sharetrader
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Companies are no longer allowed to operate a market in their own shares, so they are looking for a vehicle [market] for shareholders to buy/sell/trade their shares without the costs of being a listed company.

The NZX has stated publicly that they wish to increase the number of firms involved in the agricultural sector on the market. Synlait Farms with an asset base of circa $200m and turnover in the $30-$40m range must be the kind of company they have in mind and are looking for. I wonder if they "pitched" for the listing ?
    Last edited by FarmerHamilton; 15-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Companies are no longer allowed to operate a market in their own shares, so they are looking for a vehicle [market] for shareholders to buy/sell/trade their shares without the costs of being a listed company.
    Hi Percy - How does that sit with (say) estaronline ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Hi Percy - How does that sit with (say) estaronline ?
    I have recently brought 50,000 estaronline @ 8cents for the wife.I had to contact the seller.I then paid the seller.He sent me a signed transfer form,which the wife signed, and we sent onto the company.Share certificate was then sent to my wife.Very long and drawn out process.
    It was estaronline who brought to my attention "companies are no longer allowed to operate a market in their own shares",after I had complained that they were no longer operating a market.The chairman did say they were looking at "the problem."I am waiting for estaronline to report,so hopefully they will find a solution.
    Tru- Test at present continue to operate their own market.They recently had a successful rights issue.
    At present time it seems Unlisted appeals to small companies [although they have large companies too].The NZAX appears to cost a lot,and some of these companies don't met NZAX guidelines,maybe through spread of shareholders and other compliance issues.
    I own REL and PAZ on Unlisted market and it is easy to buy/sell through my broker Craigs.Liquidity is often an issue,so care needs to be taken,

percy

Further to my post.; Synlait are also looking at a new platform.They have been traded through accounting firm BDO.
    So we will end up with Synlait and what we have on this thread Synlait Farms.

Advanced Member

Not helpful for " New Starts " is it ??

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Not helpful for " New Starts " is it ??
    I think you are "right on the money" [as per usual].I have held shares in estaronline and PAZ for a number of years.They really do their best for shareholders,usually money has at times been tight,so they are not keen to spend a lot on a listing,perfering to reinvest cash in the business or paying out a dividend.
    Last edited by percy; 16-04-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Default Profit upgrade

I think you are "right on the money" [as per usual].I have held shares in estaronline and PAZ for a number of years.They really do their best for shareholders,usually money has at times been tight,so they are not keen to spend a lot on a listing,perfering to reinvest cash in the business or paying out a dividend.

Synlait Farms today advised the Unlisted market that due to recent strength in dairy prices it has upgraded its profit forcast for the current season by $2m ( approx 4.9cps ). Forcast for 2013/14 season also now higher due to higher projected payout.

Production also on budget for this season due to careful use of irrigation resources despite very dry summer. Big tick for the Canterbury vs Waikato debate !

All looks very positive.

Still no trade and I see the 2 buyers both pulled there bids on Tuesday morning after the Dow Jones index plunged 260pts. Obviously not really interested in the core underlying business rather the daily gyrations of global stock markets ... what about another positive GDT auction and the kiwi$ dn 2c over the week ?

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    Synlait Farms today advised the Unlisted market that due to recent strength in dairy prices it has upgraded its profit forcast for the current season by $2m ( approx 4.9cps ). Forcast for 2013/14 season also now higher due to higher projected payout.

Production also on budget for this season due to careful use of irrigation resources despite very dry summer. Big tick for the Canterbury vs Waikato debate !

All looks very positive.
    You would buy the shares if you are confident of your analysis. What about interest rate goes up 1 percentage point? With huge amount of debt, Synlait farms would be in similar position as Crafar farms if milk price drops and interest rate increases at the same time.

Default Spread tightening

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    You would buy the shares if you are confident of your analysis. What about interest rate goes up 1 percentage point? With huge amount of debt, Synlait farms would be in similar position as Crafar farms if milk price drops and interest rate increases at the same time.

Crafar Farms were poor quality farms with poor quality stock in pretty average dairying districts. Synlait is far better performing on virtually every metric. I agree if the payout falls and IR rise dramatically Synlait will suffer, just like very other business in the world would suffer with rising costs and falling revenues. This is certainly not looking likely at present with the swap curve indicating gently rising rates for many years. Also if the global economy suddenly explodes to the upside and IR need to be raised by central banks then it is highly unlikely that commodity prices will have fallen, more likely they are climbing rapidly and inflation is causing banks to withdraw stimulus. Rising rates and falling milk prices is a highly unlikely combination in my opinion.

I see the spread is tightening on the bid/offer , decent volume as well on each side. My bet would be first trade @ $1 if world markets stay bullish over the next few days.

85c / $1.00 ( 30k / 60k volume )

Default SFL - first trade

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    Crafar Farms were poor quality farms with poor quality stock in pretty average dairying districts. Synlait is far better performing on virtually every metric. I agree if the payout falls and IR rise dramatically Synlait will suffer, just like very other business in the world would suffer with rising costs and falling revenues. This is certainly not looking likely at present with the swap curve indicating gently rising rates for many years. Also if the global economy suddenly explodes to the upside and IR need to be raised by central banks then it is highly unlikely that commodity prices will have fallen, more likely they are climbing rapidly and inflation is causing banks to withdraw stimulus. Rising rates and falling milk prices is a highly unlikely combination in my opinion.

I see the spread is tightening on the bid/offer , decent volume as well on each side. My bet would be first trade @ $1 if world markets stay bullish over the next few days.

85c / $1.00 ( 30k / 60k volume )

60,000 shares traded at $1 ....