sharetrader
Page 926 of 936 FirstFirst ... 426826876916922923924925926927928929930 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,260 of 9358

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    I believe this will come down to where it is located. As mentioned before hopefully they are locating it in industrial zoned land which should permit such activities. This is where the on site concentrator of the ore is a good idea to minimise the off site transportation and processing.
    Aren't they looking to produce a concentrate underground and then ship that off to an unknown existing plant for toll treatment?
    I believe they said the concentrate produced would be 65% gold.

They will need to dispose of the waste ore, but I assume that's covered by the bulk sampling consent.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Aren't they looking to produce a concentrate underground and then ship that off to an unknown existing plant for toll treatment?
    I believe they said the concentrate produced would be 65% gold.

They will need to dispose of the waste ore, but I assume that's covered by the bulk sampling consent.
    Yes they were looking at a concentrator underground as well as infilling the waste underground but the December Activities Report said they had identified a suitable processing site and were doing due diligence on it. Exactly what this means and whether it still involves an underground concentrator is unclear to me. I have never read about the 65% gold concentration from the proposed plant. I understood it is far less than that before final refining into ingots.

Yes they were looking at a concentrator underground as well as infilling the waste underground but the December Activities Report said they had identified a suitable processing site and were doing due diligence on it. Exactly what this means and whether it still involves an underground concentrator is unclear to me. I have never read about the 65% gold concentration from the proposed plant. I understood it is far less than that before final refining into ingots.
    Hmmm, I'm sure I read 65% somewhere, but can't find it. I might be confusing it with another mining stock.

I'm hoping I'm right as it would save substantially on trucking / shipping cost.

They do say " produce a concentrate underground to smelt directly into gold dore / ingots"
    So the concentrate would have to be a pretty high grade to achieve that I would imagine.
    Last edited by Daytr; 20-03-2024 at 08:49 AM.

Hmmm, I'm sure I read 65% somewhere, but can't find it. I might be confusing it with another mining stock.

I'm hoping I'm right as it would save substantially on trucking / shipping cost.

They do say " produce a concentrate underground to smelt directly into gold dore / ingots"
    So the concentrate would have to be a pretty high grade to achieve that I would imagine.
    My post #8823 last July adds some further thoughts of mine on the concentration.
    Last edited by Paint it Black; 20-03-2024 at 11:19 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The "Smith said" person quoted is Lincoln Smith, Managing Director of Terra Firma Mining Ltd, who have been engaged by NTL to manage the Talisman mine and are also taking a $300k stake in NTL. Lincoln has been General Manager at Federation's Snowy River project the last 2 years and a number of Statutory positions at Snowy River were also held by Terra Firma staff.

We are delighted to have them aboard.

John Upperton, Director of New Talisman
    Who owns Federations Snowy River Mine ? ( private I guess ) ?

Had a look at Blackwater (Snowy River) online. Now that's one exciting mine.

Haven't worked out how you can invest yet. Aussie Super fund comes up, then FZR (ASX) has like 2'percent.

It's a major project with ot of prep work completed.
    Last edited by Toddy; 20-03-2024 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Had a look at Blackwater (Snowy River) online. Now that's one exciting mine.

Haven't worked out how you can invest yet. Aussie Super fund comes up, then FZR (ASX) has like 2'percent.

It's a major project with ot of prep work completed.
    Good to read Federation's February's monthly update online with their interception of the Birthday Reef near Reefton. As mentioned before perhaps NTL could team with them in some way to utilise their proposed refining plant using concentrate transported down from Talisman.

Good to read Federation's February's monthly update online with their interception of the Birthday Reef near Reefton. As mentioned before perhaps NTL could team with them in some way to utilise their proposed refining plant using concentrate transported down from Talisman.
    I hope not, as that sounds like a bloody expensive option.

It will be interesting to see what other companies will be interested in toll treating such small amounts.

They will have to run trials to check compatibility of the plant & recovery rates.

I was hoping for a much higher concentrate than 1%, as then transport costs, even perhaps to Australia, wouldn't be a prohibitive.

There's just so much more detailed information we shareholders need to know where this is heading.

As I mentioned before, it's a speculative punt for me, as it can't be anything else without knowing even if they get the DOC approval, that they have a feasible & cost effective option to process the low grade concentrate into dore. In fact it would be irresponsible for the company to start mining without that in place.

I hope not, as that sounds like a bloody expensive option.

It will be interesting to see what other companies will be interested in toll treating such small amounts.

They will have to run trials to check compatibility of the plant & recovery rates.

I was hoping for a much higher concentrate than 1%, as then transport costs, even perhaps to Australia, wouldn't be a prohibitive.

There's just so much more detailed information we shareholders need to know where this is heading.

As I mentioned before, it's a speculative punt for me, as it can't be anything else without knowing even if they get the DOC approval, that they have a feasible & cost effective option to process the low grade concentrate into dore. In fact it would be irresponsible for the company to start mining without that in place.
    You have possibly misunderstood what I am saying about concentration levels. My post last July referred to reducing the volume of ore 100 times eg a 6 tonne truck delivery would be reduced to 60 kg. Not then expensive at all to transport to Reefton (or wherever) with a ute.

You have possibly misunderstood what I am saying about concentration levels. My post last July referred to reducing the volume of ore 100 times eg a 6 tonne truck delivery would be reduced to 60 kg. Not then expensive at all to transport to Reefton (or wherever) with a ute.
    Thanks.
    Can you point me to the company announcement that mentions the 100:1 concentration of the original test plant results?
    Or preferably link it. I looked back through the rights off document & I couldn't see it there.

What I did see in that capital raise offer, was that it clearly stated cashflow positive from production by the end of 2023.

Access to mine once work safe was ticked off. No mention of DOC approval required...