sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

with a demo you can fake it until you make it.

i think i will go with pepperstone for the fx and later go to oanda for the cfd stuff.

pepperstone have extra small spreads and allow an acct with nzd.
    the exchange rate risk is alot smaller now than it was when we were like 60c though. loading an acct at 60c then watching it go to 85c wouldnt be much fun. now it is more likely to go the other way.
    Last edited by jennym; 01-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Interested in FOREX ??..

Just buy the system advertised Ad Infinitum.. On the radio.. Then sit back and book your holidays.. Pass the Tui. !!..
    Yes and you will be able to fly business class as well - what was the number or website again??

Do not go with CMC. They are rubbish and they cancel or amend your order

I started trade oil future in 2008 with them. doubled investment within one month. One day the system says that the stop order I made before bed was not successful....................the next morning my account ended up with 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    Have a look at OANDA, they are one of the largest. I have been with them for about 10 years and have found them to be pretty good. I dont think you can set your primary funding currency as NZD though if thats an issue.

Unfortunately the Forex thread on here is all but dead.
    Hi Pumice, what's the margin they have for currency trading, really like the NZD/AUD trend

Dilettante

I have been using NZ Forex for my transactions for over a year now and am happy with their service. I am not a FX "trader" by any stretch of the imagination though

Quote Originally Posted by 000831 View Post
    Hi Pumice, what's the margin they have for currency trading, really like the NZD/AUD trend
    leverage on the majors is 50:1 (I would never recomend using that amount) Minors are 20:1
    Spreads are pretty tight on the majors during normal trading hours (except news events)
    between 1.5 and 2.8
    What i like about OandA is you can trade any size you want, which is handy as they have changed the rules so that trades of the same size and pair use a FIFO rule. (that can now be avoided by adding 1 unit)

Veteran novice

Are you people serious?

FX trading is a professional business - as opposed to taking a punt on an exchange rate. You are up against full-time teams of traders with the latest tech aids, trading in millions, moving markets for the smallest of margins in the blink of an eyelid.

Are you feeling lucky?

I know I'm a bit late, but for any other newbies reading this - check out babypips.com trading school. Its the easiest way to learn the absolute basics.
    I've never heard about any problems with CMC from people I know, but where there's smoke there tends to be fire...

For me I dont see any problems with CMC or IG markets. They have tight spreads but they have different styles in rolling spot to the next day. I use SAXO but spreads are not tight but you can trade Shares as well and Futures. If you want to even try a better one go IB since you can practically trade everything in one platform even Exchange Traded Options my favourite asset class.

if you have a strategy that is indepent of what instrument that you trade(eg if you are just wanting to catch part of a trend) then oanda is a goodie because they have bonds, indexes, fx, comodities. that is a good range and if there isnt a trend in one area then chances are there is one in another area. also there isnt too much to scan for your desired setup/s.
    they dont do shares though. does it matter? i think not unless you especially like shares.