sharetrader
Page 103 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2027
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Criticize the company by all means, but leave the misogynistic, sexualisation of Nadia Lim, out of it. You would not do this if she were a man.
    It's well known that sex sells, so who believes Nadia and prospectus çrew were not thinking that when the photos were posed?
    There is no shame in being Eurasian, a bona-fide racial description, so those who react to that are showing their own prejudice and short comings.
    As for a bit of fluff, well that can be dusted off.

I have to be honest and say some of you who Posted on here yesterday showed a complete lack of class. It was almost that you agreed with he was saying. Yes as an investment community you only care about your investments but his comments were full of Ignorance and Arrogance and frankly totally unacceptable with the world we live in today. I wonder if Nadia was your daughter what your response would be?

The guy is completely out of touch to make those comments, no question.
    The real issue is the way that the promotors extolled naïve customers to "tuck in" implying there was a great feed to be had.
    Another sub issue is the whole issue of celebrity endorsement. I didn't read all the promotional material surrounding the float because it was clear to me that the figures were, lets just say "dressed up" but when you involve celebrities' and yes I think Nadia is a type of celebrity they do have influence and its not just a female thing.

Who here is old enough to remember Richard Long promoting Hanover Finance with the advertisements of "the strength to withstand any financial conditions" ? Rightly or wrongly gullible naïve investors trust celebrities and that's a conversation worth having because they do wield influence.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-05-2022 at 10:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    It's well known that sex sells, so who believes Nadia and prospectus çrew were not thinking that when the photos were posed?
    There is no shame in being Eurasian, a bona-fide racial description, so those who react to that are showing their own prejudice and short comings.
    Nadia herself found the Euroasian Fluff comment offensive in the context in which it was used.

To the general public Nadia is the “face” of MFB. She won Masterchef NZ before Co-founding MFB. She is a high profile figure. It seems completely appropriate to have a photo of her in their prospectus. I see nothing sexual about it.

Having meet Nadia she comes across as a genuinely down to earth, friendly, warmly engaging person.
    Last edited by RupertBear; 06-05-2022 at 10:44 AM. Reason: To clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Simon Whimp needs either his eyes checked or his brain checked :

I believe it's very very clear to most of us what he needs to get checked.

The sooner the better for the sake of DGL shareholders.

i see its fluff friday so says hillary barry

Posting to Twitter, the Seven Sharp presented said: "Is anyone else keen to embrace #flufffriday today?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...SAZ7FFXW3QXXQ/

well i could look at hillary all day
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Simon Whimp needs either his eyes checked or his brain checked :

I believe it's very very clear to most of us what he needs to get checked.

The sooner the better for the sake of DGL shareholders.
    Becoming very very very clear Simon Whimp needs his brain checked and for the sake of DGL's shareholders, better be soon :

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OMG …a 52 year incessantly contacting a 21 year-old and asking her to stay with him

It’s getting worse

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/06...-lose-far-more
    "The deeply unpleasant thing is that this is not an isolated incident for Henry. Less than a year ago the NBR’s Tim Hunter published a sickening story regarding a long-term campaign of harassment toward a woman they identified as Jane.

After a chance meeting in a hotel, he asked her manager for her email, and began a relentless conversation with her, in which she was an occasional and largely disinterested participant. After asking her to marry him and talking about a “random” encounter with a photograph of her mother – who does not share Jane’s name – she eventually asked him explicitly to stop contacting her.

He responded by calling her “unwell”. Clearly shaken by the escalating pattern, she told Hunter “I felt disgusting. I felt dirty, I felt tainted.” When the content of the emails was put to Henry, he told Hunter he thought she was “a nutter”.

Legend

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...-might-recover

Interesting Article on STUFF

For the record Nadia Lim will always look far more attractive (and will always have better cleevage)
    than the inappropriate unfortunate Chemical Waste disposal fellow, Henry could ever hope to muster

Why not stick to what you just may hopefully be somewhat good at - Mr Henry .. if that's not too difficult ?

That way you don't risk incensing up to half or probably more of the general population with your inept inappropriate spoutings

Some good comments by posters on the article too

The following particularly on the float & IPO:

The IPO seems to have been a "pump and dump" exercise.

The language used by Simon Henry to criticise MyFoodBag was absolutely inappropriate and he should apologise.

The MyFoodBag shares have declined spectacularly since IPO losing half of their value. The vendors Nadia Lim, Theresa Gattung and Cecilia Robinson have not shared this pain. Following the IPO the majority of the funds paid by investors were transferred out of MyFoodBag to the vendors.

This is a red flag warning that the vendors have no confidence that the company will perform well and increase in value.

This raises very serious questions as to whether the company was an over-hyped puff pastry sold on the back of celebrity endorsement.

In my view the MyFoodBag IPO should be subject to formal investigation by the Financial Markets Authority and the Serious Fraud Office that spans the actions of the vendors and the companies such as Forsyth Barr that were involved in the IPO.

Time for a well resourced CLASS ACTION to start chasing the promoters and Vendors of the MFB
    Offer on behalf of all those who have subsequently lost out of having been sold a hyped up venture ?

Perhaps the grandstanding Mr HENRY should stump up all of the Costs for this formality, seeing as he has taken it on himself to open his trap in a most inappropriate way to do further damage to MFB ?

Nothing like seeing the waste & disposal being put to good meaningful use

Discl: Not a holder, Not a MFB Customer either
    Last edited by nztx; 06-05-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Well I didn't think that being Eurasian, or attractive picture of Nadia Lim would have coerced me to buy into MFB. Maybe some were. She doesn't strike me from my little knowledge of her, to be a hard nosed, unscrupulous business woman. But I do believe she was somewhat manipulated, perhaps a little naively to take part and get involved in the IPO, and the resultant trading of shares by insiders.

I don't think I've heard the term "A bit of fluff" since the 1970's. Maybe it's an expression that rich listers Simon Henry and *** ****** use when talking about Asian women.

Looks like his comments haven't gone too well for him financially https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...a-lim-comments
    Last edited by Poolboy; 06-05-2022 at 04:57 PM.