sharetrader
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    percy

Do any posters buy your meat from Mad Butcher?
    If so please comment on store presentation,service , quality of meat purchased, and value for money.

You probably go to real butchers like what this young woman's one - good on her for keeping the old business going

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/smal...butchery-trade

I go to real butcher in Island Bay .... real meat not injected with water or whatever. Maybe I not really the MAd Butcher target market

Mad Butchers I have been in to seem pretty tidy - clean and well laid out and would you believe it full of meat and stuff all at pretty good prices. Good place to go if you want bulk sausages and meat patties for the staff bbq.
    Last edited by winner69; 25-01-2014 at 08:59 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You probably go to real butchers like what this young woman's one - good on her for keeping the old business going

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/smal...butchery-trade

I go to real butcher in Island Bay .... real meat not injected with water or whatever. Maybe I not really the MAd Butcher target market

Mad Butchers I have been in to seem pretty tidy - clean and well laid out and would you believe it full of meat and stuff all at pretty good prices. Good place to go if you want bulk sausages and meat patties for the staff bbq.
    Used to shop there when we lived around the corner from it.Very good meat,and excellent ham at Xmas.Did not realise it had changed hands.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Do any posters buy your meat from Mad Butcher?
    If so please comment on store presentation,service , quality of meat purchased, and value for money.
    Percy, I don't buy meat from the mad butcher. I don't bank at Heartland. And even though I buy Coke, I'm short CCL.AX.

I don't let personal preference cloud my investment decisions. I only care about earnings and the sustainability of those earnings.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Percy, I don't buy meat from the mad butcher. I don't bank at Heartland. And even though I buy Coke, I'm short CCL.AX.

I don't let personal preference cloud my investment decisions. I only care about earnings and the sustainability of those earnings.
    I try to use personal experience as much as possible,as it is the only indicator I know is right.
    You look at Pumkin Patch.Hallensteins, and Postie you can judge a lot quicker, than waiting for figures to come out,how they are trading.
    My wife comes home with some very nice things from Briscoes.No surprises they are doing well.
    I asked about Mad Butcher as I brought a leg of lamb they had on special from their shop at the Woolston .I thought the store was a dump.It was the only time I have been in a Mad Butcher's shop. Had other posters answered my questions positively I would have then looked at the financials.Sustainable earnings will only come to any business who offer good products at fair prices in well laid out customer friendly store.Woolston store did not measure up.
    Last edited by percy; 25-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Ok Percy. Maybe I will venture to one of those undesirable shopping areas where I can find a mad butcher.

For those worried about meat quality , they source from the same places as supermarkets.
    Last edited by noodles; 25-01-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Ok Percy. Maybe I will venture to one of those undesirable shopping areas where I can find a mad butcher.

For those worried about meat quality , they source from the same places as supermarkets.
    Surely you do not mean Mad Butcher shops are only located in "undesirable " shopping areas? lol.
    ps.Their leg of lamb was just as nice as others sourced in desirable areas .

I shop there occasionally, picking up good specials. Particularly enjoy the pork they supply, although all else good quality too. Our local store, Tauranga, is neat and tidy, with friendly staff and good knowledge, evident if you engage in conversation with one of the butchers. I have never had an issue with product.

You might enjoy this http://www.magazinestoday.co.nz/Feat...er+Leitch.html which tells the story of a man who unwittingly built an empire.

My father, very fussy about his meat, was one of his earliest customers, to the Rosella Meats store in Mangere in Auckland. Dad took a real shine to the down to earth young man who owned the business, just plain Peter then. Dad shopped there for some years, because the meat offered was top quality, and he could enjoy a yarn with Peter.

In our local store, I see a lot of what Sir Peter Leitch learned in his early days showing through in the staff, and wonder if you need to comment on the website re the Woolston store.

percy

Thanks Karen1 for your reply and the link .
    Funny how history gets changed on us? I thought it was radio personality the late Tim Bickerstaff who came up with The Mad Butcher name for Sir Peter.

In case they dont read this thread i have sent percy's postvto HQ? i can see HQ visiting Woolston today if they working or the Operations Manager there Monday

They seem quite keen to run consistently high standards across the franchise ....that Woolston operator will get told off

You should go back in a few weeks Percy to see if things changed .that be a god test.