sharetrader
Page 17 of 197 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Banned

Hahha... funny u

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    If only we could invest in individual Pak n Saves!!

Aha -- yes dish up a Pak n Save offer instead & would be in boots & all

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    https://www.eatl8r.co.nz/
    We order their meals.Delicious.Just microwave 2 minutes .
    Meal kits are a different market percy. And a market that was non existent here just a few years ago.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Meal kits are a different market percy. And a market that was non existent here just a few years ago.
    To be fair MFB , has ready to eat options as well , come on Percy give it a try ...
    https://www.myfoodbag.co.nz/extras/my-heat-and-eat

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Aha -- yes dish up a Pak n Save offer instead & would be in boots & all
    Yup, amazing how many of the individual store owners are on NBR's rich list.

Surprised no one has had a go at the supermarket duopoly ala 2degrees (apart from the Warehouse's thwarted attempt). The real rivers of gold in Kiwiland.

Advanced Member

Surprised no one has had a go at the supermarket duopoly ala 2degrees (apart from the Warehouse's thwarted attempt). The real rivers of gold in Kiwiland.
    Warehouse does stock a lot of grocery items, but pantry / cleaning / personal care. Not fresh stuff though in store they do stock milk. I would say that's a good add on for them both for personal and online shoppers. If people are buying online shipping is dirt cheap and can be worth while adding a few grocery items to the order.

Guru

I think the Gubbermint are having an inquiry into the duopolistic supermarket business. That will come to nothing......

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    When you put it like that, one wonders what we're being asked to consider buying in to, is it worth it, what growth potential does it have. Looks more like an exit payout strategy than a decent investment. Not the only game in town either, just might have a better brand profile.

Thinking thinking.
    I was also thinking about this when I heard about the potential offer. Unless they expand to Australia (which itself already has established players), I see MFB having a very limited market.

Though consistently earning at least $20m - $30m per annum is still profitable.

I kind of (wrongly or rightly) compare MFB to diet and workout fads. They get a lot of people subscribing initially, but over time, they start to lose interest. Would be interested on what their customer churn is like and how many new subscribers they have been getting in the past year...and what the average ongoing spend of those new subscribers are etc...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by metalstorm View Post
    I was also thinking about this when I heard about the potential offer. Unless they expand to Australia (which itself already has established players), I see MFB having a very limited market.

Though consistently earning at least $20m - $30m per annum is still profitable.

I kind of (wrongly or rightly) compare MFB to diet and workout fads. They get a lot of people subscribing initially, but over time, they start to lose interest. Would be interested on what their customer churn is like and how many new subscribers they have been getting in the past year...and what the average ongoing spend of those new subscribers are etc...
    Hi Metal storm they already were in Australia and retreated ......
    Why doesn't NZ work alone ?How many companies have failed going into Ausssie .... plenty of things like general groceries etc they could add into the boxes .
    I think of this like Trade Me,everyone thought it was a hell of a price to start with , but after it's sale it went to IPO then it has been taken out . So was plenty in it for everyone along the way ....
    You mention fads ,whatever the latest diet one is they can supply ......
    With the possability of IFT going ,MET last year it's about time something decent listed that the average person understands.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hi Metal storm they already were in Australia and retreated ......
    Why doesn't NZ work alone ?How many companies have failed going into Ausssie .... plenty of things like general groceries etc they could add into the boxes .
    I think of this like Trade Me,everyone thought it was a hell of a price to start with , but after it's sale it went to IPO then it has been taken out . So was plenty in it for everyone along the way ....
    You mention fads ,whatever the latest diet one is they can supply ......
    With the possability of IFT going ,MET last year it's about time something decent listed that the average person understands.

Wasn't Harmoney good enough ?

Or were too many better Interest rate seeking punters on here left seeking a new home when the
    Corporate participants commandeered the show for their own goals excluding everyone else .. ?

Agreed though -- the depth of worthwhile company NZX listings is fairly light & diminishing ..

Eliminate all the ETF's and other NZX sponsored fundies etc & the true state of things becomes obvious ..
    Last edited by nztx; 29-01-2021 at 12:46 PM. Reason: add more