sharetrader
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Aaron see if the Great Gold Guru will talk to you. Why pay to privatise the management of a trust and then keep all the same management staff on the same salaries. Just compare the share price increase or decrease Plus dividend return with say PFI.
    Possum The Cat

Looked through the "Roadshow" presentation for Feb 2013 - all very interesting. A question though - does anyone understand what the $13M loss on derivatives is all about? This is actually Argosy's biggest expense.

This looks like a busy thread ... well performing companies are probably too boring to talk about?

Anyway - their chairman seems to have noticed the recent SP drop and bought a handful (well - 100k) more ARG shares:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/237950.pdf

On a different note - I went recently to the Argosy roadshow (hence my interest in the company) and was quite impressed by the presentation given by CEO and CFO: They provided an excellent overview of the commercial property market in New Zealand, outlining the risks and rewards relating to the different sectors within it. I was left with the feeling that this is a very well run investment company, offering steady and predictable returns.

Quite interesting look as well into the risks and future expectations for the (commercial) property market: What I found interesting is their observation that commercial companies (and government) keep squeezing more and more employees into the same space, resulting in a net reduction of commercial property demand. This in combination with a quite large number of currently ongoing building projects should in their view result in an oversupply of commercial buildings between 2022 and 2026; ARG tries to position itself for this overhang by timing their renewal dates accordingly ... might be interesting to see what the competition is doing.

Discl: The presentation was convincing enough to get me to put a toe into the water - bought a small parcel at 1.12 ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

You just about gave me a heart attack BP with this thread mine. I thought WTF ?, why would they do a placement at 88 cps with the SP at $1.14 LOL
    I hold and have done for quite some time. Nice "steady eddy" share that's good to have as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Sleep well with this one, unlike some others
    6% average compound growth rate in underlying EPS over the last 5 years impresses me. Internal management also a good business model. You did well to get in at $1.12.
    PIE return is 5.35% at $1.14, forecast divvy 6.1 cps. This is effectively ~ 8% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. As good a place as any to hide from the storms of the investment markets and get a solid return in an ultra low interest rate environment.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-06-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You just about gave me a heart attack BP with this thread mine. I thought WTF ?, why would they do a placement at 88 cps with the SP at $1.14 LOL
    I hold and have done for quite some time. Nice "steady eddy" share that's good to have as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Sleep well with this one, unlike some others
    6% average compound growth rate in underlying EPS over the last 5 years impresses me. Internal management also a good business model. You did well to get in at $1.12.
    PIE return is 5.35% at $1.14, forecast divvy 6.1 cps. This is effectively ~ 8% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. As good a place as any to hide from the storms of the investment markets and get a solid return in an ultra low interest rate environment.
    Sorry for frightening you ... but this was the only thread I could find specifically on ARG. Yes - 1.12 was a great entry ... actually I even increased my bid slightly to 1.135, but than came this big seller and the broker put everything through at 1.12. How do they say ... life is not fair, but sometimes this is to our advantage.

Agree with your views on ARG ... this is money I normally would hold in bonds, but hard in today's climate to still find (low risk) bonds with a comparable return.
    ----

just another director (Jeffrey Robert Morrison) loading up 88000 shares .... must be a good time to buy?

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/238039.pdf
    ----

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    This looks like a busy thread ... well performing companies are probably too boring to talk about?

Anyway - their chairman seems to have noticed the recent SP drop and bought a handful (well - 100k) more ARG shares:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/237950.pdf

On a different note - I went recently to the Argosy roadshow (hence my interest in the company) and was quite impressed by the presentation given by CEO and CFO: They provided an excellent overview of the commercial property market in New Zealand, outlining the risks and rewards relating to the different sectors within it. I was left with the feeling that this is a very well run investment company, offering steady and predictable returns.

Quite interesting look as well into the risks and future expectations for the (commercial) property market: What I found interesting is their observation that commercial companies (and government) keep squeezing more and more employees into the same space, resulting in a net reduction of commercial property demand. This in combination with a quite large number of currently ongoing building projects should in their view result in an oversupply of commercial buildings between 2022 and 2026; ARG tries to position itself for this overhang by timing their renewal dates accordingly ... might be interesting to see what the competition is doing.

Discl: The presentation was convincing enough to get me to put a toe into the water - bought a small parcel at 1.12 ...
    They certainly seem to know what they are doing. I always go to their annual presentation, not that I think I'll learn much - just for the afternoon or morning tea.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    this is money I normally would hold in bonds, but hard in today's climate to still find (low risk) bonds with a comparable return.
    Likewise and agree investment grade corporate bonds on a risk adjusted basis aren't as attractive. Might as well sign up for the dividend reinvestment plan like I have and add another 1% to your returns by virtue of the discount to VWAP price they're issued at. New units issued at $1.1289 isn't too shabby, (not done as well as you did !) compared to $1.15 this morning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-06-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Default NZSA event with Peter Mence (CEO Argosy Property) in Dunedin - 27 July, 5.30pm

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post629415

Wednesday, 27 July, 5.30pm, ToiTu Otago Settlers Museum;

This is a late afternoon event with information for share holders about the NZSA

http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/file...go%20flyer.pdf

Presentations given by

Peter Mence (CEO, Argosy Property)
    John Hawkins (National Chairman, NZSA) and
    Alan Clarke (CEO, Hellaby Holdings Ltd)

If you live in or close to Dunedin (or just happen to be there) - why not pop by and talk with and listen to the CEO of Argosy property and the people for of the New Zealand Share Holder Association - they are an independent voice for retail shareholders (and for many retail investors the only voice they've got) at AGM's and around company boards!

Plan for roughly 90 minutes. Attendance is free. It would help however (for catering purposes) if you register in advance at http://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/

We hope to see you there ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-07-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    ----

... another $600k to the bottom line as gain from selling non core assets:

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARG/announcements/290682

I guess its not overwhelming news, but much better than a book loss ...
    ----