sharetrader
Page 699 of 936 FirstFirst ... 199599649689695696697698699700701702703709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 9358
    Legend

These guys seems to know how finding the gold stuff is done -

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/g...ichhardt-creek

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Deleted, posted twice
    I'm obviously with you on this one Getty. Jonu has posted some savage comments in the past. Bit rich to be moaning about others. Those in glasshouses yada yada...

No point us moaning at each other - there is only one Board/MD we should be aiming our darts at

I retract my last statement, better to be some chat rather than none

IMO

It is admirable that posters advocate what they see as fair play.

However, one can assume you are late arrivals to the thread.

If you bother to read the last 12 months of posts, you will see for yourselves Jonu has been the Jonu Spithill pitbull of the thread, savaging any dissenters of the NTL illusion.
    Many insults, challenges and threats have been issued.
    His views may have helped lead lemmings over the cliff.

To suggest he is a victim of Matt Hill is a total falsehood.

They have been in regular contact, and Jonu has defended Mr Hill, to the extent that many thought he was in fact Mr Hill.
    Spot on imo.In a nutshell. be warned any newbies.

Advanced Member

Last time I was having a quiet cappuccino at the Nambawan Cafe, on the seawall at Port Vila, Vanuatu, I contemplated how serene and inactive it was.

A bit like the environs of the Karangahake Gorge actually.

Satisfied sigh - normality has returned - hahahaha

Last time I was having a quiet cappuccino at the Nambawan Cafe, on the seawall at Port Vila, Vanuatu, I contemplated how serene and inactive it was.

A bit like the environs of the Karangahake Gorge actually.

Yes - I took a drive through the Karangahake Gorge just a couple of weeks ago on a short tour of the Waihi / Coromandel / Waikato while visiting from Christchurch. Thought I might as well consult Google Maps for the location of the mine. Turned off SH2 onto Old Rotokohu Road (which I hope was the right road as that is the one listed in the annual report). The standard of the road was pretty much in keeping with how I perceive the company - narrow, rough and rutted, and the further up the road you go the greater the sense of impending doom. No sign of a mine anywhere - it must be well hidden, but then gauging by the signs hanging off signposts and trees in the area I get the impression mining of the Karangahake area isn't that welcome, so that probably explains it. No signs that any large trucks or machinery could easily navigate that road. But again - I hope I was on the right one, and the road listed in the annual report isn't just a decoy !
    Finding nothing, we returned to the highway and stopped to walk the very interesting Karangahake Windows Walk - well worth doing - except that the ruins of the batteries of the earlier Crown and Talisman mines of the early 20th century kept haunting me for days after - I don't know why ! At least these ruins were out in the open. The ruins of the New Talisman are well hidden from view. I think my decision to sell most of my holding at .006 late 2020 was well considered after all.
    It's funny how just 15kms away, Waihi welcomed the mining and a town grew up around the Martha pit, which is now closed and has plans for remediation. I get the feeling Matt Hill and his comrades aren't welcome in the area. Time to quit the rest of my holding and move on........

Advanced Member

A good post that aptly describes the impression one gets when hunting down the 'mine'.

It raises a few points to me;

The project is virtually invisible, 99.99% of visitors to the beautiful area wouldn't even know it was there, so it cant be viewed as a blot on the landscape unless viewed from the air.
    Green opposition to that aspect is unjustified.

The road doesn't need to be better than what it is, for a boutique operation, with 10tonne restrictions, which are no impediment to such an operation.

As for decoys in the reports, well yes, the roaring season has begun...and duck shooting not far away...

A good post that aptly describes the impression one gets when hunting down the 'mine'.

It raises a few points to me;

The project is virtually invisible, 99.99% of visitors to the beautiful area wouldn't even know it was there, so it cant be viewed as a blot on the landscape unless viewed from the air.
    Green opposition to that aspect is unjustified.

The road doesn't need to be better than what it is, for a boutique operation, with 10tonne restrictions, which are no impediment to such an operation.

As for decoys in the reports, well yes, the roaring season has begun...and duck shooting not far away...
    I always assumed that the truck movements restrictions were caused by greenies embedded in council. I was probably wrong. It may well be that the road that Mr Crew describes is so dodgy that from a road engineering point of 4 x 10 tonne trucks per day is the best it can handle. More reasons not to invest.