sharetrader
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 162
  1. #1
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,029

    Default ARG Placement now by CRAIGS @ 88c

    Anyone intimate with ARGOSY comments. They are buying 2 GOvt buildings in Welly.Maybe dont own premium buildings but looks like stable divs. NTA above s/p Debt will drop below 40%.

  2. #2
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,029

    Default

    Have decided not for me, not enough cushion and note most prop stocks dropped away except for ARG. maybe risk off time with folks thinking fiscal cliff solution a done deal etc (honeymoon before the marriage? )and money leaving prop stocks for TEL etc.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Waitakere New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Joshuatree They bought the management contract back from ANZ but still kept the same staff that had been managing it for ANZ. It was not performing before so who would expect it to perform now with the same people managing it only now being paid by ARG instead of ANZ Management needs a BOMB under it IMHO.
    Possum The Cat

  4. #4
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,029

    Default

    thanks for the heads up Possum.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Still, given it is trading at 94c, must be worthwhile for a quick trade.

    December seems to have been a good month for those that can get their hands on placements. I assume Trademe was only institutions as no-one noted they got the call.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Waitakere New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Joshuatree Notice they did not approach all shareholders ( probably get told to go & fornicate with spiders) even cancelled The DRP for the current dividend pay able on 21/12/12
    Possum The Cat

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Poor communication from ARG. 2 properties for 180 million? They haven't mentioned the yield either? I am very confused and sceptical.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    Poor communication from ARG. 2 properties for 180 million? They haven't mentioned the yield either? I am very confused and sceptical.
    There is an attached preso on the nzx announcement. This contains more info than the text release

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Anyone intimate with ARGOSY comments. They are buying 2 GOvt buildings in Welly.Maybe dont own premium buildings but looks like stable divs. NTA above s/p Debt will drop below 40%.
    Proforma NTA is 85.6c. This is below the share price.

  10. #10
    Permanent Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Just got the share purchase plan. No details on the investments as far as I can tell. I own ARG, GMT, PCT & PFI (small holdings but large for me combined). My feeling is negative on property trusts as from my brief look at their financial statements lease income is going down although vacancy rates remain low which might indicate pressure on landlords to bring rents down if the economy is sluggish. My analysis is not indepth and I am happy to be corrected. it could be a sell down of properties. Internet has killed music shops & will probably kill bookshops possibly more as people use the internet more. My kids were showing me what they wanted for xmas and this included clothes from a UK store which I purchased online for the first time. A bloke at tennis buys grips online from overseas as they are cheaper than what he pays in a store in NZ. The change is gradual but it is happening. I think the property trusts have the prime spots so am happy holding for the long term but if inflation and then interest rates rise suddenly then unit prices will suffer.
    In spite of this I will probably partake in the SPP unless someone convinces me otherwise. Possum could you elaborate on ARG mgmts underperformance.
    Last edited by Aaron; 18-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Waitakere New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Aaron see if the Great Gold Guru will talk to you. Why pay to privatise the management of a trust and then keep all the same management staff on the same salaries. Just compare the share price increase or decrease Plus dividend return with say PFI.
    Possum The Cat

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Looked through the "Roadshow" presentation for Feb 2013 - all very interesting. A question though - does anyone understand what the $13M loss on derivatives is all about? This is actually Argosy's biggest expense.

  13. #13
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,231

    Default

    This looks like a busy thread ... well performing companies are probably too boring to talk about?

    Anyway - their chairman seems to have noticed the recent SP drop and bought a handful (well - 100k) more ARG shares:

    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/237950.pdf

    On a different note - I went recently to the Argosy roadshow (hence my interest in the company) and was quite impressed by the presentation given by CEO and CFO: They provided an excellent overview of the commercial property market in New Zealand, outlining the risks and rewards relating to the different sectors within it. I was left with the feeling that this is a very well run investment company, offering steady and predictable returns.

    Quite interesting look as well into the risks and future expectations for the (commercial) property market: What I found interesting is their observation that commercial companies (and government) keep squeezing more and more employees into the same space, resulting in a net reduction of commercial property demand. This in combination with a quite large number of currently ongoing building projects should in their view result in an oversupply of commercial buildings between 2022 and 2026; ARG tries to position itself for this overhang by timing their renewal dates accordingly ... might be interesting to see what the competition is doing.

    Discl: The presentation was convincing enough to get me to put a toe into the water - bought a small parcel at 1.12 ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  14. #14
    Hunting for more dog food Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    17,213

    Default

    You just about gave me a heart attack BP with this thread mine. I thought WTF ?, why would they do a placement at 88 cps with the SP at $1.14 LOL
    I hold and have done for quite some time. Nice "steady eddy" share that's good to have as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Sleep well with this one, unlike some others
    6% average compound growth rate in underlying EPS over the last 5 years impresses me. Internal management also a good business model. You did well to get in at $1.12.
    PIE return is 5.35% at $1.14, forecast divvy 6.1 cps. This is effectively ~ 8% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. As good a place as any to hide from the storms of the investment markets and get a solid return in an ultra low interest rate environment.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-06-2016 at 11:17 AM.

  15. #15
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You just about gave me a heart attack BP with this thread mine. I thought WTF ?, why would they do a placement at 88 cps with the SP at $1.14 LOL
    I hold and have done for quite some time. Nice "steady eddy" share that's good to have as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Sleep well with this one, unlike some others
    6% average compound growth rate in underlying EPS over the last 5 years impresses me. Internal management also a good business model. You did well to get in at $1.12.
    PIE return is 5.35% at $1.14, forecast divvy 6.1 cps. This is effectively ~ 8% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. As good a place as any to hide from the storms of the investment markets and get a solid return in an ultra low interest rate environment.
    Sorry for frightening you ... but this was the only thread I could find specifically on ARG. Yes - 1.12 was a great entry ... actually I even increased my bid slightly to 1.135, but than came this big seller and the broker put everything through at 1.12. How do they say ... life is not fair, but sometimes this is to our advantage.

    Agree with your views on ARG ... this is money I normally would hold in bonds, but hard in today's climate to still find (low risk) bonds with a comparable return.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  16. #16
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,231

    Default

    just another director (Jeffrey Robert Morrison) loading up 88000 shares .... must be a good time to buy?

    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/238039.pdf
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  17. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    This looks like a busy thread ... well performing companies are probably too boring to talk about?

    Anyway - their chairman seems to have noticed the recent SP drop and bought a handful (well - 100k) more ARG shares:

    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/237950.pdf

    On a different note - I went recently to the Argosy roadshow (hence my interest in the company) and was quite impressed by the presentation given by CEO and CFO: They provided an excellent overview of the commercial property market in New Zealand, outlining the risks and rewards relating to the different sectors within it. I was left with the feeling that this is a very well run investment company, offering steady and predictable returns.

    Quite interesting look as well into the risks and future expectations for the (commercial) property market: What I found interesting is their observation that commercial companies (and government) keep squeezing more and more employees into the same space, resulting in a net reduction of commercial property demand. This in combination with a quite large number of currently ongoing building projects should in their view result in an oversupply of commercial buildings between 2022 and 2026; ARG tries to position itself for this overhang by timing their renewal dates accordingly ... might be interesting to see what the competition is doing.

    Discl: The presentation was convincing enough to get me to put a toe into the water - bought a small parcel at 1.12 ...
    They certainly seem to know what they are doing. I always go to their annual presentation, not that I think I'll learn much - just for the afternoon or morning tea.

  18. #18
    Hunting for more dog food Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    17,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    this is money I normally would hold in bonds, but hard in today's climate to still find (low risk) bonds with a comparable return.
    Likewise and agree investment grade corporate bonds on a risk adjusted basis aren't as attractive. Might as well sign up for the dividend reinvestment plan like I have and add another 1% to your returns by virtue of the discount to VWAP price they're issued at. New units issued at $1.1289 isn't too shabby, (not done as well as you did !) compared to $1.15 this morning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-06-2016 at 10:54 AM.

  19. #19
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,231

    Default NZSA event with Peter Mence (CEO Argosy Property) in Dunedin - 27 July, 5.30pm

    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post629415

    Wednesday, 27 July, 5.30pm, ToiTu Otago Settlers Museum;

    This is a late afternoon event with information for share holders about the NZSA

    http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/file...go%20flyer.pdf

    Presentations given by

    Peter Mence (CEO, Argosy Property)
    John Hawkins (National Chairman, NZSA) and
    Alan Clarke (CEO, Hellaby Holdings Ltd)

    If you live in or close to Dunedin (or just happen to be there) - why not pop by and talk with and listen to the CEO of Argosy property and the people for of the New Zealand Share Holder Association - they are an independent voice for retail shareholders (and for many retail investors the only voice they've got) at AGM's and around company boards!

    Plan for roughly 90 minutes. Attendance is free. It would help however (for catering purposes) if you register in advance at http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/

    We hope to see you there ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-07-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  20. #20
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,231

    Default

    ... another $600k to the bottom line as gain from selling non core assets:

    https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARG/announcements/290682

    I guess its not overwhelming news, but much better than a book loss ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •