sharetrader
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

My view Snoopy is that interest rates will remain at or very close to record lows for the foreseeable future. Even if capitalisation rates do rise a bit if won't affect the level of increasing dividends ARG is able to pay.

Not sure if I posted a link to their investor presentation held late last month but here it is for anyone interested http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...989/289413.pdf
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default Building Momentum

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327068

Looks rock solid as expected and NTA now $1.17, (I predicted at least $1.15).
    EPS growth exceeded my expectations and progress on the former N.Z. Post building in Wellington looks okay.
    Trades cum a 1.56 cps tax free dividend next month (PIE distribution)
    Compelling value at 7 cps below NTA in my opinion.
    P.S. Gains on recent non core asset sales are to be included in 2H results adding close to another 1 cent per share to NTA so really its trading at an 8 cps discount to NTA based on yesterday's closing price of $1.10.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

interesting to see they have 2 year indemnity period for their business interruption insurance. Someone learned something from the Canterbury sequence. Longer indemnity periods can be expensive but it will be paying off on this occasion.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Positive movements in a tough market. Take them where you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327068

Looks rock solid as expected and NTA now $1.17, (I predicted at least $1.15).
    EPS growth exceeded my expectations and progress on the former N.Z. Post building in Wellington looks okay.
    Trades cum a 1.56 cps tax free dividend next month (PIE distribution)
    Compelling value at 7 cps below NTA in my opinion.
    P.S. Gains on recent non core asset sales are to be included in 2H results adding close to another 1 cent per share to NTA so really its trading at an 8 cps discount to NTA based on yesterday's closing price of $1.10.
    Up to 1.30 now with few sellers. I decided to buy in due to the Divies and it seems to be on a steady increase after a slow year last year . It,s been a bit quiet on ST...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Up to 1.30 now with few sellers. I decided to buy in due to the Divies and it seems to be on a steady increase after a slow year last year . It,s been a bit quiet on ST...
    Good buying in March last year at $1 ;

Not sure where the rise will end, but at the moment I am just enjoying the ride. Backward PE is close to 12.5 (i.e. you could argue - fairly valued) and forward PE a bit difficult to assess (with all this hype around property crashes), but at this stage the (fully imputed) dividend yield is still better than the return of most bonds would be ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good buying in March last year at $1 ;

Not sure where the rise will end, but at the moment I am just enjoying the ride. Backward PE is close to 12.5 (i.e. you could argue - fairly valued) and forward PE a bit difficult to assess (with all this hype around property crashes), but at this stage the (fully imputed) dividend yield is still better than the return of most bonds would be ...
    Have to say ARG and GMT have been a couple of my best performers with both dividends and capital gains in the last few years. Wish I had bought more of these 'boring' shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Very pleased with how this really "boring" stock has been going. Happy holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very pleased with how this really "boring" stock has been going. Happy holder.
    Man from Forsyth Barr said on the radio this morning now might be a good time to lock in the wealth that’s has been created from property companies (wasn’t really paying too much attention but I think he said they were becoming more ‘riskier’ and the futures gains v risk didn’t stack up)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thanks mate but I stopped listening to anything Forsyth Barr had to say many years ago.