sharetrader
Page 568 of 939 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 9383

When do take-overs happen? When others see potenital to make profit from acquisition. Business case will look at potential (400,000oz and JORC) versus the risk and cost of getting to the end game.
    So far, no one interested, so we have to ask why?

I hope NTL can do it under their own steam (with or without Hill), but a take-over may be a shorter term way for shareholders to recoup their investment.

Interesting times for sure, AGM will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    When do take-overs happen? When others see potenital to make profit from acquisition. Business case will look at potential (400,000oz and JORC) versus the risk and cost of getting to the end game.
    So far, no one interested, so we have to ask why?

I hope NTL can do it under their own steam (with or without Hill), but a take-over may be a shorter term way for shareholders to recoup their investment.

Interesting times for sure, AGM will be interesting.
    The problems are political I believe

Hauraki District Council restrictions

4 truck movements per day = 40 tonnes per day only
    one blast event per day.

The problems begin before the trucks and blasting.

There's no processing plant. And none on the horizon.

The reason for this isn't political.

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    The problems begin before the trucks and blasting.

There's no processing plant. And none on the horizon.

The reason for this isn't political.
    yes I agree with that. There are many issues that NTL have failed to resolve.

Thanks. And let's not forget the failed promises, like this from two and a half years ago regarding the pilot processing plant:

...Such a plant will provide the opportunity to produce a saleable high-grade concentrate while still meeting the requirements of traffic movement flows from the mine specified in the existing resource consent.

With my glass half empty (or maybe less than that) - why would anyone want to buy NTL? $2m in bank will run out in next 6-12-24 months?? Without an income stream they face loan(s) or Capital Raise - how succesful would a CR be right now - not very (IMHO). Cash dwindles, progress slows, stops, and someone can just walk in and take it all over.

Time for me to fill my glass!!! Maybe some Smirnoff with those pretty gold flecks in it!!.

DYOR

Good to remind us all of that Haewai. There was also talk of the pilot plant, followed by the big concentrator, operating inside the mine with the 'tailings' being returned inside the mine. It seemed an excellent strategy to me to circumvent the transportation and environmental issues. Then all of a sudden an RC was needed to establish the little pilot plant somewhere outside the mine (which seemed ridiculous) after which we were then told at the last AGM without explanation the pilot plant was not viable to produce saleable concentrate. With the POG getting better by the day why can't they stay with the original plan?

Are you saying that the pilot plant does not produce a saleable high grade concentrate?? I’m certain it doses maybe not in large enough batches, but the product is certainly saleable.

It clearly doesn't. Can you point at any revenue?

IMHO the most egregious series of promises were made in the last CR. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    Good to remind us all of that Haewai. There was also talk of the pilot plant, followed by the big concentrator, operating inside the mine with the 'tailings' being returned inside the mine. It seemed an excellent strategy to me to circumvent the transportation and environmental issues. Then all of a sudden an RC was needed to establish the little pilot plant somewhere outside the mine (which seemed ridiculous) after which we were then told at the last AGM without explanation the pilot plant was not viable to produce saleable concentrate. With the POG getting better by the day why can't they stay with the original plan?
    Yes at that time they had no permission for truck movements. Eventually HDC gave them permission for truck movements and after that they seemed to change tack and decided to apply for a permit outside. They have always offered the carrot of cash flow from the pilot plant and it has always seemed plausible that they could process high grade ore and produce some cash flow and of course that has never eventuated and doesn’t seem much closer now.

I was originally under the impression that the pilot plant would be producing gold but my understanding Now is that it produces a concentrate. Put in ore at 20 gms per tonne at get a concentrate of 80 gms per tonne. Also the recovery rate did not seem to be very good. My impression was that a fair bit of the gold maybe 30% or so was left behind in the tailings.

Maybe Jonu has a better understanding of this and could put some light on it.

I do believe that this mine has potential but to me there are more problems than you can poke a stick at and they are not being addressed and we shareholders are kept in the dark.
    Last edited by Brain; 23-07-2020 at 04:21 PM.