sharetrader
Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

I went to their last investor presentation and they certainly appear to know their game...had no trouble answering all the questions from a room full of "seasoned investors".
    Here is a good one for one of the "seasoned investors" to ask for clarification on.... In the second 6 months of the year sales were $978,000. Trade and account receivables for year end were $1.182m ..... one would think for a product in such great demand with such limited supply availability SEA might be able to command better payment terms? $200k is over 6 months old...

Obviously got this one wrong - shares rocketing up to 2 cents on the back of a positive outlook - www.nzx.com/companies/SEA/announcements/251395

18 months operating at 24/7 (no mention of what that means in $$$$)- should be a fantastic half year result coming up. And absolutely nothing sinister about setting up a separate legal entity for new operation...

They may yet justify their current PE of 69.47!?

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Obviously got this one wrong - shares rocketing up to 2 cents on the back of a positive outlook - www.nzx.com/companies/SEA/announcements/251395

18 months operating at 24/7 (no mention of what that means in $$$$)- should be a fantastic half year result coming up. And absolutely nothing sinister about setting up a separate legal entity for new operation...

They may yet justify their current PE of 69.47!?
    I'm happy to sit and wait....

did anyone here attend the shareholders meetings held this week? I was intending to go but was pulled aside for some other matters.

I didn't see it on the slides, but it wonder whether there was any update on progressing their own brand of fish oils?

Quote Originally Posted by blah View Post
    did anyone here attend the shareholders meetings held this week? I was intending to go but was pulled aside for some other matters.

I didn't see it on the slides, but it wonder whether there was any update on progressing their own brand of fish oils?
    I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who attended - be fascinating to hear why they want to split the companies? There is no possible way it can provide any real commercial advantages. Duplication of costs alone for such small turnover rules that out. My guess - already realise they have at least one basket case so if they can separate it out, load costs into the dead duck and show the other to be 'profitable' it will increase their chances of raising more funds form shareholders next time - and that day will surely come again soon.

Slowly, slowly catcha.........Australasia's largest refiner and blender of fish oils, SeaDragon (NZX:SEA),
    has announced that it has signed a second large squalene sales agreement that
    will underpin its financial performance for the current financial year and
    well into 2016.

Following on from its March announcement of a major new raw material supply
    contract for its existing plant, and its May announcement regarding the first
    significant large sales contract, SeaDragon has signed a second major sales
    contract to take the refined squalene to customers throughout Australasia.

This second contract covers finished product using a significant amount of
    the raw material obtained from the supply agreement. The names of the party
    and the terms of the contract are confidential.

SeaDragon Chief Executive Ross Keeley said: "This contract represents another
    significant win for SeaDragon and vindicates our decision to take bold steps
    to secure raw material for our squalene processing factory."

"The combined contracts have a gross sales value in excess of US$6m for the
    12 months commencing October 1st 2014. Given that these sales contracts do
    not utilize all of the raw material contracted to be supplied to SeaDragon,
    considerable upside exists in terms of both volume and sales value for the
    balance of the finished product that will be produced."

"We are now very well positioned for the current financial year and beyond
    and are looking forward to 2015 when the completion of our new oil refinery
    plant in Nelson will allow a major expansion in our range of Omega-3 fish oil
    products."

Contact
    Ross Keeley
    SeaDragon Chief Executive Officer
    Telephone: 03 547 0336

This is nice to see!!

This is hilarious! May release - the first order was underwriting financial performance for current year and into 2016, share holder update - the SLO plant would be running 24/7 for at least 18 months........ and today the sales don't start till October 1st. In other words it all starts the day after the half year numbers finish.

Getting US$3m of the new sales into the current financial year is a big improvement - more than last years full year, but it needs to be compared to Edison reports...... would also be nice to know when they think they will be profitable or at least stop using capital raising for operational expenses.

Lots of talking but saying nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Well they raised alot under the SPP and now have oodles of cash to build the plant and meet working capital requirements. So money is no longer an issue, execution to plan, including getting the required sales is all that is required. A good position to be in as a small company - hopefully they can deliver.

Shareprice has even increased today but maybe that's because traders haven't received their allocation of take the quick profit - hopefully not too many will.
    I notice 27 mil gone through this morning at 1.7c..major shareholder getting out....and another one getting in.
    cks

Quote Originally Posted by easy money View Post
    I notice 27 mil gone through this morning at 1.7c..major shareholder getting out....and another one getting in.
    Well spotted - good old NZX shows it at as 1.8 cents but 30,727,513 shares for $526,097 is 1.7 cents.... the informed selling to the uninformed.