sharetrader
Page 7 of 199 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    That's a very simplistic view of a highly complex situation. (I worked there over that period.)
    as did I

but it was everything from putting out stupid broadband plans - ie 10x the speed but 10th the cap, which would do the opposite of driving broadband uptake, which was one of the reasons the government stepped in because broadband uptake was so slow in NZ. Alot of this was telecoms wholesale broadband plans where priced so unfairly that when competitors added in their overheads they just couldn't compete with telecoms own internet arm (Xtra). Telecom had a monopoly.

to getting murdered in the mobile market, I remember some exec was coming to our offices and we where advised not to have our VF mobiles (yes lots of staff had personal Vf mobiles) in view as it might offend this exec. LOL, I argued we should flash them in his face to give him free customer feedback survey, your own staff think your mobiles suck, wake up

then the failed aussie venture, to Teresa gattung etc etc smaller fails like Bzone etc

It seems in any fair battlefield telecom would get wrecked, and they would only win where they had everything stacked in their favour.

Teresa gattung rode telecom during the tech boom, you could have had a monkey running the company then and it would have done well.

"then the failed aussie venture"[/QUOTE] I think the ozzy venture showed her commercial abilities and the government intervention showed her political abilities. Yes, it's a simplistic analysis saying the share price got obliterated under her watch but there isn't a single shareholder alive who would've hired her in retrospect. I don't even think she would argue that she wasn't a failure - how could you?

The pumping up of My Food Bag continues
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11434526

This after a recent article on Theresa's recent activities and what she is up to.

All steam ahead or an IPO one day ......even now guru analysts say its worth at least $20m ......tart it up a bit and hock it off for $50m

As the man from the Innovation Centre says "To be at $50 million in revenue in such a short time, and to be cashflow positive? Bloody impressive," he said.
    Last edited by winner69; 18-04-2015 at 11:04 AM.

The idea, and business has peaked my interest on this one if it ever comes to an IPO, but as always I will take into account management before I invest. I always ask the questions what is their track record, can they grow the company without swamping it in debt.
    anyone that ever invested in rakon learned that lesson

Advanced Member

Be interesting to know churn rate. Their Facebook page is mostly positive - as would be expected as ex clients are not likely to post there - but some quality issues are reported.

El Toro~

Pending on valuation, I'd happily partake in an IPO offer from them, I've used them a lot and very happy. Online shopping is becoming more and more common for food, most of my friend circle do all their shopping online via Countdown or MFB.

Advanced Member

I used them briefly, the bit I liked best was getting a dinky plastic pottle with one anchovy. I would use them again but probably only when I have house guests to save time planning and buying stuff. The recipes are clear and simple and lend themselves to helping hands in the kitchen, with plenty of possibilities for children or adults to help.

Guru

The wife has gone for it. I had no say in the matter.

I will expense it against my investment company though - market research

Will give my opinion in a few weeks.

Must be floated one day

$100m turnover and bigger than VerItas

No that's a hint eh

I would be a starter

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11558913
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Any guesses what their GM% would be? I guess low....