sharetrader
Page 763 of 937 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773813863 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 9368

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    This is rather prejudicial and pre-emptive.

I would think it prudent to wait till all nominations & credentials are known.

After all, our Jonu has established himself as a caustic denigrating commentator, to the point where many think/thought he was Mr Hill.

His support & defence of that gent has coincided with a SP drop of many multiples.

Can a leopard change its spots?
    Jonu’s post #7595 indicates to me that those spots have faded considerably and he is on a mission.

After all, our Jonu has established himself as a caustic denigrating commentator, to the point where many think/thought he was Mr Hill.

His support & defence of that gent has coincided with a SP drop of many multiples.

Let's not forget that you mr Getty have posted some comments that border on vitriol and caustic yourself
    Can a pot change to a nice kettle colour

Advanced Member

Depends who's in the kitchen...

Guru

I am reluctant to post here much at the moment, and in particular wish to avoid the speculatory nature of the comments that are often prevalent here.

I have been harsh in my criticism of some posters previously, but only when I felt they were being malicious or putting themselves at risk of defamation.

I have long held the position that NTL has amazing potential. My confidence in that is based on JORC. I am extremely disappointed in the governance of the company, hence my acceptance of a nomination to stand for the Board.

Not everything Matt Hill has done in recent times is bad. He does seem to have been far too distracted with side deals rather than the main priorities of the company. From the limited knowledge we have, Broken Hills looks like an exciting addition. I am unconvinced as to the Vanuatu deal and the CGL split-off. Without access to DD materials it is hard to have a definitive position on any of it, and obviously if I did have access to such DD material I wouldn't be able to comment on it here.

My "defence" of Matt Hill has been of what I see as malice and defamatory comments by some posters. I have and will defend the value I see in the company. That does not amount to a defence of the current governance.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    and obviously if I did have access to such DD material I wouldn't be able to comment on it here.
    Well that alone sets you apart from the standards of Matt. Good luck with your nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Sure thing!

I'll even invite Bullish if he/she's up for it, snarky comments and all.
    Still inviting him to your party Stumpy

IMO

Going by his dialogue yes lol.Some diplomacy spots ,getting set.Rinse and repeat.Dont forget to pour it in to the coming cap raise,how many now 10,,20? ,Here we go again , fool me once ,etc etc ,imo.

So am I missing something guys, because this stock seems to polarise people, and I'm firmly of the opinion to avoid it like the plague?

There's definitely high grade gold down there. I think it would be fair to say everyone knows and accepts that.

However:

The resource consents are not in place?
    The access road and bridge are not ready for trucks?
    It's on Conservation Department land?
    The pilot plant is sitting down the mine not being used because it was a waste of money and not fit for purpose?
    There is no mining engineer? He resigned over a year ago and hasn't been replaced.?
    There is no concrete doable scheme for processing anyway?
    The CEO is facing court proceedings for market manipulation, and the Board are essentially ineffective. (they couldn't even answer emails from the NZSA for goodness sake).
    The money (leftover from the last SPP) is fast running out, and is only being used to pay exorbitant salaries?
    I believe the forthcoming capital raise will fail as I can not see any material way for it to succeed?

The various hair brained ideas that the company comes up with (Vanuatu, Fiji, USA, warrants, loyalty shares, other mining and land acquisitions etc etc) are just designed to camouflage and distract; and the real likelihood is for company failure and liquidation. BUT it keeps the hope and dreams alive for some shareholders who choose to believe the fantasy and/or are too paralysed to exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ....................Rinse and repeat.Dont forget to pour it in to the coming cap raise,how many now 10,,20? ,Here we go again , fool me once ,etc etc ,imo.
    Yes. This rinse and repeat has been going on for many many many years.

Some good reading from the people who had similar gold aspirations for NTL's predecessor! Not many of those posters still around

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...=heritage+gold

Meanwhile the CEO and management keep drawing wages but don't seem to transparently or effectively communicate to shareholders. (No shareholder knows what is going on at the mine today. No shareholder knows if there are people working down the mine or doing anything else in the area. There haven't been any covid updates. Deadlines and time frames always seem to be missed).

Soooo......am I missing something?

What is keeping people interested in this company when it appears to be skating on a bubble and close to going under?

So, once again, what am I missing?

Disc: Made good money on NTL but lost it on MPG.
    Very very unlikely to buy NTL again, but reserve the right to change my mind.

PS. I wish you the best with your Board aspirations Jonu. I’m not very convinced you’re going to like what you find though, but best of luck anyway!
    Last edited by dubya; 02-09-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Very unfair comment in my view. Jonu like myself believed the companies announcements just like the one in Dubya’s post #7590. Jonu has significant skin in the game and hopefully he will find out the real problems and hopefully there will be a solution. I think most people who read this thread would give him their support.
    this, good luck to all with remaining skin in this game. It would be great to see this amount to something beyond a cash-cow for current board and ceo

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    So am I missing something guys, because this stock seems to polarise people, and I'm firmly of the opinion to avoid it like the plague?

There's definitely high grade gold down there. I think it would be fair to say everyone knows and accepts that.

However:

The resource consents are not in place?
    The access road and bridge are not ready for trucks?
    It's on Conservation Department land?
    The pilot plant is sitting down the mine not being used because it was a waste of money and not fit for purpose?
    There is no mining engineer? He resigned over a year ago and hasn't been replaced.?
    There is no concrete doable scheme for processing anyway?
    The CEO is facing court proceedings for market manipulation, and the Board are essentially ineffective. (they couldn't even answer emails from the NZSA for goodness sake).
    The money (leftover from the last SPP) is fast running out, and is only being used to pay exorbitant salaries?
    I believe the forthcoming capital raise will fail as I can not see any material way for it to succeed?

The various hair brained ideas that the company comes up with (Vanuatu, Fiji, USA, warrants, loyalty shares, other mining and land acquisitions etc etc) are just designed to camouflage and distract; and the real likelihood is for company failure and liquidation. BUT it keeps the hope and dreams alive for some shareholders who choose to believe the fantasy and/or are too paralysed to exit.

Yes. This rinse and repeat has been going on for many many many years.

Some good reading from the people who had similar gold aspirations for NTL's predecessor! Not many of those posters still around

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...=heritage+gold

Meanwhile the CEO and management keep drawing wages but don't seem to transparently or effectively communicate to shareholders. (No shareholder knows what is going on at the mine today. No shareholder knows if there are people working down the mine or doing anything else in the area. There haven't been any covid updates. Deadlines and time frames always seem to be missed).

Soooo......am I missing something?

What is keeping people interested in this company when it appears to be skating on a bubble and close to going under?

So, once again, what am I missing?

Disc: Made good money on NTL but lost it on MPG.
    Very very unlikely to buy NTL again, but reserve the right to change my mind.

PS. I wish you the best with your Board aspirations Jonu. I’m not very convinced you’re going to like what you find though, but best of luck anyway!
    I think there was also the idea of microbes to process the gold - given that Au has been coming out of the ground for thousands of years, there never seems to have been a good olde (gold) plan to just use manual labour to do the work. Health and Safety maybe doesnt allow.

I still want to see NTL work, but given the stories we have had over the years (since HGD), when they finally came out and said they needed to acquire Rabones (sp??) mine to try to gain economies of scale, for me that was the moment when I lost all hope.
    If they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, I will happily jump on teh bandwagon, but cant see it happening - their primary resource just doesnt seem viable.

Just my opinion. I hope Jonu does get on Board, just so that we might see some "truths" come out. With my glass half empty, would think the Board wont want him on, and will just pull in a friendly. Dont forget about the Director who left quietly - in Covid times when all Board meetings are done remotely, why would you leave? Maybe good reasons, maybe he had scrupples.

Fun times, AGM soon. Gold in them hills - just get it out!!