sharetrader
Page 99 of 936 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    You wouldn't be able upload screenshots of your newsfeed by any chance?
    Sorry just Read this Stumpy, will try find the post this afternoon. May be unsuccessful given it was awhile ago now. Didnt cause much of a stir though so wasnt to concerned, it just seems my generation vote very differently to how I do. But that is for another thread im sure.

Not really a stock I follow, but thought todays article in stuff might be interesting for whoever does. Sounds like the "neighbours" (or just rent a crowd - I don't know) are not to excited about the mining permit:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1049...se-mining-plan

Banned

Interesting that the locals think profits are going overseas.

Perhaps they should stop smokin the strong Coromandel puha and start reading a shareholders & directors list.

I love how there has been a lot more movement upwards in price due to their protesting, quite suprised how many people that were there after watching the video.

It does annoy me how people are so closed minded though, stating the money will go offshore. Also looking at the pictures of the area just through google, there isnt going to be much work to have the mine operational, so the effect on the environment or public access is minimal.

Also i dont understand how they can take offence about not being made aware of it and that it was sneakily pushed through, I've known about this from at least April 2013 and I live in Wellington not down the road!

AWOL

If I was to rush outside and protest the use of a heavy vehicle on a public road as an ordinary NZer I would expect the imminent arrival of a white coated crisis team.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 15-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    Also i dont understand how they can take offence about not being made aware of it and that it was sneakily pushed through, I've known about this from at least April 2013 and I live in Wellington not down the road!

I feel the same way. There's been more than enough news articles in the business news sections on NZherald, stuff etc.

And the mining permit was granted back in 2009 subject to RMA compliance.
    http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.n...ing-Permit.pdf

And local residents have actually been aware of it for quite some time now.
    http://blog.greens.org.nz/2010/02/23...e-karangahake/

Protestors having a whinge because they haven't been given any NTL shares I guess

Totally agree BFG.
    It's probable a lot of these protestors are uninformed and only thinking of themselves, despite statements to the contrary. This mine can and will have a positive econonmic effect for the local community without destroying the beautiful gorge.
    It seems it could be more about a dump truck passing by someones property on a public road......
    Maybe a bit more of that coromandel puha and it'll turn into a magic dragon....

AWOL

Amazing isnt it, the lovely Karangahake gorge especially after 20 or 30 inches of rain in the catchment area bringing the water level to the dartboards in the Waikino pub and wiping parts of the little hamlet off the map, taking out bridges and causing widespread destruction. Would you know that if you looked at it now?That happened in the late 70s or early 80s, has happened before and will happen again.
    And they are worried about a dump truck going down the road.
    Outstanding.

The connotation as well is that the mine isn't underground - That basically the gorge is going to be completely annihilated and turned into something that looks like one of the big alaska strip mines - all by a mining company with under $1M in cash. Steady on.

Plenty more NTL being traded pushing the price up. Is there any indication as to when the results for the processing of the 50 tonne batch of ore will be out?