sharetrader

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Exactly, possible shareholders will look at the prices and go CHA-CHING! Possible buyers will look at prices and quickly pass on to the grocery store. SP would rocket then crash. This business has failure written all over it, would never invest (if it ever gets to IPO).
    Looking at the prices, a very limited target market in NZ - those rich enough to afford but not time sensitive enough that they have time to cook 5 nights a week. If it was the US, it would be a flyer (not big enough for IPO though), but in NZ, i'm not sure. If they did prepacked gourment heat and eat that actually looked and tasted gourmet, then it would have a bigger market in NZ (though again, not big enough for IPO).

It could be a nice little niche business but dont expect it to get big.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Looking at the prices, a very limited target market in NZ - those rich enough to afford but not time sensitive enough that they have time to cook 5 nights a week. If it was the US, it would be a flyer (not big enough for IPO though), but in NZ, i'm not sure. If they did prepacked gourment heat and eat that actually looked and tasted gourmet, then it would have a bigger market in NZ (though again, not big enough for IPO). It could be a nice little niche business but dont expect it to get big.
    I agree. If folk still have to store stuff, cook it, clean up after - what they are gaining is shopping time, thinking-about-what-to-buy-and-cook time. Pricey but not too bad compared to ready-to-heat good quality meals in the supermarket. Web site is still fairly basic (compare it to eat.co.nz site which does ready-to-heat kiwi-style meals).