sharetrader
Page 619 of 936 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 9358

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Were those 12 million shares yours? Your offload is someone else's bargain I guess.
    Possibly an opportunity for someone, but a 'bargain' - well that remains to be seen. As a holder for 12 years I could have made many, many times my money anywhere else. And with those funds that I have deployed elsewhere I have done just that. Still holding a few more NTL yet, but I have a very good opportunity in Oz at present that I need some funds for so something had to go. And it wasn't going to be my XRO holding.
    My patience has run out. No doubt the company will try to talk the price of the shares up before announcing the next capital raise. Will that work ? Who knows - there are still enough 'newbies' coming into this stock (among the broad 3000 shareholder base) with their eyes lit up thinking they are going to strike it rich quickly, that undoubtedly the company will raise some cash. And then something will crop up that slows the whole operation down again. Wasn't covid a godsend for them ? Without a SP at least twice what it is now, what price the next capital raise, and how many shares will need to be issued to raise even a modest amount of capital. I will retain a few for now, just on the off chance something actually happens - like they produce and sell some gold from the stockpiled ore. But as I have commented on here recently, my pick is that it is easier to shoulder tap the broad shareholder base for funds than actually having to go to the trouble of pulling the yellow stuff out of the hillside. Time will tell. My new opportunity has the potential to be a 10 bagger in very short time (a year or two as opposed to 12 years) and they have the yellow stuff right now to mine and sell, which will fund operations well into the future. Does any of this ring distant bells in the case of NTL. Promised so much and still we wait. And unless they find a new motherlode, the resource really is only modest in size to begin with. Trouble seems to be in getting permission to dig holes and mine anywhere else on their tenements in order to find that elusive motherlode.
    Good luck. I hope your continued patience is well rewarded. I will probably still be there too in some small way, just not up to my eyeballs in this under-performing stock.
    Last edited by Motley Crew; 05-10-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Crew View Post
    Just referencing my own post #6136. The funds realised from the sale of my rather large NZX holding were mostly reinvested into HLG prior to last Friday's profit announcement. An 80c (17%) gain with a FI 24c dividend to come payable December. That's the first equivalent .001 gain on NTL funds. Try joining the queue to sell at .007 and see how you get on behind 73m others. Looking at HLG SP to move towards $6 as the the div gets closer to payment. I sleep easier knowing I have added to my existing holding of a quality company paying a gross div yield of 10%. In this environment investors are flocking to companies paying any kind of reasonable dividend, let alone those with high yields. With a few decent investments like this the NTL sale proceeds will be worth over .01 equivalent in no time, while the NTL SP drifts off further with inactivity and a falling Gold price. What activities are the NTL directors actually up to at present given they are mostly Aussies. Probably cooped up at home in Oz, sheltering from covid and involving themselves in affairs closer to home. All the while Gold has peaked at just over NZ$3,100 per ounce and is now back at NZ$2,830. Surely the litmus test for the company was to be in a position to take advantage of these high gold prices and have some ore that they could extract gold from to assist cashflow. The fact that they were not in this state of readiness, or were even working towards it while the gold price was going up, just shows their commitment to increasing shareholder wealth, rather than lining their own pockets with overblown directors fees. They have missed the boat. But hey - its easier to tap obliging gold bug shareholders for additional capital to squander, than to actually mine the stuff they reckon they have underground. Maybe this mining lark is just all a bit too difficult - nice glossy pictures and all in the Annual Reports, but they do look highly posed - studying plans by torchlight deep in the mine. Read the bio's of both Charbel Nader and Matt Hill in the 2020 Annual Report - both investment bankers - and tell me how much mining expertise you see. Kind of reinforces the predicament of the company in a nutshell.

I reference my own post from last Tuesday 29 September. Today HLG hit a high of $6.02. Considerably sooner than I had anticipated, but you can't keep quality yielders down. Still a long way off until the dividend gets paid. Should I revise my price target higher between now and then ? It certainly has the ability to test $6.50 and above - still yielding 9% gross and a move to $6.50 only brings the yield back to 8.3% gross. That's on a 39c div - chances are the total payout will return to FI 44c before too long so SP should still have some upside yet, especially with the Xmas period being the busiest for HLG. So 30% gain in just 2 weeks with more to come. That's equivalent to .002c on NTL SP - anyone see any buyers currently at .008 ?
    Oh. And XRO up over $110 today (+$3). That's how you make serious $$ on the sharemarket - not waiting around for some long-shot 'Maybe' to do something, all the while you watch your holding get diluted every year.
    Last edited by Motley Crew; 08-10-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Guru

NTL - a motely crew indeed.. but MC has made the right choices and they are not motely choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    NTL - a motely crew indeed.. but MC has made the right choices and they are not motely choices!
    Cheers Waltzing. But really it's just sensible investing for the long term. Not parking your valuable $$ in something that you Hope might go somewhere. Diversify, Growth and Divs, Quality. It's not rocket science. A modest sum invested for 20 years can turn into a very nice retirement if you take that time horizon and don't try the Get Rich Quick route. You don't even have to go offshore to do it, but it certainly helps to have an exposure to quality Oz stocks.

VWAP and bids point to NTL touching $0.005 before the 3 month review is done, so MC your decisions seem wise.

So the quarterly review time has come around again.I am looking forward to this one,management know that without significant progress,the SP will never support another capital raise,also top management will also be under serious pressure to resign.Here were the highlights from 12 months ago:-
    QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
    • Phase 1 Metallurgical testwork complete
    • Positive results from gravity circuit
    • Successful capital raise of 3.6M
    • First gold and concentrate produced from pilot plant
    • Terra Firma proposal under review

Just when $0.005 was on the cards, another 25m buy at $0.006 - those Sharsie traders are getting greedy :-)

Guru

DIY soon... bring your own bucket and spade...

havnt read it but is MC having another DIG... sorry terrible pun...

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    So the quarterly review time has come around again.I am looking forward to this one,management know that without significant progress,the SP will never support another capital raise,also top management will also be under serious pressure to resign.Here were the highlights from 12 months ago:-
    QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
    • Phase 1 Metallurgical testwork complete
    • Positive results from gravity circuit
    • Successful capital raise of 3.6M
    • First gold and concentrate produced from pilot plant
    • Terra Firma proposal under review
    "Woof Woof..*scratches flea* Woof"...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    DIY soon... bring your own bucket and spade...

havnt read it but is MC having another DIG... sorry terrible pun...

Would probably generate better returns than have been seen to date, off just Domestic Tourism alone