sharetrader
Page 672 of 936 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 9358
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Now, who was that bloke who mentioned white elephants the other day?

Not wrong Getty it seems

This fine major acquisition appears to be little more than a glorified expanded Hobby mine ..

Definitely looks like some wool pulling going on ..

Legend

It looks a few Nomads have sighted the smoke rising from NTL's camp fire and
    pushed the curiosity rating up to 0.006 in hope of seeing a few grams of real stuff
    this morning ..
    Last edited by nztx; 27-01-2021 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add more

Advanced Member

So, assuming all this is still the current situation with Dept of Labour, no one allowed in, how is Matt going to check it out, send in a drone, or one of the pet Powellians from Karangahake with a camera on its shell?

The things that man does on behalf of shareholders, are amazing!
    Last edited by Getty; 27-01-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Advanced Member

PLEASE, Jonu, chime in with a post to put all the cynics out of their doubts?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    So, assuming all this is still the current situation with Dept of Labour, no one allowed in, how is Matt going to check it out, send in a drone, or one of the pet Powellians from Karangahake with a camera on its shell?

The things that man does on behalf of shareholders, are amazing!

Who knows - the vendors may not have been able to give it away for love nor money ..

After all can't be too much demand for a hobby mine when an old digger wants to cash up &
    wind down to take it easy, after decades of fossicking around down a large hole ..

.. then mysteriously along come Man from NTL waving $100K promise for a bit of a geezer around
    the old trappings and promising paid job around company board table to spin all sorts of fables
    and toss out all variety of Expert Spinnings on what may lay beneath the acreage, in the same
    manner as the current incumbents have been resorting to to earn their keep ..
    Last edited by nztx; 27-01-2021 at 11:05 AM. Reason: add more

I am not generally an advocate for small companies that ‘buy’ income via acquisitions, especially in industries they are themselves ‘operating in’ but not yet making a profit. I have lost in the past on this pattern of behaviour from companies - as executive and board promising that purchases will be eps accretive & profitable from day one, are on a good price multiple, - but rarely turn out to be.

Not saying this is the case here, but there are some red flags for me. Ask yourself if the following terms would apply and make your own call. Lack of income combined with continual capital spending, repeated capital raises to stay afloat, slow release of information to market, deadlines slipping that lack and/or have no further explanation, lack of full and concrete detail for future plans to make company profitable, then… promising acquisitions.

There are many outstanding questions regarding this latest potential acquisition. What will the cost operating be? What are the expected/actual incomes, when will these occur (ideally - are these occurring already?), are those earnings sustainable, what multiple of those earnings will NTL and NTL shareholders pay for this?

As mentioned before NTL is not exactly flush with cash. This acquisition will without a doubt increase NTL’s operating expenditure. It may bring income. I still don’t know what this will cost, and all the details. Private operations don't have to disclose in the same manner so still so many unknowns. This is where solid due diligence will be critical.

NZX companies can issue 15% of equity over a year (NTL... over 418m more shares, if at say $0.005 will provide just over $2m) without shareholder approval. However, in my opinion, a good company that has a really good acquisition on the table, should not have trouble seeking approval if the acquisition is truly in the interest of the shareholders.

I really hope this is a step in the right direction for NTL and all holders. However, I personally wouldn’t bet on it with my own money.

It just goes from bad to worse with NTL. Totally hopeless. Oh and please don’t remind me how much the CEO and the board are being paid. All these guys are having a good laugh at the expense of the shareholders.
    Last edited by Brain; 27-01-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Advanced Member

Play it again Matt.

https://youtu.be/RLs2ud5JZPQ

Even the bad times sound good.
    Last edited by Getty; 27-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Im happy to due the DD for free- accountant for hire.

Guru

I see the normal ignorant rants continue. I am astounded by some of the drivel being uttered this morning by the usual suspects.

Mr Rabone is something of a legend in the geology/prospecting community. This is the paydirt he chose for himself. He didn't bother doing a drilling programme to prove up JORC....he knew it was there. So do OGC who surround Broken Hills. Rabones have the principal structure.....Stuart knew it and so do OGC who are currently drilling on his boundary.

Broken Hills have been processing through OGC, so OGC know his grades.

Note the comparison in geology to WKP. OGC have just released stellar grades at WKP.

This is a master stroke from NTL. An absolute game changing belter. There is no reason NTL has to be limited to Talisman. The Strategic Review is coming to fruition.