sharetrader
Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203
Results 2,021 to 2,027 of 2027

Its just capitalism, people making money. Don't see what the big fuss is all about.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Its just capitalism, people making money. Don't see what the big fuss is all about.
    You might feel differently if you had forked out $1.85 per share in the IPO. I didn't, but I was appalled at how the brokers hustled and got the IPO away at that ridiculous price, to be very quickly followed by the pay-out and exit of the founders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You might feel differently if you had forked out $1.85 per share in the IPO. I didn't, but I was appalled at how the brokers hustled and got the IPO away at that ridiculous price, to be very quickly followed by the pay-out and exit of the founders.
    No one forced you to by at the $1.85 IPO price. Like with any capital acquisition, you need to do your own research.

If there was something illegal, or the IPO documents were misleading, well then that is a different story.

Agree, the hustle on this one was intense. Our friend "who called Nadia the fluff" does have a point (not the fluff bit) that this IPO was all gloss and no substance. That said, any IPO that is all gloss, rings alarm bells for me.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No one forced you to by at the $1.85 IPO price. Like with any capital acquisition, you need to do your own research.

If there was something illegal, or the IPO documents were misleading, well then that is a different story.

Agree, the hustle on this one was intense. Our friend "who called Nadia the fluff" does have a point (not the fluff bit) that this IPO was all gloss and no substance. That said, any IPO that is all gloss, rings alarm bells for me.
    I DID NOT buy the IPO, I did my research and quickly came to the conclusion that it was amped to the max and was simply the founders payout exit strategy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I DID NOT buy the IPO, I did my research and quickly came to the conclusion that it was amped to the max and was simply the founders payout exit strategy.
    I know YOU didn't, you said that in your earlier post. I should have been more clear. My "you" was a generic for everyone. Cheers.

I guess we all knew from the get go this IPO was all gloss. The SP fell from the first day( that’s a record of sorts). What I am focusing is whether the price now worth the punt? It’s still a profitable business and making about 5-6M a year in NPAT. If there are able keep dividends aside,pay of some of their debt and keep increasing their customer base… i thinks it’s game on… EOTD they are into food business albeit for a premium market.. but still everyone needs to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    THey are founder friendly, only in so much that new shareholders accept the "BS" of the IPO. If new shareholders did DD and did not purchase any IPO shares then these IPO's would have to lower their entry point. I guess its the gullible, and brokers willing to flog off to the gullible that allow for this to happen.

Back in 4th form economics we were taught "Caveat Emptor". I guess that is not taught at schools anymore?
    Back in 5th form and beyond I was taught Fair Trading Act and Listing Rules too.