sharetrader
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    Should have double checked ... 100,000 just traded

65,000 at 98c
    35,000 at $1.00 ... no offer currently

$1.05 bid , albeit in tiny size.
    $1.20 offer , decent size

There really is a lot of nonsense going on here. A bid for 1000 @$1.05 and 1500 @1.00. Punters with $1005 and $1575 to spend! Not worth the brokerage. There really is no liquidity on Unlisted. I would have expected substantial investor interest in a dairy farm much more attainable than syndication.

Quote Originally Posted by 1leon View Post
    There really is a lot of nonsense going on here. A bid for 1000 @$1.05 and 1500 @1.00. Punters with $1005 and $1575 to spend! Not worth the brokerage. There really is no liquidity on Unlisted. I would have expected substantial investor interest in a dairy farm much more attainable than syndication.
    I work it out at $1050 and $1500 respectively but I get your point.

The volume traded since listing is over $200,000 worth , so not too disastrous. Synlait Milk listing in the next few weeks may spark some more interest in the dairy sector.

I realised after I had used $1.05 for both "bids"--I really was flattering the second punters wealth! However you will persist in glossing the issue on trades. As recorded in the -Synlait to float-thread you have acknowledged the initial 60,000 trade was questionable (as indeed I suspect the current bids) so we would be lucky if there has been much over $150,000 in trades. With over 40m shares on issue the trades are less than 0.5%.I doubt that would be a flattering uptake or succesful float for investors in Synlait Milk!

Guru

I realised after I had used $1.05 for both "bids"--I really was flattering the second punters wealth! However you will persist in glossing the issue on trades. As recorded in the -Synlait to float-thread you have acknowledged the initial 60,000 trade was questionable (as indeed I suspect the current bids) so we would be lucky if there has been much over $150,000 in trades. With over 40m shares on issue the trades are less than 0.5%.I doubt that would be a flattering uptake or succesful float for investors in Synlait Milk!
    Agree. No liquidity to get in and every worse, will there be any liquidity to get out.

In theory, this should be a well traded share giving us city slickers easy access to a farm investment without having to lock up $50k + in a syndicate.

If it did have good liquidity, there should be no reason why a few other groups of farms couldn't combine to list as well, giving the punters options.
    Last edited by CJ; 18-06-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Agree. No liquidity to get in and every worse, will there be any liquidity to get out.

In theory, this should be a well traded share giving us city slickers easy access to a farm investment without having to lock up $50k + in a syndicate.

If it did have good liquidity, there should be no reason why a few other groups of farms couldn't combine to list as well, giving the punters options.

So we know the problem , what's the solution ?? Xero seems to have captured the imagination and hardly a household name ...

So we know the problem , what's the solution ?? Xero seems to have captured the imagination and hardly a household name ...
    List! At Xero style p/s of 89.4 the shares will then be "worth" about $30 each!

List! At Xero style p/s of 89.4 the shares will then be "worth" about $30 each!
    $1.05 bid in decent size .... interesting !!

Nice gentle rise in GDT Auction last night , NZD weak ... great combination for dairy industry.

Nice gentle rise in GDT Auction last night , NZD weak ... great combination for dairy industry.
    And the market agrees !!

$1.15 - $1.25
    Lots of bids in decent size behind the $1.15 too.
    Offered in good size too - 40,000 shares

Synlait Milk pricing next week ... all GO Go GO in the dairy sector!