sharetrader
Page 800 of 936 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850900 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 9358

I wonder if they will be pitching themselves to OGC now the parasites have been removed? Local operation, now with much more cash to throw around with Didipio back online. Could be the easiest way forward.

Advanced Member

Top marks to Jonu, for pruning the dead wood out at the stump.

It appears no one will receive any payment, unless they are adding value.

Lets hope for no lawsuits, along the lines of unfair dismissal, etc.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Top marks to Jonu, for pruning the dead wood out at the stump.

It appears no one will receive any payment, unless they are adding value.

Lets hope for no lawsuits, along the lines of unfair dismissal, etc.
    Trying to argue "unfair dismissal" would be mission impossible,and likely cost the plantiff a fortune,as well as costs.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Trying to argue "unfair dismissal" would be mission impossible,and likely cost the plantiff a fortune,as well as costs.
    In essence, I agree, but employment law, and contracts can have snags for the unwary, particularly involving proceedure.

The Employment court makes frequent judgements and penalties against employers because of that.
    Last edited by Getty; 13-10-2021 at 10:16 AM.

so was Asia Pacific Capital Group Ltd Hill's personal entity for contracting to them?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

In NZ, as far as I'm aware, you can't make a person redundant.

What could/should be done is to make the position (CEO) redundant & replace that position with a managing director. The first requirement for the new managing director role could be to first be a director of the company.

The new board can appoint any director that they choose to with the recent vacancies, as we saw them do with Matt's patsy Wyse just before the AGM.

So if the current board has someone in mind to run the day to day operations, they first appoint that someone to the board, have them apply for the MD position then a week later offer them the position. Alternately, maybe this could be Mr. Rabone's forte and best value to the company?

Yes Matt was good at raising capital in his dubious ways, but that capital was raised to grease his own pocket, not to advance the company into mining anything.

I believe as a shareholder, anything that can be done to cleanse the company of Matt is a good move. Raising capital for something with a clear plan going forward to extract gold will be much easier than raising capital to buy a hobby mine & a holiday home in Vanuatu!

I'm wondering at what point will Jonu be inviting the SFO into the office to have a little look at the last 22 years worth of company documentation.

I don't believe the SFO generally files "civil" charges!

Thats a decent broom Jonu has.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Trying to argue "unfair dismissal" would be mission impossible, and likely cost the plaintiff a fortune; as well as costs.
    He'd not want too much scrutiny of the the goings on I'd be picking. The Rats have fled for a reason...

Rat himself wasn't terminated is what I read. Perhaps just told to stay at home (and hopefully resign)
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 13-10-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    He'd not want too much scrutiny of the the goings on I'd be picking. The Rats have fled for a reason...

Rat himself wasn't terminated is what I read. Perhaps just told to stay at home (and hopefully resign)
    With Asia Pacific's termination surely this means Matt's resignation is not required. It makes the process very tidy for NTL I would have thought to avoid redundancy proceedings. Another case of Matt spending too much time trying to be clever with his corporate structures which has backfired.