sharetrader
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Dan from HQ appreciates the feedback Percy

Didn't say what he would do so its up to you to visit sometime in the future to see if ferry rd mad butcher is still a dump

Interested to hear

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dan from HQ appreciates the feedback Percy

Didn't say what he would do so its up to you to visit sometime in the future to see if ferry rd mad butcher is still a dump

Interested to hear
    Felt a bit guilty after I posted Ferry road {Wolston store} was a dump,as it was awhile ago that I went there.I went on Sunday afternoon to double check.Confirmed.!!!
    Will check out other stores sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Felt a bit guilty after I posted Ferry road {Wolston store} was a dump,as it was awhile ago that I went there.I went on Sunday afternoon to double check.Confirmed.!!!
    Will check out other stores sometime.
    Will that confirms it then PERCY .... Ferry Rd Mad Butcher is a dump

You won't be a customer and based on that unlikely to be a shareholder eh

Hope Dan sorts them out

I gave him the link to this thread, maybe he check in now and again

percy

I have just returned from visiting Mad Butcher stores in Sydenham and Blenheim Road.
    Sydenham store.Not a very good location.Store front in need of a paint job.Store layout,not bad.Filthy old [not in use] TV needs cleaning.Not good in a food store.Plenty of stock at good prices.Dry goods not impressed.I was the only customer.
    Blenheim Road.Store signage was very good. Bit better located than Sydenham.Store a bit dark.Plenty of stock at good prices.Dry goods not impressed.Again I was the only customer.
    I mentioned dry goods.These included cat biscuits,paper towels etc.Appear to be an after thought given they were here and there.Not properly displayed.
    Three stores I have visited.If I were a shareholder I would be very disappointed.

Percy, maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I been n the Lower Hutt store. Bright and roomy and plenty of meat at good prices. The butcher was helping out a customer with something she wanted. They apparently one of busier stores.

Wonder of they buy their cat biscuits from Masterpet. Should be dog biscuits too .....bones for the dog and his bikkies as well.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Percy, maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I been n the Lower Hutt store. Bright and roomy and plenty of meat at good prices. The butcher was helping out a customer with something she wanted. They apparently one of busier stores.

Wonder of they buy their cat biscuits from Masterpet. Should be dog biscuits too .....bones for the dog and his bikkies as well.
    Being a franchise I expect the stores vary a lot.
    They would not have grown to the size they are today unless they had some very good stores.Yes roomy and plenty of meat at good prices.
    A lot of non butcher products.

They would not have grown to the size they are today unless they had some very good stores.Yes roomy and plenty of meat at good prices.
    If any of you VILers have been to Westmere butchers in Auckland you'd see how it is done. Customers drive from Howick to visit that shop, the hog hears.

Who wants to buy any sort of meat at any quality from premises that are not top-notch, clean, and well-presented?

Lack of presentation and attention to detail is a sign that the owners will cut corners, skimp and take chances with your health.

Not a lot of volume for VIL today!
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Guru

it shouldn't vary. Look at other franchises and see consistancy - BurgerFuel, Pizza Hut etc.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    it shouldn't vary. Look at other franchises and see consistancy - BurgerFuel, Pizza Hut etc.
    You are of course right.

So the Mad Butcher chain is just a group of independent butchers who are doing their own thing .....with the common thread of having the same name over the door, all buy their meat from the same place, charge the same and get thei advertising organised by HQ

Still could be good for Sharetraders as they skim heaps of the top on the way through.

The test of that strategy - is it sustainable?