sharetrader
Page 52 of 200 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

A feast, to a famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    A feast, to a famine.
    The stags who gathered were all slaughtered and rendered into venison.

Stags were efficiently and superbly gathered and shot by Jarden, Craig & Forbar with prime cuts reserved for the principals and unit holders of Waterman.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-03-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Sounds like its time to let the cat out of the bag!
    Is that the dead cat bounce you are referring to?

Advanced Member

I know there will be some fat cats, and watermelons rolling in dough, who will be licking the cream off their whiskers at the moment
    Last edited by Getty; 11-03-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Hey Winner - Another thread title change is needed. Most appropriate is "My Vomit Bag"
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Winner - Another thread title change is needed. Most appropriate is "My Vomit Bag"
    Vince mightn’t like that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

For what it's worth I remember Barramundi IPOd at $1 in 2006 and from memory it progressively drifted south from day one and if I'm correct it has never regained par at $1. Of course it has provided regular dividends which has compensated for lack of capital growth. It's still well regarded on this forum by some, and I hold. It has been suggested frequently that these divs actually came from investors own pockets by way of regular warrant issues pumping cash in.
    My point is that if MFB may never be a capital-gainer either in which case dividends over time may be the only compensation, assuming it makes profits. But holders should watch out for future schemes requesting additional cash for growth when infact the cash simply funds dividends. It is a 'thing' as they say..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    For what it's worth I remember Barramundi IPOd at $1 in 2006 and from memory it progressively drifted south from day one and if I'm correct it has never regained par at $1. Of course it has provided regular dividends which has compensated for lack of capital growth. It's still well regarded on this forum by some, and I hold. It has been suggested frequently that these divs actually came from investors own pockets by way of regular warrant issues pumping cash in.
    My point is that if MFB may never be a capital-gainer either in which case dividends over time may be the only compensation, assuming it makes profits. But holders should watch out for future schemes requesting additional cash for growth when infact the cash simply funds dividends. It is a 'thing' as they say..
    Not sure if these 2 stocks make a logical comparison, one is a true business the other is a listed fund.

Legend

Hapless stakeholders could just get the newly installed head cherangs to see 'my food bowl'
    gets sold into a new holding company -- obviously at a hiked up consideration, borrow a pile more
    to pay a large dividend from the pumped up group .. do a few fancies on the books and
    tell a few modified stories so it looks like all is sweet & profitable and a fair few more bucketfulls
    are going through the bottom line ..

It worked before didn't it ?

Why not again then someone may want to pull off a T/over or a book build could be thrown
    out to a new bunch of suckers wanting to lick the spoon ..

Advanced Member

After a close shave with the auditor, My S P did not make the cut.

Must be already registered at the companies office.