sharetrader
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...358/322800.pdf

Very pleased they are able to maintain their dividend for FY21. That's a rare thing these days and underscores the resilience of their business.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    I assume this is the right place for Argosy stuff...

Pretty handy result and divvy. Of course I sold my shares earlier in the week :-/

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/353358
    I might have bought yours!
    Grabbed a few on Monday... Held these a few years ago and probably wished I held on to them.
    Back in now and will quietly park them in the bottom drawer.. Will grab some more on any price weakness over the next year or so.
    Sometimes the companies that are a little boring and fly under the radar are the way to go!

Banned

Did not buy enough......was afraid they would capital raise....but we'll...happy holder ..not be greedy

Guru

Took all profits and GGT and PCT and rolled them into ARG. we will see later in few years if it was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    I might have bought yours!
    Grabbed a few on Monday... Held these a few years ago and probably wished I held on to them.
    Back in now and will quietly park them in the bottom drawer.. Will grab some more on any price weakness over the next year or so.
    Sometimes the companies that are a little boring and fly under the radar are the way to go!
    +1, agree 100%. Boring and reasonably predictable is great in these highly uncertain times ! At $1.11 and 6.35 cps annual divvy that's a 5.72% PIE exempt net yield = 8.54% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. What's not to like.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Been buying a position for the last month for an Ave buy price of 96c. Pleasing result

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Been buying a position for the last month for an Ave buy price of 96c. Pleasing result
    Well done, my average buy price is slightly higher at $1.016. Got slightly caught out in late April when I bought a bit high but overall still happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    +1, agree 100%. Boring and reasonably predictable is great in these highly uncertain times ! At $1.11 and 6.35 cps annual divvy that's a 5.72% PIE exempt net yield = 8.54% gross for those on a 33% tax rate. What's not to like.
    I notice recent syndicate ads tout returns of under 6% recently. It would be an interesting call to invest in a single second rate asset with no exit strategy and weaker legislation (eg reporting) cover when you can buy into ARG for over 8% with better risk spread, governance and and liquidity. Perhaps the monthly payout is enough to lure people in...

They looked relatively attractive a few months ago, not now though the listed property companies are trading at such a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    I notice recent syndicate ads tout returns of under 6% recently. It would be an interesting call to invest in a single second rate asset with no exit strategy and weaker legislation (eg reporting) cover when you can buy into ARG for over 8% with better risk spread, governance and and liquidity. Perhaps the monthly payout is enough to lure people in...
    A lot of elderly people don't like or understand shares. They see an advertisement in the newspaper for syndicated commercial property with a pretty picture and a promise of 6% return paid monthly and they need the income and they compare it to the 2.5% on term deposit available with the bank and they think, property has been good to me and 6% is more than twice the income, that'll do me. Often that's all the thinking that goes into it, which is pretty sad.