sharetrader
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: SLI Systems

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    bull, does your comment still hold true ?
    im still in , see if the financials comes true at full year if im wrong i will reassess then and take my medicine , anyway guess milford and pie will be wrong too lol
    Last edited by bull....; 27-03-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    im still in , see if the financials comes true at full year if im wrong i will reassess then and take my medicine , anyway guess milford and pie will be wrong too lol
    Im sure that the insto would have well and truly done their research on this one including company visits and interviews of the ceo, cfo and any other exs that they think necessary, to them its all about ego and if they get it wrong they lose their star ratings and reputation.
    We can but coat tail along with our research and gut feelings ( sometimes ) !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Im sure that the insto would have well and truly done their research on this one including company visits and interviews of the ceo, cfo and any other exs that they think necessary, to them its all about ego and if they get it wrong they lose their star ratings and reputation.
    We can but coat tail along with our research and gut feelings ( sometimes ) !
    yes and not forget that they paid from my assumptions between 28 - 35 for theres guessing i am of course but looking at volumes in this range so maybe we are in at similar levels to them and not paying a premium for a change

Following the momo

What a mess of an update to read. It seems as if someone has just completed a buzz word course and they've tried to fill out this announcement with them.

I counted the used of the words "profit and cash generation (generate)" in varying order 4 times during the announcement, All to say that their new product is delayed until calendar year 2019 and that due to lower marketing & sales expense we will make slightly more than the HY results.

I would expect this from a start-up company, but not a listed company.

Also the update is not listed as price sensitive for some reason (maybe the NZX's new system of having issuers mark announcements as price sensitive isn't the best)

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    What a mess of an update to read. It seems as if someone has just completed a buzz word course and they've tried to fill out this announcement with them.

I counted the used of the words "profit and cash generation (generate)" in varying order 4 times during the announcement, All to say that their new product is delayed until calendar year 2019 and that due to lower marketing & sales expense we will make slightly more than the HY results.

I would expect this from a start-up company, but not a listed company.

Also the update is not listed as price sensitive for some reason (maybe the NZX's new system of having issuers mark announcements as price sensitive isn't the best)
    Agree Mr Mcginty

PIVOT seems a new buzzword for them

Maybe they are objectively procrastinating impactful value ....how’s that for corporate bull****
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I quite liked "Complexity of the pivot" and "Reflecting the pivot to the new strategy ". There was me thinking a pivot was a really simple thing. I also thought the thing that turns on the pivot is usually where the complexity lies.

Also like "Net cash inflow". I just thought it was called revenue.

getting near that 2.3m npat i was thinking

percy

The in excess of $8mil cash at 30th June, gave me a most enjoyable nervous twitch.
    Last edited by percy; 23-05-2018 at 11:04 AM.

I know a lot of people have lost money on SLI in the past.
    But of you take a fresh look there's a lot to like.
    Profits will be $2.2M +, 8 mill in cash with no need to burn any short-term , a bit of growth and a market cap of just $19M

percy

Their result on the 23rd should be interesting.