Synlait Farms Company Profile, 2012 Audited Annual Report and Constitution

https://www.unlisted.co.nz/Members/u...cement_id=2184

Synlait Farms March 2013 Investor Presentation

https://www.unlisted.co.nz/Members/u...cement_id=2185

Default Market in Synlait

Quote Originally Posted by Armillary Private Capital View Post
    Synlait Farms Limited joins Unlisted

http://www.unlisted.co.nz/uPublic/un...cement_id=2183

Looks like a market is slowly establishing in Synlait Farms. Opening offer was $1.15 with a bid appearing last Thursday at $0.65 . Today a fresh buy order has been placed for 10,000 shares at $0.75c. Bid / offer spread is still very wide but I suppose it is still early days.

With a NAV of $1.45 both buyers are obviously trying to buy $1's worth of assets for around $0.50c.

It will be interesting to see if the recent trend of higher dairy prices , especially WMP , will continue at tonights auction on the GDT Platform.

Default Dairy prices thru the roof

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the recent trend of higher dairy prices , especially WMP , will continue at tonights auction on the GDT Platform.

Amazing , up another double digit gain and prices in NZ$ terms now up 50% in 2013. Synlait Farms could make some serious dough in 2013/14 season with a payout back above $7.00 !! The buyers at 75c & 65c may need to pay up to get any. Interesting to see if the $1.15 seller moves there price up after yet another spectacular auction result.

Guru

From their 2012 accounts, they had a NP of $3,126k and have shares on issue of 40,802,871 so earnings per share of 7.6c per share. Apply a P/E of 10 gives you 76c per share or 15 = 1.15.

So looks like buyers and sellers have a different view of what P/E should be applied - I have no idea what it should be either. Good to have it listed, even if it is on the "unlisted".

FarmerHamilton - I wild assumption I know but are you are farmer from Hamilton?? What is your view on the financials and a fair price for the shares. Looking at the NTA is misguided in my view as unless you are liquidating, the key metric is earnings/cashflow/dividends??? Cashflows from operations look to be strong at over $6m.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    From their 2012 accounts, they had a NP of $3,126k and have shares on issue of 40,802,871 so earnings per share of 7.6c per share. Apply a P/E of 10 gives you 76c per share or 15 = 1.15.

So looks like buyers and sellers have a different view of what P/E should be applied - I have no idea what it should be either. Good to have it listed, even if it is on the "unlisted".

FarmerHamilton - I wild assumption I know but are you are farmer from Hamilton?? What is your view on the financials and a fair price for the shares. Looking at the NTA is misguided in my view as unless you are liquidating, the key metric is earnings/cashflow/dividends??? Cashflows from operations look to be strong at over $6m.

Like the listed property stocks I think NTA is important because it gives you a good starting point. Dairy farms have never yielded as much as commercial property but like owning a building in downtown Auckland with Synlait's 14,000 cows sending off their milk daily they get a monthly "rent cheque" from Synlait Milk. Each producing hectare has a value and each cow has a value. Added up at recent valuations and Synlait's are according to the presentation worth $1.45/share.

The company is a play on rising commodity ( protein ) demand and prices. At a $7.50 payout the company will earn probably twice as much as at a $6.50 payout so there is real leverage to rising commodity prices. These dairy auction results must be music to managements ears I would have thought.

Value ... I would have thought that with a fair chance of doubling of earnings in the next 12 months and at a 30c discount to NAV ( 20% ) $1.15 looks reasonable value. 75c I would say would be a fantastic buy.
    Last edited by FarmerHamilton; 03-04-2013 at 09:38 AM.

My unlisted "quote sheet" page is blank , anyone else no what is going on over there today?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    Like the listed property stocks I think NTA is important because it gives you a good starting point.
    In part but listed property stocks are valued on their yield. Variations occur due to debt levels, quality of buildings/tenants etc. The two (NTA and yeild) maybe confused as the value of a building is linked directly to its rental yield - an increase in NTA will be due to an increase in rental yield.

So at earnings of 7.6c per share, and a dividend policy of say 90% and a target yeild of 8% gives you a SP of 85c. If their profit doubles as you suggest, the that price will also double.

Edit: I am not sure what their dividend policy or whether they plan to distribute or use excess funds to pay down debt or expand.
    Last edited by CJ; 03-04-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk