sharetrader
Page 68 of 106 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

It might mean nothing but today was a TA buy signal in my book. I always like to say in advance of the event. Today was the day for this stock the downtrend is now over. Macdunk
    DISCL used to have these lines years ago in the other company.

used to have these lines years ago
    Still using the same lines eh Macdunk?

Possibly the fact this coming Monday is a potentially significant date for the company may have something to do with the recent shareprice activity.

Quote Originally Posted by E C K Witty View Post
    Still using the same lines eh Macdunk?

Possibly the fact this coming Monday is a potentially significant date for the company may have something to do with the recent shareprice activity.
    I searched their website's financial calender and couldn't find anything. There's only a "Capital bond reset". Mind telling us what's important on Monday?
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Deadline for bids on Wellington asset sale

hmmm... wonder what they are going to do with all that cash after selling the Welly assets? shareholders will just sit back and enjoy all the cash flowing into their pockets.

AMR, I told you to buy blow $2.30.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    hmmm... wonder what they are going to do with all that cash after selling the Welly assets? shareholders will just sit back and enjoy all the cash flowing into their pockets.

AMR, I told you to buy blow $2.30.
    Better to buy at 2.40 on the way up than 2.40 on the way down!

I used to have a very similar investment style to what you are use, but something that looks cheap ...might be cheaper later.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

You are not another one of those McDunk fans that looks at the graphs TA, BA, BS, FART Tax or whatever and comes with next weeks lotto results.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

slow learner

Default Any thoughts on Vector?

I have had Vector on my watch list for a while, the sp tracking down for quite some time yet fundamentally a very good buy. Is the reason for the down trend just the conflict with Vector and the Ministry? Setting prices?
    Or are investors just waiting for the bottoming out of the share price and looking for buy in indicators?

I would appreciate any comments as I am still learning!

I think there is some concern over the shareholding - a politically motivated major shareholder who might decide or do anything in their own interest, with all the rest just a minority along for the ride.

Hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath, sometime in the future the major holder will be reduced to a 30%, to less then 50% holding, at that stage others that presently avoid but watch, would become interested. In my opinion this would become a win win story for almost all except ther politically motivated. Nonetheless, probably a secure investment that will at least keep up with inflation , and with the trusts need for cash to hand out, a sure dividend payer.

VCT is also a share that I am following. Even included it in my picks!

I expect that the shareprice will recover later in the year once all the uncertainty disappears,
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.