sharetrader
Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Yeah its one of my picks and on my watchlist too but still trending downwards - I'll look at it on its way back up. Hopefully still under 2.20

I am also waiting for it to bottom and I will pick up some more VCT shares.

It doesnt make sense for these jokers to list VCT and still run it like their own private firm. Would like to see these jokers get the boot out of the door and replace with a team that can add value.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 03-02-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    It doesnt make sense for these jokers to list VCT and still run it like their own private firm. Would like to see these jokers get the boot out of the door and replace with a team that can add value.
    I recall that is why the well-respected independent Directors resigned en-masse...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

slow learner

Thanks for the input.

It makes rereading Vector and Trust's web sites make more sense.

I will continue to watch for an up trend or if sp continues to slide wait to the yield becomes too good!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I recall that is why the well-respected independent Directors resigned en-masse...

The current board of jokers are destroying a quality NZ asset. If this was a private firm, the board of jokers would have their bottoms booted long time ago. Maybe the media should investigate and do a report of the clowning around that goes on.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Can anyone remember the IPO price for VCT and what year it was listed? Thanks.

Default Vector IPO

Can anyone remember the IPO price for VCT and what year it was listed? Thanks.
    Vector was listed on 15th August 2005, and I think that the price was $2.38.

Quote Originally Posted by Deev8 View Post
    Vector was listed on 15th August 2005, and I think that the price was $2.38.

Nice graph Deev!

I sold at 3.20 and it must have been a lucky day. Back in again now (not anywhere near the same volume) despite the Chairman, the government, the Trust, and management ructions caused by the former.

For those who observe trading patterns (re forex thread) this looks like a huge Butterfly forming.

New CEO, Chairman to resign, Labour loses election, Trust sells more shares at $3.50 will just about complete the picture.

Thanks Deev8.

I will add more VCT shares to my portfolio when it bottoms out.

Bilo, what do you mean Trust sells more shares at $3.50???

Thanks Deev8.

I will add more VCT shares to my portfolio when it bottoms out.

Bilo, what do you mean Trust sells more shares at $3.50???
    Sorry Doc
    Possibly a poor attempt at sarcasm/joke. AECT the Auckland Energy Consumer Trust a highly politicised body who are trustees of 75% of VCT for Aucklander's. Look them up - Vector's potential is almost unlimited - hence the Labour government's zeal to suppress any capitalistic tendency. The debate has always been about a suitable capital structure and governance structure for VCT's licence to print money.

They were always highly leveraged because they were presented opportunities to make more profits and grow but the Trust refused to sell shares to reduce debt. VCT is capable of generating buckets of cash. With the right capital structure this company would support a very much higher price than $2.08. It will come but it will take much longer than it should have. Selling some of VCT's Wellington interests is another way.