sharetrader

Thread: ASX broker

Default ASX broker

Hi, I'm wanting an Australian based broker that will accept trades from me whilst resident in NZ. I have AUD funds and didn't want to convert through FX to trade with from NZ. This has probably been posted about before, but I haven't found it. Thanks in advance

This service for NZ'ers won't accept foreign currency.

I;m wanting access to a brokerage account in Australia that will accept my AUD currency to make share trades with from NZ.

Many thanks.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    This service for NZ'ers won't accept foreign currency.

I;m wanting access to a brokerage account in Australia that will accept my AUD currency to make share trades with from NZ.

Many thanks.

Fred

--Just join any online Aussie broker ..CMC,E*Trade etc they'll give you a Aus bank account...or I'm pretty sure the likes of ASB can also sort out a AUD account to deposit and use to buy ASX shares from
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    --Just join any online Aussie broker ..CMC,E*Trade etc they'll give you a Aus bank account...or I'm pretty sure the likes of ASB can also sort out a AUD account to deposit and use to buy ASX shares from
    I don't think a nz residents can use an aussie broker. I tried a few years back. Asb allows you to have an Aud account and trade aussie shares. We just have to pay more. Try igmarkets for cheaper brokerage and leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I don't think a nz residents can use an aussie broker. I tried a few years back. Asb allows you to have an Aud account and trade aussie shares. We just have to pay more. Try igmarkets for cheaper brokerage and leverage.
    E*Trade will work. They offer service to NZ, as an Aussie Broker, but the ID docs have to be countersigned....bit of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    E*Trade will work. They offer service to NZ, as an Aussie Broker, but the ID docs have to be countersigned....bit of a hassle.
    Yeah I use Etrade and they setup a anz call acc I do my
    Currency exchange aud/nzd here through Asb
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu