sharetrader
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Guru

nice price action today...

I have to ask..what is the investment horizon for you guys.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    I have to ask..what is the investment horizon for you guys.
    The property equity plays with decent yield are forever investments, they'll be part of my beneficiaries inheritance while I'm enjoying the earnings or reinvesting them while I'm alive. We're in a time now when SP to NTA and earnings vs capital invested for long term yield is improving, it is a once in a decade opportunity for those who have the capital to get invested or accumulate.

Someone might like to share their story about their investment in property equities that has already been paid off by earnings distributions, and what it's like to be freehold that keeps on paying out profits. I'm a bit away from that but heading in the right direction.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The property equity plays with decent yield are forever investments, they'll be part of my beneficiaries inheritance while I'm enjoying the earnings or reinvesting them while I'm alive. We're in a time now when SP to NTA and earnings vs capital invested for long term yield is improving, it is a once in a decade opportunity for those who have the capital to get invested or accumulate.

Someone might like to share their story about their investment in property equities that has already been paid off by earnings distributions, and what it's like to be freehold that keeps on paying out profits. I'm a bit away from that but heading in the right direction.
    Totally agree...the early post dotcom years, the 2009-2011 years, 2020...all provided outstanding investment opportunities.

re your later item...in 2010 and in 2011 I took part in the acquisition of two private companies, not necessarily LPTs, but keeping it broad, akin to property services or asset management (but both in slightly different areas). I sold them both last year and this year. Over 11 and 12 years, both returned more than +2.5x their invested capital in net cash dividends, together with good capital returns, resulting in annual compounded annual returns of 20% and 28% (net of all transaction costs and taxes). There were the odd year or two where I felt a bit nauseous given their performance (the earliest investment continued to trend down after the first year), and a lot of heartache in the argy bargy of managing a business, but I had a decision to make at that point in time, invest now or never, and I think it more important to be confident you are investing on the bottom half of the cycle, rather than fretting over picking the bottom of the cycle.

Time, plus imputed dividends, plus picking a good business with good management in a good sector, in the bottom half of the cycle....all those things are good individually, but by adding them together they compound and create meaningful long term wealth.
    Last edited by Muse; 28-09-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Guru

Mr B might say that these are Dogs of another breed....

type in ARG NZX and go MAX... count the number of times its hit 117 ... then the number of time its hit 200

the trouble with tech stocks as always been until Apple Iphone nothing much stuck and keep growing...

the world is full of humans who stuff up and that stuffs up what could be a very very good investment.

They are stable stocks that balance the portfolios and support it when all else is going to hell in a hand basket...

if you go over weight after the april 2020 then sold some at1.50 and above as rates started to turn then now or the next 6 months might be a time to pick some more up but weight till after the ugly bear drops a nuke somewhere...

thats the problem at the moment... its a cuban moment.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-09-2022 at 10:45 PM.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Mr B might say that these are Dogs of another breed....

type in ARG NZX and go MAX... count the number of times its hit 117 ... then the number of time its hit 200

the trouble with tech stocks as always been until Apple Iphone nothing much stuck and keep growing...

the world is full of humans who stuff up and that stuffs up what could be a very very good investment.

They are stable stocks that balance the portfolios and support it when all else is going to hell in a hand basket...

if you go over weight after the april 2020 then sold some at1.50 and above as rates started to turn then now or the next 6 months might be a time to pick some more up but weight till after the ugly bear drops a nuke somewhere...

thats the problem at the moment... its a cuban moment.
    Buy low sell high is a good strategy waltzing.... hard to know when high is actually high and will not continue trending up. In a downturn wheres the bottom of the cycle. MA charts and crossovers can give false signals or late signals that miss the move.

Hard for us lesser mortals... I need better hindsight from 2020. That was a good good year
    Last edited by Habits; 29-09-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Buy low sell high is a good strategy waltzing....
    Buy on any week day ending with AY, and never sell is better.

Haha too right FP

Guru

Winner() highlighted the relationships between the 10 Yr and SP.

could still be some more down side coming for long term holders to top up again.

Guru

could see some real kick ass prices here soon as the UK crisis kicks off ...