sharetrader
Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Guru

Absolutely loving this one as sold GMT and PCT profit and rolled heavily into this ....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A lot of elderly people don't like or understand shares. They see an advertisement in the newspaper for syndicated commercial property with a pretty picture and a promise of 6% return paid monthly and they need the income and they compare it to the 2.5% on term deposit available with the bank and they think, property has been good to me and 6% is more than twice the income, that'll do me. Often that's all the thinking that goes into it, which is pretty sad.
    Too true, Beagle. About 35 years ago I talked myself into buying a share in a syndicated shopping centre in Royal Oak. It proved to be too small to be competitive and sank without trace. Lesson learned.

Yeah, sadly its often the promotors that do the best from these small syndicated property deals.

I topped up with some more ARG today. 5.34% net as a PIE fund = 8% gross for taxpayers on a 33% tax rate. Company is confident of its ability to pay that going forward and term deposit rates for one year are now less than 2% at most banks, less tax.

NTA is $1.30 and I think the current price fairly reflects the risk of tenant defaults and support required.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not sure if this is the right place to ask:
    I bought second ARG parcel on 5 June and settled on 9 June. Record date is 10 June. Why am I not entitled to the dividend on this second parcel?

You are entitled to it. Check your dividend statement which you should have by now and if its not correct take the matter up with the registry at computershare.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You are entitled to it. Check your dividend statement which you should have by now and if its not correct take the matter up with the registry at computershare.
    The statement only showed the first parcel. Thank you, I will follow it up with them right away.

Guru

Sometimes the parcels dont get registered. I had this problem recently for KMD and the broker made up the difference due to time frames and the registry. Also some reporting from some brokers no longer have the order no in the reports as we had software that tracked the order no.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 03-07-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Yes thank you, you are right. The broker, Directbroking has paid the dividend instead.

This one solders along quietly, up 4 cents today off the back of news of directors accumulating for the second time this month.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...734/326913.pdf

Guru

i hope so, wonderful term deposit replacement.