sharetrader
Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

I signed up to My Food Bag about 3 weeks ago to see what it is like... I had not really bothered before since I live by a fancy supermarket and go there daily. But after hearing so many good things, I thought I'd test it out for a week, and I've discovered it's pretty life changing! The time I'm saving from supermarket shopping and grouchily thinking about what to buy and cook in a hurry is amazing - and the food included is actually good quality (eg all free range, organic meat and other products, and fancy brands of things, particularly NZ boutique brands) and really interesting and delicious recipes that I normally wouldn't have bothered preparing.

I was curious about how the pricing would compare to the supermarket, and I'm yet to do an actual comparison (taking my food list to Countdown and calculating it out properly), but I estimate that I would not be able to buy the same products for the same price (ie I'm getting a great deal).

I see they have nearly 7000 Likes on Facebook, so I presume you probably wouldn't bother Liking it unless you were a customer. Seems to be a clever business model anyway. Not sure about an IPO though!!

Legend

What I'm wondering is - if I signed up for My Food Bag, would it get me off the hook for Friday night cooking (read, Fish'nChips)? Does the food last until Friday if it's delivered on Sunday or Monday only? I guess I could swap a night.. I note the website carefully avoids spelling out the recipes.

If you and your friend are being chased by rabid free-range sheep, don't worry about out-running the sheep, just worry about cooking dinner.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.

I report back next week
    W69 committed to this 3 weeks ago.

swallow and report!

Legend

Would that be a mixed bag of metaphors Xerof?

“I conclude that the city’s proposal to skim the frosting, pocket the cake, and avoid paying the fair, reasonable, and affordable value of the meal is a hound that will not hunt."
    (a labour arbitrator, quoted by the Boston Globe, May 8, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    What I'm wondering is - if I signed up for My Food Bag, would it get me off the hook for Friday night cooking (read, Fish'nChips)? Does the food last until Friday if it's delivered on Sunday or Monday only? I guess I could swap a night..
    Yeah, you can make the meals any night you want (unless you particularly feel the need to Instagram the same meal as other people on the specified night!), and the food lasts all week - some of the meat I put in the freezer for a few days just in case.

Is this thread a bit off topic in this forum?

Back to my exciting Saturday night activity of working on a finance assignment comparing RYM and MET.

"she a very clever woman some say".
    (Winner69 about Theresa Gattung).
    Wrong. She majored in Pol Sci, the easiest degree to get at Uni. She proved she's an idiot at TEL by deliberately taking on the Gov't in the belief it would back down to her. Disastrously wrong for TEL shareholders. She invested her golden parachute in gold. Idiot, look how gold prices have been going.
    She deliberately chose not to have children. Weirdo. One day she'll be sitting alone in a rest home wondering where her life went and why other rest homers have lots of visitors....
    I think you should leave TG out of your analysis in deciding whether to invest in Food Bag.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy The lonely, grumpy old man in the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    ...One day she'll be sitting alone in a rest home wondering where her life went and why other rest homers have lots of visitors....
    Maybe she will be so lonely that she would be willing to keep you company, Major.

Best Wishes
    paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

FYI, I price checked my entire Food Bag on the Countdown website, and it would have cost about $200 + delivery + recipe inspiration + time

(also, Moosie, good call!)

Well we have been very fortunate in having 4 bright healthy well adjusted kids who have all married and had kids and they all honour and love us and birthdays and family occasions are really wonderful. Compared to the rewards of that, money is irrelevant.
    My grandfather lived at home to 102 in good health (3 mile walk every day) - no rest home. I aim to emulate that :-)