sharetrader
Page 98 of 936 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
    Guru

I was at the meeting today and I noticed that at the back of the meeting there was a Maori gentleman who took some notes.
    I see that the in the Stuff news tonight that Iwi is going to protest against the granting of the mining permits in the Karangahake gorge, I wonder if the two are connected !!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I was at the meeting today and I noticed that at the back of the meeting there was a Maori gentleman who took some notes.
    I see that the in the Stuff news tonight that Iwi is going to protest against the granting of the mining permits in the Karangahake gorge, I wonder if the two are connected !!
    The stuff news on that was out before the meeting started. We await further developments.
    Cheers
    Miner

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Hawkeye;503830]Digger is going I think, possibly robbo24 too[/QUOT

Well after a few wrong turns and a fight to get a parking space I got to the meeting about 5 mins before it started.
    Met McKee, Matthew Hill ,Dr Prindle and the man on the job Wayne. Wayne is a gold miner from south Africa who I am pleased to say looks a lot more comfortable in the slides presented then in his work cloths. In a small start up company like this a practicle man on the job is a top priority.
    The rock dug out of the pile will be somewhat sorted and then sent to Waihi where it will be processed by Newmont. This will require a few truck loads going back and forth through the gorge. The company has done the premits on this and from the roads board there seems to be no problem.
    One of the things I liked about the operations is that the company intends to start small a learn the operations before getting bigger. I totally agree with this. Have seen people and companies fall over trying to take on too much toooo soon on pure theory. Walk before you run was the phrase used.
    The company still needs more money to get through the next four or five months to production. After the meeting had a good talk with the directors on capital raising. The company has several offers from big investors who probably want an arm and a leg for their imput. I put it to them that they should have another cash issue before hand just to cover their legal butt. Matthew Hill as reported has just bought up 4.3 million from the last cash issue short fall. That cash issue date has now expired and no one can buy shares in it . In the event this takes off and the shares are much higher in the future he will face anger from holders that he had the last cheap up take even if what he did was legal. It is better to offer again to all shareholders one more go and to be sure that the little holders get the same final offer before it is given away in a placement or to directors. That I understand has been taken on board. About 25 at the meeting but I did not count so could be out a few. There will certainly be more in the future if this is successful.
    What about holding the meeting in Paeroa and then the mine is just down the road.

Dr Prindle gave a talk on the cobalt mine our other investment. At this stage it is not my first concern---lets get on with the GOLD.
    digger

Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au...ity-57473.html

AWOL

Thanks for the input Digger, much appreciated.
    Might be a bit risky to have the meeting in Paeroa, protesters and all.

Legend

Thanks Digger. This report in NZResources today.

12/9/2014 — Gold
    NTL chairman reveals Newmont to undertake ore testing

The chairman of New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASX: NTL), Murray McKee said that one of the latest milestones for re-developing the historic Talisman gold mine at Karangahake should be achieved by October 13.
    This was completing all the documentation and procedures for the new High Hazards Unit now working with underground mining in New Zealand.
    More recently New Talisman had gained resource consents from the Hauraki District together with an access agreement from the Department of Conservation.
    McKee said that for trial testing of Talisman ore, about 50 tonnes was moved from the mine stockpiles you to a secured offsite storage facility as a prelude to preliminary metallurgical tests and for domination of the preferred process route for Talisman ore.
    A further 20t of ore was also removed from site for testing, and he said yesterday the ore will be treated at Newmont Waihi Gold’s gold processing facility in Waihi, only a few kilometres from the mine.
    McKee said based on work to date the indication is the indicated grade will exceed one ounce of gold per tonne gold and several ounces of silver.
    He said the company balance sheet reflects the progress the company has made “on its journey from explorer to developer to producer.
    “In 2013 the balance sheet reported net tangible assets of $1.384 million. In 2014 the comparable figure was $7.946 M,” he said.
    On subsidiary Coromandel Gold Ltd, McKee said the objective had been to place this as a separate exploration asset going into another entity, and this has now been completed.
    New Talisman has identified some key management for Coromandel Gold. There were now indications the market climate for exploration- which has been nearly cold for some time – may be starting to warm up.

On a side note, my news feed on Facebook is filled with young new zealanders upset about this mining activity. It feels like most people are thinking this mine is going to become Waihi as soon as they start mining.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    On a side note, my news feed on Facebook is filled with young new zealanders upset about this mining activity. It feels like most people are thinking this mine is going to become Waihi as soon as they start mining.

Sigh.
    You wouldn't be able upload screenshots of your newsfeed by any chance?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post

Sigh.
    See, the problem is that you North islanders have a problem that the rest of us in New Zealand and Australia really don’t have to endure, an awful infestation of mung bean munching dope smoking dole bludging hippies.

But there is a solution, you really must construct a Shantytown or Sovereign hill feature park so that young hippi can learn about New Zealand culture, seeking ones fortune, moving earth to find precious things, learning all about useful things in life like how to make horse shoes, candles and wagon wheels, perhaps they’ll even become gold bugs, one can only hope.

Perhaps someday they will in turn make their kids watch ‘paint your wagon’ and ‘hunters gold' re-runs.

Clearly it all did me no harm as a youngster

Last edited by MAC; 12-09-2014 at 09:22 PM.

AWOL

Some interesting selling quotes this morning. 9c?