sharetrader
Page 13 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    ...I'm in two minds about what to do if they list... I absolutely love their product and will continue to support them because it suits my lifestyle.... but from an investment perspective, I'm not sure what the future returns are likely to be. Has it already peaked?
    Agree Blendy. And enjoyed you description of MFB in your household. I am a semi regular user, find it especially useful when there are people staying. Easy. Last lot were vegetarian which is a bit challenging for me, so veggie bag was simple. And recipes lend themselves to helpers in the kitchen.

Lets hope MFB doesn't perform as well as similar businesses overseas have on IPO: https://www.recode.net/2017/11/13/16...rming-ipo-2017

All this talk about food and yet somehow i would prefer baked beans on toast.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    [snip] ... Wrt the last sentence fortunately investors can decide on investments without having to personally experience them.
    Agree with that, current discussion seems more interested in whether they'd buy the product than whether the company is a good investment. All this anecdotal experience is interesting but not helpful in making an investment decision. There's plenty of companies that one can invest in that one chooses not or cannot to be a customer of.

I know a few people at my workplace who use MFB and swear by it. Mostly, young, busy and health conscious fits the profile. I think the people that get into it really have to love it, and they are really doing well to pull at idealistic peoples heartstrings. The whole angle with Nadia Lim as well has a cult following by the sounds of my co-workers.

To me I thought the meals were overpriced. The portion sizes aren't great by the looks of their meals and I feel as though I could buy and cook better but like I said about idealists.

The subscription model is the way to go, I mean who doesn't like a recurring revenue stream but I'm just not sure how they scale this model out, you really have to buy into it. Also not sure what their margin would be in NZ just based on how difficult logistics is. For me, that is what stops me from buying into it if it does go listed. My cynicism wouldn't let me.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I know a few people at my workplace who use MFB and swear by it. Mostly, young, busy and health conscious fits the profile. I think the people that get into it really have to love it, and they are really doing well to pull at idealistic peoples heartstrings. The whole angle with Nadia Lim as well has a cult following by the sounds of my co-workers.

To me I thought the meals were overpriced. The portion sizes aren't great by the looks of their meals and I feel as though I could buy and cook better but like I said about idealists.

The subscription model is the way to go, I mean who doesn't like a recurring revenue stream but I'm just not sure how they scale this model out, you really have to buy into it. Also not sure what their margin would be in NZ just based on how difficult logistics is. For me, that is what stops me from buying into it if it does go listed. My cynicism wouldn't let me.
    Yea mate no margin on food in NZ , all those Pak n Save & New World owners are really struggling

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Yea mate no margin on food in NZ , all those Pak n Save & New World owners are really struggling
    Mrs Raz was an early adopter, the cuts of meat were never great quality although we had fun preparing with our daughter when she was young. They limited the variety back then and we did get bored of the offerings. I suspect from what i know urber eats is starting to eat their market share..its it fast growth and big. All our friends that were MFB now mix it up with uber eats and I know some larger take aways and restaurants where evening turnover is made up of over 30% uber eats...they are are serious competitor to all in this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Agree with that, current discussion seems more interested in whether they'd buy the product than whether the company is a good investment. All this anecdotal experience is interesting but not helpful in making an investment decision. There's plenty of companies that one can invest in that one chooses not or cannot to be a customer of.
    Well not much is really known about financials and fundamentals, but I will never go anywhere near anything that Theresa Gattung has had anything to do with....

Guru

Could well be an IPO where those who 'love the product so much, buy the company'.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Well not much is really known about financials and fundamentals, but I will never go anywhere near anything that Theresa Gattung has had anything to do with....
    Reportedly not profitable just a couple of years ago but pro-forma financials can be quite beautiful in glossy brochures.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”