sharetrader
Page 883 of 936 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,830 of 9359
    Advanced Member

Thanks silver blizzard .
    Great location to extract and importantly process gold .
    Snowy river mine should do well .
    Who is driving,financing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks silver blizzard .
    Great location to extract and importantly process gold .
    Snowy river mine should do well .
    Who is driving,financing it ?
    I just read it previously mined 750,000 ounces up until 1951 when there was a mine collapse.

It's an inferred resource and at depth. Quartz vein deposits are notoriously hard to ascertain as it's almost impossible to drill out a reserve so it becomes visual mining following the vein & hoping it carries on.

Heavy hitting board & management, most the ex Sino guys. Boy Ben McCormick has lost weight since his Newcrest days!

They spent quite a bit of money already and a lot more to go.

Is Federation Mining listed?

Here's a fairly recent article.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/130680957/10000m-of-tunnels-to-be-drilled-to-confirm-viability-of-goldmine-site
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-07-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    My impression is they (the mine contractor) will be producing a concentrate underground. 65% gold from memory that then will get sent off for refining. If they can achieve that it reduces the Capex dramatically. Would be good to have some more detail though.
    Reading the pilot plant preliminary results announcement linked below the gold proportion in the concentrate produced contains approximately 1 kg of gold per tonne of concentrate ie 0.1%. The recent Cap Raise documentation described a 6 to 12g of gold /tonne of ore excavated range therefore we have approximately a 100 to 1 concentration of the ore improvement with the plant which would bring very significant transportation benefits away from the mine towards the final gold refining location into ingots. The latest annual report mentions NTL could also look at doing the final refining from the concentrate to the ingots which I noted could be a 'bridge too far'.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341267

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Just saw this article about Snowy River Mine producing gold, which offers a nice sentiment for gold mining this year.

Gold struck at New Zealand's deepest mine could be worth $2b

"Gold was discovered there in early 1900s and the mine ran from about 1906 to 1951," Smith said.

Up to 750 ounces of gold was mined back then and the now-abandoned Waiuta township was abuzz.

This time the birthday reef is being mined about 3km beneath the old Blackwater mine workings.

"We're seeing record gold prices, way over $3000 an ounce, which is historically high," Development West Coast CEO Heath Milne said.

"We've spent nearly $70 million getting to where we are now, we've got 60 employees on now. That will grow over the next 12 months or so to 150 people on site," Smith said.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...-worth-2b.html
    The "Smith said" person quoted is Lincoln Smith, Managing Director of Terra Firma Mining Ltd, who have been engaged by NTL to manage the Talisman mine and are also taking a $300k stake in NTL. Lincoln has been General Manager at Federation's Snowy River project the last 2 years and a number of Statutory positions at Snowy River were also held by Terra Firma staff.

We are delighted to have them aboard.

John Upperton, Director of New Talisman

Guru

I just read it previously mined 750,000 ounces up until 1951 when there was a mine collapse.

It's an inferred resource and at depth. Quartz vein deposits are notoriously hard to ascertain as it's almost impossible to drill out a reserve so it becomes visual mining following the vein & hoping it carries on.

Heavy hitting board & management, most the ex Sino guys. Boy Ben McCormick has lost weight since his Newcrest days!

They spent quite a bit of money already and a lot more to go.

Is Federation Mining listed?

Here's a fairly recent article.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indus...-goldmine-site
    So how many oz's of the shiny stuff has been identified on our ground ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    So how many oz's of the shiny stuff has been identified on our ground ?
    Reading the last annual report so far there is 350,000 oz bullion equivalent of indicated and inferred resource. With a processing plant currently being consented at Snowy River and Terra Firma formally on board this must offer a very significant alignment of expertise and plant with NTL.
    Last edited by Paint it Black; 03-07-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    Reading the last annual report so far there is 350,000 oz bullion equivalent of indicated and inferred resource. With a processing plant currently being consented at Snowy River and Terra Firma formally on board this must offer a very significant alignment of expertise and plant with NTL.
    So even if only 100,000 oz's is actually mined at a net cost of $1000.00 per oz thats $100,000,000.00 , for a bare bones outfit with approx 450,000 SOI , no wonder that peops were ready and willing to front up with more reddies ( me included ).
    Im picking once there is confirmation of real progress that the S P wont be at these levels.

All numbers are in N Z $.
    Last edited by whatsup; 03-07-2023 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    So even if only 100,000 oz's is actually mined at a net cost of $1000.00 per oz thats $100,000,000.00 , for a bare bones outfit with approx 450,000 SOI , no wonder that peops were ready and willing to front up with more reddies ( me included ).
    Im picking once there is confirmation of real progress that the S P wont be at these levels.

All numbers are in N Z $.
    It's a private company so no real juice until it lists.

It's a private company so no real juice until it lists.
    Whatsup is referring to NTL here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The "Smith said" person quoted is Lincoln Smith, Managing Director of Terra Firma Mining Ltd, who have been engaged by NTL to manage the Talisman mine and are also taking a $300k stake in NTL. Lincoln has been General Manager at Federation's Snowy River project the last 2 years and a number of Statutory positions at Snowy River were also held by Terra Firma staff.

We are delighted to have them aboard.

John Upperton, Director of New Talisman
    This seems to have gone un-commented on.
    That is very good news . Well done for getting him on board, and a big boost to confidence. Looking forward to walking those golden hills again.. when the rain stops.
    Awesome view from the TRIG point on top of the mountain by the way. Worth the climb.
    Last edited by Charlie; 06-07-2023 at 11:57 AM.