sharetrader
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Trading halt to continue until 21 October:

http://www.unlisted.co.nz/uPublic/un...cement_id=2287

Guru

So the Chinese are buying - wonder if Winstone/Greens will get a hold of this one?

FarmerHamilton - 31% premium - are you happy or holding?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    So the Chinese are buying - wonder if Winstone/Greens will get a hold of this one?

FarmerHamilton - 31% premium - are you happy or holding?
    Very happy seller of my 128,000 @ 210c .... nice end to the week.

IMO

Farmer Hamilton, man are you on a roll.Int in where you will invest from here; putting any into shares ? If so be int i your thoughts re what sectors and companies you are looking at outside of NZ. cheers JT

Hi JoshuaTree , I am not counting my chickens just yet as the OIO are still to approve but if Crafar Farms got thru then this one should be OK.

Yes , what to do with the money ... $268,800 ..

A portfolio of shares I am thinking ... 1/3 probably dividend paying multi-nationals
    I already own and will add to ( KO:US, CL:US , UTX:US , JPM:US , SO:US , CVX: US , DIS:US )

1/3 non or low paying div growth stocks ( CELG:US , GOOG:US , APC:US , FB:US )

1/3 global property stocks ( 4:HK , 14:HK , 778:HK , SHB:UK , GPOR:UK , SLG:US , VNO:US , GPT:AU , DXS:AU , CFX:AU )

I will probably sell naked puts ( at strikes 5-10% below spot ) against many of these stocks rather than outright purchase of the shares as buying in near all-time highs is a little unwise. May go "all-in" on CELG:US however with a decent purchase of $50-75k worth

IMO

Thanks for sharing FH. Naked puts a bit beyond my experience and know how but sounds like a good downside protection.. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks for sharing FH. Naked puts a bit beyond my experience and know how but sounds like a good downside protection.. Cheers
    Selling a naked put on say Coca-Cola shares is promising to buy them at a certain price on a certain day.

Currently shares are about $38.50 so I will probably look to sell the $37.50 Jan 2014 puts for around 75c.

I am promising to buy the shares at $37.50 if they are below that level ( very happy to buy at 3% discount to current price ) and if the shares are above this level then I get to keep the 75c ... and then do it again on the March or April option series.

Upside : 75c / share premium in my account instantly I sell the option , and possibly buy Coke at decent discount ( when taking off the 75c premium I would effectively be long Coke at $36.75 in Jan ... $1.75 lower than current level.

Downside: Margin required to be held with broker. Max gain if Coke keeps rising is only 75c/sh , no dividends.

I love options !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    Selling a naked put on say Coca-Cola shares is promising to buy them at a certain price on a certain day....
    I love options !!!!
    FH, what service/website do you use to buy and sell options? Thx