sharetrader
Page 11 of 200 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed...watch for the usual talk about expanding overseas like Tegal have so successfully done lol
    Already been to Australia ...exited not that long ago ‘to focus on the NZ market’

Must have been an expensive exercise
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Watch for huge forecasted growth into Chatham and Stewart Islands then (bad dog... back into your kennel)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

You read it here first:

"As a market leader in New Zealand, My FoodBag is well positioned to take advantage of market growth(population driven growth and increasing per capita consumption).In addition, MyFoodBag will seek to leverage its brand strength, marketing investment, and capabilities in new product development to maintain or grow it smarket share.

MyFoodBag continues to leverage its established relationships with customers, driving growth through innovation and marketing programmes to deliver additional export sales growth in existing export markets.In addition, MyFoodBag continues to work with new potential customers and is seeking to diversify its sales channels in existing markets and enter new international markets.

MyFoodBag continues to innovate in the value added space to increase revenue in this segment. MyFoodBag will continue to develop new, bespoke, products with its customers to grow value added product sales.

My FoodBag manages its ingredient costs through a combination of commodity and currency hedging and active raw material ingredient sourcing strategies.My FoodBag seeks to be one of the lowest cost producers of in-home food globally and continually implements initiatives to reduce costs and improve efficiency across its operations."
    Last edited by minimoke; 10-04-2018 at 01:05 PM.

I might live on the wrong side of the tracks or similar because i don't know of anybody who partakes in what MY FOOD BAG offers.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    I might live on the wrong side of the tracks or similar because i don't know of anybody who partakes in what MY FOOD BAG offers.
    Same here. Our family and none among my friends, mostly asians though, are on their FOOD BAG offers. So when it happens, I'll be one of those disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You read it here first:

"As a market leader in New Zealand, My FoodBag is well positioned to take advantage of market growth(population driven growth and increasing per capita consumption).In addition, MyFoodBag will seek to leverage its brand strength, marketing investment, and capabilities in new product development to maintain or grow it smarket share.

MyFoodBag continues to leverage its established relationships with customers, driving growth through innovation and marketing programmes to deliver additional export sales growth in existing export markets.In addition, MyFoodBag continues to work with new potential customers and is seeking to diversify its sales channels in existing markets and enter new international markets.

MyFoodBag continues to innovate in the value added space to increase revenue in this segment. MyFoodBag will continue to develop new, bespoke, products with its customers to grow value added product sales.

My FoodBag manages its ingredient costs through a combination of commodity and currency hedging and active raw material ingredient sourcing strategies.My FoodBag seeks to be one of the lowest cost producers of in-home food globally and continually implements initiatives to reduce costs and improve efficiency across its operations."
    I have a bad case of Deja vu and am feeling nauseous...Do they give you a free sick bag with my food bag promotional material
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

Never understood it myself, are people attracted to them being delivered at home or are people just lazy to get a recipe and pick the items they require. Its what I have always wondered, whats stops Countdown setting up an aisle with all the recipes for people to just grab a packed meal solution. 10x different meals all in one aisle, just pick n go or better get deliver. Anyways I love food shopping so dont see myself or family using the service.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Never understood it myself, are people attracted to them being delivered at home or are people just lazy to get a recipe and pick the items they require. Its what I have always wondered, whats stops Countdown setting up an aisle with all the recipes for people to just grab a packed meal solution. 10x different meals all in one aisle, just pick n go or better get deliver. Anyways I love food shopping so dont see myself or family using the service.
    I've seen exactly that sort of thing at PaknSave, prepackaged food kits etc. Always struck me as a lot more expensive than just buying the ingredients separately, but I can see the convenience. Really there's a very low cost of entry to this sort of thing and there are competitors like World on our Plate or Jess Underground Kitchen if you can't be bothered even doing the cooking. I can see either Foodstuffs or Progressives making a push in this space and combining it with their online supermarket shopping offering.

I subscribed to the "classic" option for 2 weeks. My opinion is likely tainted by the lamb they sent me which smelt like it had been dragged through a sewer - and they also ignored my request for a refund!

Other than the above I found the meals to be pretty basic ...it worked out to be about $30 for 300g of beef rump (or other cheap protein cut) and a few salad/vegetables per meal. Allegedly portioned for 2 people - maybe I am greedy but id say enough for 1.5 people for an evening meal.

And as it only provides 4 or your 21 meals per week it didn't feel overly convenient as a supermarket trip is still required (and you can pick up 4 meats and veges during the same trip for about half the price).

I didn't get the impression it would have any long term appeal. Although some people obviously enjoy it (maybe they received better lamb!).

I have friends that use it. They love it, but they are yuppies, on big salaries so like supper convenient things. You get a weeks worth of food or so many meals. By the sounds of it, no recipe is the same, they have a huge folder with recipes in it. Most of the recipes use out of the norm ingredients, which is all in the box, but she said to replicate it would not be easy, as most people wouldn't carry those in ingredient in their pantry. I thought it was quite expensive also. So surely there is only a certain part of the market that would subscribe.