sharetrader
Page 8 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

They certainly appear to have a good following among the more affluent - in Auckland, at least - but I wonder about their profitability. It must be a heavily labour intensive and delivery - expensive operation, despite a high degree of standardisation of orders. Limiting choice enables bulk-buying, of course, so perhaps there is money to be made! A big plus - for customers - is the interesting recipes which can be re-used long after customers cease to be active.

Guru

Have expanded into the regions - Dunedin, Hawkes Bay etc, would help the growth. Plus into Australia - wonder how Nadia's recipes are going down there??

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    "then the failed aussie venture"
    I think the ozzy venture showed her commercial abilities and the government intervention showed her political abilities. Yes, it's a simplistic analysis saying the share price got obliterated under her watch but there isn't a single shareholder alive who would've hired her in retrospect. I don't even think she would argue that she wasn't a failure - how could you?[/QUOTE]

But the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) aspect of Gattung is that she is a blatant liar. She can stand in front of a TV camera and make assertions that even she in her heart of hearts must know are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    "then the failed aussie venture"
    I think the ozzy venture showed her commercial abilities and the government intervention showed her political abilities. Yes, it's a simplistic analysis saying the share price got obliterated under her watch but there isn't a single shareholder alive who would've hired her in retrospect. I don't even think she would argue that she wasn't a failure - how could you?[/QUOTE]

But the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) aspect of Gattung is that she is a blatant liar. She can stand in front of a TV camera and make assertions that even she in her heart of hearts must know are wrong.

The UK and USA markets are saturated with similar similar ventures, although none have dared ventured outside their local markets. IMO, the key to expansion outside of Australasia for My Food Bag would be the provision of recipes and contents tailored to the local markets.

IMO it would be wise not to underestimate the competitive powers of Foodstuffs & Progressive entering this market, particularly Progressive who already have a potential distribution medium established through their existing online delivery service.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Have expanded into the regions - Dunedin, Hawkes Bay etc, would help the growth. Plus into Australia - wonder how Nadia's recipes are going down there??
    They have Australians creating recipes and sourcing local ingredients. I daresay there is a fair amount of crossover though.

One NZ competitor is WOOP - World on Our Plate. Auckland only so far. Similar to MFB but with more prep done centrally so dinner is on the table within 15 minutes. I see they also have 3 course dinner party packs.

MFB has first mover advantage. So far. And has shown scaleability. WOOP may struggle with that.

Guru

MFB took 40m and 20 ingredients to make bangers and mash. We changed to WOOP and it was much better. Flasher meals in less time.

Supermarkets could easily enter this space. They already have online shopping / delivery and a menu section. Just add 1 click buy for ingredients and celebrity menus and your done.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    MFB took 40m and 20 ingredients to make bangers and mash. We changed to WOOP and it was much better. Flasher meals in less time. Supermarkets could easily enter this space. They already have online shopping / delivery and a menu section. Just add 1 click buy for ingredients and celebrity menus and your done.
    So, was WOOP on the table in 15 minutes?

Supermarkets already sell Wishbone and similar. Would not take much to hook up with them for the heat and eat parts of the meal. They already do potato gratin for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    They already have online shopping / delivery and a menu section. Just add 1 click buy for ingredients and celebrity menus and your done.
    Exactly, how hard would this be. A few Chelsea Winter recipes here and there, just add to your cart - people will love it.

And surely supermarkets would be able to undercut WOOP & MFB like crazy

It will be on the NZX one day

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11632736

Jeez $115 revenues and 130% growth must be worth at least a billion (pr at least 1/2 billion)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”