sharetrader
Page 4 of 199 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Guru

Back to the actual topic, a story on a similar company overseas : http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/30/roc...es-on-the-u-s/
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I use to think like that moosie but the simple fact is IMHO if you don't get to raise a child( even if it is not your own) you have missed out on one of the most rewarding pleasure's you can could ever imagine.
    I feel sorry for anyone who does not get to experience the up's and downs (lots of both) but kids are a wonderful experience and unlike a Porsche I would not trade mine for all the money in the world and that just about says it all cause I really love money
    I hate to jump on the bandwagon and I know its not everybody's choice to have kids but.......I have to agree with Snapiti. I wasn't really the kid type but had them (well wife actually) because it was kind of expected. Like a switch got thrown. Kinda wondered what I had been doing before then.....and I was a Porsche owner (Supercharged 996 cab, 20' wheels, 6 speed manual). Now I just think about the wasted capital that could have been invested and keeping me out of gainful employment and giving me more time with Kids, surfing etc. Luckily I got most of it back when I sold it.

Revenues of $30m and 10,000 subscribers (customers) and expansion into Australia

Just ripe for an IPO I reckon

The way things are being valued could be worth $100m

Article in BRW in Australia
    http://www.brw.com.au/p/entrepreneur...7bKBAcvUiZ48JP

And the Major can have a look because there is a photo of his beloved Theresa

IMO

winner you never reported back re your food bag experience?.Did something go disastrously wrong like you forgot to read the instructions and you blew the bag up and popped it (over the ceiling)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Revenues of $30m and 10,000 subscribers (customers) and expansion into Australia

Just ripe for an IPO I reckon

The way things are being valued could be worth $100m

Article in BRW in Australia
    http://www.brw.com.au/p/entrepreneur...7bKBAcvUiZ48JP

You issued the key quote ;

All food businesses are “notoriously low margin” so the company’s aim is to grow quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    You issued the key quote

All food businesses are “notoriously low margin” so the company’s aim is to grow quickly;
    From what I gather still not profitable .... but that not necessary a hindrance these days is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    winner you never reported back re your food bag experience?.Did something go disastrously wrong like you forgot to read the instructions and you blew the bag up and popped it (over the ceiling)
    I gave it 2 weeks to start. Good meals and something different and saved looking through the recipe book for inspiration. Is pretty expensive and not that much cheaper than going out for a meal

However like Moosie said buying your own produce can be fun as well.

Not their target market any more with time to do the cooking if the urge is there

The kids gave me another week of deliveries for a present. Nice meals that week

I can see how the busy Auckland yuppies are into this in a big way

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Think I would prefer Nadia to Theresa......

I know people who love this service. I work in the industry and am amazed at how many use this pricey option. Imitators will enter the market and foodies are a fickle bunch.......always looking for the next new thing.

I know a family of 4 (2 children eldest around 10) who use this, have said saves time ( as both working) and there is food left over so only get it once a fortnight and do a small top up at the supermarket and it is not costing them anymore than usual plus they get "free" recipes to boot.
    Admit it is a bit expensive otherwise.

If they can get it going in Aus, then there should be enough numbers to make a good return