sharetrader
Page 925 of 936 FirstFirst ... 425825875915921922923924925926927928929935 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 9358

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    Go to TVNZ+ and refer to 6pm news. Quite a long clip, The protestors just try to spread BS and unfortunately a lot of their followers believe it. I fear it's going to get ugly and the police will need to firmly uphold the law.
    OK thanks. Will do.

Daytr, if you find it would you mind posting it here. I had a looksy but couldn't find the clip.

Membaa

Go to TVNZ+ and refer to 6pm news. Quite a long clip, The protestors just try to spread BS and unfortunately a lot of their followers believe it. I fear it's going to get ugly and the police will need to firmly uphold the law.
    Starts at 7m 43s. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/one-new...odes/s2024-e77

Thanks Baa Baa

I have a few concerns raised by that interview.

1) there is obviously a lot more opposition to the project than was actually perceived.

2) NTL say they have a mining permit and then in the interview its termed as a resource consent for bulk sampling, something that's usually granted for exploration not mine production. I would be interested to know what the limitations of a bulk sampling consent is and does the company still need a mining consent? Also is it correct for NTL to claim they have a mining permit?

3) Was Jonu being cute when he answered the question about widening the access through DOC land? Delahunty using the term double lane highway which was an easy bullet to dodge, as its obviously not going to be a highway. Jonu's smirk after he responded make me wonder if he used that faux pas by Delahunty to dodge the question. As the access is through DOC land, if widening is required then it could be some of the reason for the opposition and delay. It would be good to know if the access does require widening or not.

Also, something I have raised before. Someone at NTL really needs to take responsibility for their website.
    The last quarterly report on the site is from Dec 2022.
    Last investor presentation is from 2013!
    New investors seeing this could imply lack of professionalism. Not a great look!
    Last edited by Daytr; 19-03-2024 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I have a few concerns raised by that interview.

1) there is obviously a lot more opposition to the project than was actually perceived.

2) NTL say they have a mining permit and then in the interview its termed as a resource consent for bulk sampling, something that's usually granted for exploration not mine production. I would be interested to know what the limitations of a bulk sampling consent is and does the company still need a mining consent? Also is it correct for NTL to claim they have a mining permit?

3) Was Jonu being cute when he answered the question about widening the access through DOC land? Delahunty using the term double lane highway which was an easy bullet to dodge, as its obviously not going to be a highway. Jonu's smirk after he responded make me wonder if he used that faux pas by Delahunty to dodge the question. As the access is through DOC land, if widening is required then it could be some of the reason for the opposition and delay. It would be good to know if the access does require widening or not.

Also, something I have raised before. Someone at NTL really needs to take responsibility for their website.
    The last quarterly report on the site is from Dec 2022.
    Last investor presentation is from 2013!
    New investors seeing this could imply lack of professionalism. Not a great look!
    Delahunty is amazingly (or more probably deliberately) ignorant of NTL's proposals. To keep harping on about the waste toxicity and significant access roadworks is to me libelous (ex green MP where she was demoted before retiring) and she should tread carefully if not already too far. I wonder whether she was amongst the protestors spreading Z nails on the access road and endangering workers lives in the last round of protests? I think the status of the consents is also well covered in previous posts in early March. The Bulk Sampling Resource Consent allows extraction of 20,000 m3/annum of ore (which will be enough to get the cash flow going) and we are now after the Access Arrangement approval (which I understand is a condition of the consent). I think Jonu's smirk was because it was such an easy question to answer and demonstrated for all to see how off the planet the protesters are.

Delahunty is amazingly (or more probably deliberately) ignorant of NTL's proposals. To keep harping on about the waste toxicity and significant access roadworks is to me libelous (ex green MP where she was demoted before retiring) and she should tread carefully if not already too far. I wonder whether she was amongst the protestors spreading Z nails on the access road and endangering workers lives in the last round of protests? I think the status of the consents is also well covered in previous posts in early March. The Bulk Sampling Resource Consent allows extraction of 20,000 m3/annum of ore (which will be enough to get the cash flow going) and we are now after the Access Arrangement approval (which I understand is a condition of the consent). I think Jonu's smirk was because it was such an easy question to answer and demonstrated for all to see how off the planet the protesters are.
    Thanks and yes 20,000m3 should be easily sufficient to generate reasonable casflow.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

So do they need a bulk sampling 20,000 m3 processing plant consent too?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    So do they need a bulk sampling 20,000 m3 processing plant consent too?
    I believe this will come down to where it is located. As mentioned before hopefully they are locating it in industrial zoned land which should permit such activities. This is where the on site concentrator of the ore is a good idea to minimise the off site transportation and processing.

Let's hope that the paperwork is all in order and they can move quickly into production as soon as the license to mine is signed off.