sharetrader
Page 927 of 938 FirstFirst ... 427827877917923924925926927928929930931937 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 9378

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341267

Daytr I've attached the link with the pilot plant results which show 1000g/tonne of gold in the concentrate. With the JORC assessment estimating an average of 10g/tonne of ore in the mine this calculates to a 1000/10 = 100 improvement in the recovery rate of gold from the concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341267

Daytr I've attached the link with the pilot plant results which show 1000g/tonne of gold in the concentrate. With the JORC assessment estimating an average of 10g/tonne of ore in the mine this calculates to a 1000/10 = 100 improvement in the recovery rate of gold from the concentrate.
    Thanks I saw that.
    Why are you multiplying the results by the estimated grade?
    You are suggesting in the test the ore feed was only 1gpt. It doesn't state what the ore feed was.
    It could have been 16gpt for all we know.

Am I missing something?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Thanks I saw that.
    Why are you multiplying the results by the estimated grade?
    You are suggesting in the test the ore feed was only 1gpt. It doesn't state what the ore feed was.
    It could have been 16gpt for all we know.

Am I missing something?
    Maybe. No I'm not saying the ore feed was 1g/tonne. I'm dividing the test results by the estimated grade not multiplying. They were testing the concentrate at 1000g/t not the ore. The amount of gold in the mined ore comes from the JORC assessment which for round numbers sake I've said is 10g/t (conservative). I hear what you are saying about what is the ore feed, and this is not stated possibly as it was not the focus of the test. The ore feed will obviously vary given the variability of the amount of gold in each tonne of ore mined. Simply put if you have a bag of 1000 peas (the concentrate) and one is gold that is 100 times better than 10 gold peas in 1 million peas (the ore). If the concentrate test results produced two gold peas that is 200 times better than the average ore volume required to produce the same amount of gold etc..

Maybe. No I'm not saying the ore feed was 1g/tonne. I'm dividing the test results by the estimated grade not multiplying. They were testing the concentrate at 1000g/t not the ore. The amount of gold in the mined ore comes from the JORC assessment which for round numbers sake I've said is 10g/t (conservative). I hear what you are saying about what is the ore feed, and this is not stated possibly as it was not the focus of the test. The ore feed will obviously vary given the variability of the amount of gold in each tonne of ore mined. Simply put if you have a bag of 1000 peas (the concentrate) and one is gold that is 100 times better than 10 gold peas in 1 million peas (the ore). If the concentrate test results produced two gold peas that is 200 times better than the average ore volume required to produce the same amount of gold etc..
    The way I read the announcement from 2019 is that they produced concentrate from ore resulting in circa 1kg gold per ton.
    I really don't understand how that announcement can be read any other way, but happy to be corrected.

Perhaps Jonu can clarify.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

The way I read the announcement from 2019 is that they produced concentrate from ore resulting in circa 1kg gold per ton.
    I really don't understand how that announcement can be read any other way, but happy to be corrected.

Perhaps Jonu can clarify.
    Not disputing that at all as you are simply reading from the announcement. You need to understand it is describing a rate per tonne of concentrate not ore. 1 kg = 1000g. 1 tonne = 1000kg = 1 million grams. Therefore the rate of gold recovery from the concentrate is 1000g per 1 million grams ie 1 in 1000. (my analogy was 1 gold pea per 1000 peas). The JORC estimates 10g per 1 million grams of ore. Therefore we are comparing a recovery rate of 1000g from the pilot plant concentrate with 10g if we crushed and refined the ore. This is a 100 to 1 advantage using the concentrate. Therefore you need 100 times less volume of material (concentrate) than ore to win the same amount of gold. This is why concentrating first at the mine is a great idea to minimise cartage weight along the access road and across the bridge to the state highway. I'll leave it at that.

Not disputing that at all as you are simply reading from the announcement. You need to understand it is describing a rate per tonne of concentrate not ore. 1 kg = 1000g. 1 tonne = 1000kg = 1 million grams. Therefore the rate of gold recovery from the concentrate is 1000g per 1 million grams ie 1 in 1000. (my analogy was 1 gold pea per 1000 peas). The JORC estimates 10g per 1 million grams of ore. Therefore we are comparing a recovery rate of 1000g from the pilot plant concentrate with 10g if we crushed and refined the ore. This is a 100 to 1 advantage using the concentrate. Therefore you need 100 times less volume of material (concentrate) than ore to win the same amount of gold. This is why concentrating first at the mine is a great idea to minimise cartage weight along the access road and across the bridge to the state highway. I'll leave it at that.
    Yes I get what you are saying, I did the first time, but where are you getting your information if not from the announcement? It clearly says from ore not already concentrated ore.

The announcement says one thing, you are saying another. So where do you get your information from that differs from the announcement?

Don't get me wrong, I happy if you are right but I just need to see something from the company that backs up what you are saying.

As I have said on multiple occasions, all this pertinent information should be in one place. Well run exploration Companies that I used to bank used to reiterate their story and the necessary detail to make an informed opinion on the stock in every announcement and report.

This was so new parties reading for the first time could understand what was going on straight away without having to troll through every report going back years to get the information required to invest.

If you want the stock price to go up. Attract new investors with quality & easily accessible information.

Edit: what it does say in one of the quarterly reports that they are looking to produce a concentrate that they can smelt directly into dore. That suggests it's a very high grade concentrate. I wouldn't think the grade you are referring to would be able to be smelter directly.

Anyway, as I have said before.
    So many unknowns.
    Last edited by Daytr; 24-03-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Yes I get what you are saying, I did the first time, but where are you getting your information if not from the announcement? It clearly says from ore not already concentrated ore.

The announcement says one thing, you are saying another. So where do you get your information from that differs from the announcement?

Don't get me wrong, I happy if you are right but I just need to see something from the company that backs up what you are saying.

As I have said on multiple occasions, all this pertinent information should be in one place. Well run exploration Companies that I used to bank used to reiterate their story and the necessary detail to make an informed opinion on the stock in every announcement and report.

This was so new parties reading for the first time could understand what was going on straight away without having to troll through every report going back years to get the information required to invest.

If you want the stock price to go up. Attract new investors with quality & easily accessible information.

Edit: what it does say in one of the quarterly reports that they are looking to produce a concentrate that they can smelt directly into dore. That suggests it's a very high grade concentrate. I wouldn't think the grade you are referring to would be able to be smelter directly.

Anyway, as I have said before.
    So many unknowns.
    Just reread the link I sent you. I'll quote from the second paragraph. " Two batches of concentrate, produced by passing ore which has been ground to less than 150 micron size (about the same fineness as cement powder), through the centrifugal concentrator and performing a cleanup on the shaker table, have been assayed by independent SGS laboratories yielding grades of 989g/t gold and 4,120g/t silver, and 876g/t gold and 2,800g/t silver respectively." Surely you can agree that the 1000g/tonne I quoted as a round number is a measure of the gold contained in the concentrate.

Just reread the link I sent you. I'll quote from the second paragraph. " Two batches of concentrate, produced by passing ore which has been ground to less than 150 micron size (about the same fineness as cement powder), through the centrifugal concentrator and performing a cleanup on the shaker table, have been assayed by independent SGS laboratories yielding grades of 989g/t gold and 4,120g/t silver, and 876g/t gold and 2,800g/t silver respectively." Surely you can agree that the 1000g/tonne I quoted as a round number is a measure of the gold contained in the concentrate.
    OK, we have been arguing at cross purposes.
    As I said at the start according to the announcement they will be producing a 1% concentrate. I.e 1kg per ton.

Corrected below
    Last edited by Daytr; 24-03-2024 at 10:55 AM.

You have possibly misunderstood what I am saying about concentration levels. My post last July referred to reducing the volume of ore 100 times eg a 6 tonne truck delivery would be reduced to 60 kg. Not then expensive at all to transport to Reefton (or wherever) with a ute.
    This is where I'm confused. Here you say they are producing a concentrate of 10kgs per ton.

Well I know where the confusion is.
    You have said on numerous occasions that they are reconcentrating the 1kg per ton concentrate and what I keep saying is I don't get that from the announcement. And that I'm not getting it because I am reading straight from the announcement.

Where else am I supposed to get it from?
    Last edited by Daytr; 24-03-2024 at 11:01 AM.

OK, we have been arguing at cross purposes.
    As I said at the start according to the announcement they will be producing a 1% concentrate. I.e 1kg per ton.
    Sorry my math there is wrong. It should be 0.1 of a percent. I.e 1kg per 1000kgs.

Anyway I have no issue with what is stated as the concentrate from the announcement in 2019.
    Where I am struggling is that you are saying it's then being reconcentrated to produce 10kg per ton concentrate.
    Where has the company stated this?