. NTL is a risky share but if they do start processing one would hope to make a pretty penny.
    My comment above relates to if I have 5m shares and throw stones I have a bit more weight in those stones than old mate with his 50,000 shares who is crying because he feels he's been ripped off and his shares diluted. in my eyes dilution only hurts when you have a very large holding or % in the company.

Guru

I still haven't heard any rebuttal from the stone throwers as to why NTL can't succeed from this point. We know the history.

JT says the only thing it has going for it is the POG.

That's a pretty big thing IMHO. And if you read a few of my previous posts you'll know there is a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I still haven't heard any rebuttal from the stone throwers as to why NTL can't succeed from this point. We know the history.

JT says the only thing it has going for it is the POG.

That's a pretty big thing IMHO. And if you read a few of my previous posts you'll know there is a lot more than that.
    I'm certainly not a stone thrower, but you have to admit there are plenty of reasons why this might not be successful.
    1. No resource consent for full mining
    2. After several years talking about bulk sampling, still hasn't happened.
    3. Limited ability to raise necessary capital
    4. The next couple of years gold price should be OK, but what happens when the NZD strengthens again and the price of gold drops

For the record I am still a holder, though over the years have reduced from 20 million to 1 million shares.
    Even though I have sold, I'd be very happy to see this Company succeed and produce meaningful quantities of gold.
    Just that there are still several hurdles for that to happen.

The rebuttal is 346 pages long. (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    I'm certainly not a stone thrower, but you have to admit there are plenty of reasons why this might not be successful.
    1. No resource consent for full mining
    2. After several years talking about bulk sampling, still hasn't happened.
    3. Limited ability to raise necessary capital
    4. The next couple of years gold price should be OK, but what happens when the NZD strengthens again and the price of gold drops

For the record I am still a holder, though over the years have reduced from 20 million to 1 million shares.
    Even though I have sold, I'd be very happy to see this Company succeed and produce meaningful quantities of gold.
    Just that there are still several hurdles for that to happen.
    Fair post - in that time 20m to 1m may I ask have you lost, = or gained in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Seem like a theme from current holders saying, all that stuff is in the past. Future is looking better. Invest in where it is going.

From their 31 march cash-flow statement they have $2.5 million on hand and spend about $360k a quarter

So how much does it take to actually mine under ground these days? Not just mucking around propping up an old tunnel but actually get mining.

Just lucky we have Oceania Gold next door and even better they have estimated costs in 2015 for Correnso.
    They estimated an upfront capital cost of $23 million (that covers ventilation, tailings storage etc), $50 million a year in drill bits, consumables, bulldozer, diesel, and earthworks etc, $28 million in processing (buying mills, reagents, tanks, water treatment).

https://oceanagold.com/wp-content/up...oom=100,78,101
    pg 113

Correnso is a larger resource and so has the advantage of a lower per tonne rate through the infrastructure. Talisman will likely need to spend something similar but have higher costs per tonne but also perhaps higher per tonne Au.

Righto New Talisman might be talking a good game but do you think they can raise $100 million needed to actually get an underground mine going. Got to raise the money upfront before you start selling any gold and paying it back.

And just a reminder Correnso goes underground at the bottom of the Waihi pit so no big consenting risk and they have their own processing plant etc.

Not held, never have held and would only review holding once mine is in development and they start being honest about costs.
    I'll just leave this here:
    Attachment 11509
    Someone was talking about Admin costs a little while back. I don't think we are comparing apples here
    I do look forward to reading the full document though.
    Last edited by Ltw; 07-05-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Seem like a theme from current holders saying, all that stuff is in the past. Future is looking better. Invest in where it is going.

From their 31 march cash-flow statement they have $2.5 million on hand and spend about $360k a quarter

So how much does it take to actually mine under ground these days? Not just mucking around propping up an old tunnel but actually get mining.

Just lucky we have Oceania Gold next door and even better they have estimated costs in 2015 for Correnso.
    They estimated an upfront capital cost of $23 million (that covers ventilation, tailings storage etc), $50 million a year in drill bits, consumables, bulldozer, diesel, and earthworks etc, $28 million in processing (buying mills, reagents, tanks, water treatment).

https://oceanagold.com/wp-content/up...oom=100,78,101
    pg 113

Correnso is a larger resource and so has the advantage of a lower per tonne rate through the infrastructure. Talisman will likely need to spend something similar but have higher costs per tonne but also perhaps higher per tonne Au.

Righto New Talisman might be talking a good game but do you think they can raise $100 million needed to actually get an underground mine going. Got to raise the money upfront before you start selling any gold and paying it back.

And just a reminder Correnso goes underground at the bottom of the Waihi pit so no big consenting risk and they have their own processing plant etc.

Not held, never have held and would only review holding once mine is in development and they start being honest about costs.
    Waikaka, for someone to spend so much time on this post and be so ill informed about NTL is the reason I question your motives. Uninformed scaremongering.

NTL have already published their cost per ounce to mine. At present POG it has a approx $2000 profit margin per ounce.

They are already at the face of the vein in 2 shafts, with refurbishment and ventilation done.

By all means go and buy yourself some OGC shares on the ASX. Just stop dumping wild figures at NTL's door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltw View Post
    Fair post - in that time 20m to 1m may I ask have you lost, = or gained in the process?
    I bought in at a capital raise about 3 years ago for .5 cents so it's far to say I've done ok out of it.
    3 years ago I was very optimistic.
    Just frustrated we still seem a way off.
    3 years ago I thought we'd be mining full on now.
    Yes lots of good stuff has been done.
    But it hasn't happened quickly.
    Potential is still there.
    I don't want to dump on Matt too much but the reality is he hasn't got this to try line.
    I feel we're still in the opposition half and after 20 rucks we just made a couple of metres.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    For the newbies. I would of have invested in 20 or so companies since NTL and this one has been worst one hands down, both in terms of investment and general trust in operation. Bloated management backed up by dead ends (used to entice more SH investment), snail like progress and the consistent dilutions. Stay away and invest in something else, anything else.
    I have to assume you have not purchased NZO. This is the absolute example of management incompetence and how to destroy shareholder wealth. A heap of people probably wish they listened to Balance all those years ago especially when they did the option conversion at $1.50 only to see the cash still sitting in the bank paying for the management fees.