sharetrader
Page 84 of 199 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    Somebody got hungry at close today ....
    And somebody got filled and full rather quickly!

Sp back down to another low at $1.18.

Market thinks MFB is going to be one of the stocks to suffer from inflationary pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Might need Nadia to conjure up a special dish with exceptional ingredients which will ‘prompt’ buying interest in the shares?
    Nadia isn’t a significant shareholder any more is she? As long as they can pay for her marketing contribution what does she care about the share price?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Nadia isn’t a significant shareholder any more is she? As long as they can pay for her marketing contribution what does she care about the share price?
    Reputation - she is associated with MFB’s success or lack thereof. In fact, she is the face of MFB with all the others smartly distancing themselves with the loot taken from the naive Mum & Pop investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Reputation - she is associated with MFB’s success or lack thereof. In fact, she is the face of MFB with all the others smartly distancing themselves with the loot taken from the naive Mum & Pop investors.
    https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU21...ed-startup.htm

Here’s one (ex COO) who took his money & ran. Now helping to set up another entity which no doubt will be sold to Mom & Dad mugs in due course?

I really genuinely feel sorry for Nadia - hope she is getting paid well to be associated with MFB.

Anyone who considers investing in this company should have a look at Marley Spoon on the asx, who do the same thing. Was a market darling and now A$.90 and down 14 percent after result. States that customers are not ordering as much as lock downs ends.

Legend

Still haven't cracked the magic buck level yet .. may have to sit back & play elsewhere for a bit longer

still be looking for the next curious announcement that bashes MFB under the 120 bits on the plate
    Last edited by nztx; 05-11-2021 at 07:18 PM.

@Shareguy Check out Blue Apron in the USA for an even better example. Was a ~$2b company at IPO a few years ago now barely a going concern.

For anyone following MFB I've just posted a deep dive write up (linked below). It includes some info about the fall of Blue Apron and some of the parallels I see to MFB's situation. The biggest risk being it'll be mighty hard to keep these 15%+ EBITDA margins long term

https://fundamentalgoob.com/2021/10/...-sinking-ship/

Goob just read your article. Fantastic. Well researched with great balanced information. You have summed it up well in my opinion. I think they will report forecast this half year but that’s it. Increased costs and a good chance that demand will decrease with lockdowns ending and the food bag will be the first to go if the economy goes into recession. All holders should read your article.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Goob just read your article. Fantastic. Well researched with great balanced information. You have summed it up well in my opinion. I think they will report forecast this half year but that’s it. Increased costs and a good chance that demand will decrease with lockdowns ending and the food bag will be the first to go if the economy goes into recession. All holders should read your article.
    Weren't MFB supposed to be optomising things so costs were controlled ?

Wasn't that the guts of Bacon's spiel not so long ago ?

Advanced Member

Might have mentioned this before, but a young couple in the family are MFB regulars. Under 25, both working. They reckon cost is similar to what they were spending on UberEats etc, better quality, much healthier, plenty of variety and no waste. There is cooking involved of course, but they usually choose a couple of the ready-in-15-minute options for time poor days.

MFB has now expanded its range to cover a lot of add ons - pantry items, ready made meals, baking mixes, artisan products. They would be good for profit margins as fixed costs already covered and they can increase or reduce items and volumes easily to follow demand. Ours have added on for example $12 for a pizza kit - 4 bases, sauce and grated 3 cheese, add own protein, veggies or whatever.

I know about their choices as the delivery comes to mine, their place not suitable for delivery.

They might not be the original target market, but maybe a sign of a different market. And also that the range is extending weekly, though range of meal options has shrunk as well mainly since covid last year.