sharetrader
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

"so ur dad is going to buy $1000, and u are going to buy $40000?"

Yes that's right. Or at least I going to try to get 40,000 but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

rmbrave, may pay to spread your bets here, by putting applications in under several different cuzzy bros names for lesser amounts (once alotted simply transfer back to yourself via off market transfer form )

PS: I also give a case of beer as consideration for the service. (keeps everyone happy)

Disc: Had about 20 different applications when AIA floated.

Guru

kura ,where does one get the application forms, I thaught that there was no pool , and that registration of interest letters went out to the account owner at each power users address ?

Yes, need to be an account holder, what I meant is that rmbbrave should try picking on several account holders rather than just one (his dad) as my guess is that aplications will eventualy be scaled back.

Most account holders will just fire their registration of interest letters straight into rubbish bins. So it's a matter of rounding up your friends relatives etc, who wouldn't otherwise be using their entitlement.

kura, where do we get these off market transfer forms from?!

and also... prob is kura.. ur just guessing...

if we do get 20k worth.. *only want 10k*, then we are gonna sell them straight off the block...

*well keep for awhile then sell half*

bit of a risk.. if u get all ur entitlement? and then ur going to stag them on the day?

u say u had 20 diff applications for AIA?
    how much did u apply for each of them? and how much did u get in the end? was it more or less what u wanted to get?!
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

You can get the necessary form from the share registry - Computershare or BK - if you want to transfer shares to a friend or relative. Just phone and ask for one. Very simple and no charge. I do this from time to time to pass on a few shares to junior relatives.

quote:Originally posted by Sideshow Bob

Coupon rate is 9.75%, but after the IPO this will fall to 8.5%, as there was a bonus 1.25% interest while there wasn't an IPO.
    Are you sure that the interest rate drops back to 8.75%? My understanding is that it was increased if the IPO wasn't completed by mid 04 - i don't recall reading anything that said it would drop back to the original coupon if they listed after that.
    Disc: JWI, VCT, VCT010

Stainless Steel Rat - slipping between the cracks.

I bought 20,000 bonds for the 95% IPO share cost, then was disappointed to find they were not going to IPO, so I sold them.[:I]
    Like some of you Vector users I put down $20,000 as an indication of my interest in the offer form as an account holder. I wish I had put more now.
    My guess is that $500 worth is your lot no matter what your interest, the rest will go to the big boys who are ABN clients.
    I do hope I'm wrong.I could do with a good piece of this action.

Guru

quote: Originally posted by SSR

Are you sure that the interest rate drops back to 8.75%? My understanding is that it was increased if the IPO wasn't completed by mid 04 - i don't recall reading anything that said it would drop back to the original coupon if they listed after that.
    That is what I was advised by my broker at the time, but don't have the offer document.

Hope they are wrong!!!

SSB

quote:Originally posted by PointyHat

I bought 20,000 bonds for the 95% IPO share cost, then was disappointed to find they were not going to IPO, so I sold them.[:I]
    Like some of you Vector users I put down $20,000 as an indication of my interest in the offer form as an account holder. I wish I had put more now.
    My guess is that $500 worth is your lot no matter what your interest, the rest will go to the big boys who are ABN clients.
    I do hope I'm wrong.I could do with a good piece of this action.
    WHAT 500 BUCKS WORTH!!!
    i doubt it? selling it will cost 30 bucks... thats a good 6% of the trade?

surely we could milk out 2k each?

has anyone done the maths?

whats left over afta the bonds/ngc are taken into account for us akl consumers and the instos?
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE