sharetrader
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

Michael Jacomb

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I have actually made money on Aquaria 21 and Certified Organics - but itis extremely hard work and it's playing pass the parcel. Too damn hard for my liking.

Meanwhile, as in all investments, check out first who are actually behind the company, what are their motivations and what are their track records.

Enough said in the case of Sea Dragon.
    This is either BS or you are KW, GD, SJ, RG or BW !! because they are the only guys who knew when to "pump & dump".

Quote Originally Posted by thedigger View Post
    This is either BS or you are KW, GD, SJ, RG or BW !! because they are the only guys who knew when to "pump & dump".
    Aquaria 21 had a 23 cents put option so as long as you bought under 23 cents, you could not lose.

I foolishly bought into Certified Organics when they started pumping out the story on broomrape in Australia. Foolishly because I should have known better than to trust the company, no matter how good the stotry.

Anyway, the stock went for a run - up 40% in a week on the story. Fortunately I caught wind of the fact that the MD was trying to place some of his shares (to some unsuspecting investors) so I got the hell out.

Made my money and vowed never again.

A vow I have kept and been very happy about my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Aquaria 21 had a 23 cents put option so as long as you bought under 23 cents, you could not lose.

I foolishly bought into Certified Organics when they started pumping out the story on broomrape in Australia. Foolishly because I should have known better than to trust the company, no matter how good the stotry.

Anyway, the stock went for a run - up 40% in a week on the story. Fortunately I caught wind of the fact that the MD was trying to place some of his shares (to some unsuspecting investors) so I got the hell out.

Made my money and vowed never again.

A vow I have kept and been very happy about my decision.
    Good for you!
    I was more stupid and held on,hense I'm a sharholder in seahorse manure,I think?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Good for you!
    I was more stupid and held on,hense I'm a sharholder in seahorse manure,I think?
    There goes the new kitchen :-))

Advanced Member

Ooops wrong person.. Had three days of.. Still half asleep.. My reference was .. I thought .. To Kiwigold.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    SeaDragon Appoints Tim Preston Independent Director
    8:30am, 14 Jun 2013 | DIRECTOR

SeaDragon Appoints Tim Preston Independent Director
    Australasia's largest refiner and blender of high-quality, internationally-certified concentrated Omega-3 fish oils SeaDragon (NZX: SEA) is pleased to welcome Tim Preston to the Board of Directors.

SeaDragon also advises that Don Gibson has resigned as a Director of the Company effective from today, the 14th June 2013.

SeaDragon Chairman Dr Doug Wilson said the addition of Tim Preston as an Independent Non-Executive Director will assist with the growth of SeaDragon, the development of its investor relations programme and introduce SeaDragon to active public-market participants.

"We are fortunate to attract someone of Tim's reputation and experience to the board. Strengthening our relationship with our investors is a key objective of the company. And, at a time of corporate expansion, Tim's financial experience will be invaluable.

Mr Preston was a share broker from 1980 until November 2006 and became a full member of the NZX in 1986. He was a founding member of the NZX Disciplinary committee and a member of the NZ Sharebrokers Advisory Panel.

During his 26 years in broking and investment banking, he held several senior management positions, the last being Managing Director of ASB Securities since its inception in August 1999 until his retirement in 2006. Tim remains involved with several private companies and follows the markets with a keen interest.

Dr Wilson also thanked Mr Gibson for his contribution to the SeaDragon Board and particularly his assistance in listing SeaDragon on the NZX

"Don has been an active participant on the Board of Directors and has assisted SeaDragon in transitioning senior management into the public arena and delivering the internal governance and reporting expected of a publicly-listed Company," Dr Wilson said.

Contact
    Malcolm Lindeque
    Company Secretary
    Telephone: 03 547 0336

About SeaDragon
    SeaDragon (NZX:SEA) is Australasia's largest refiner and blender of high-quality, internationally-certified concentrated Omega-3 fish oils, and fractions. Our oils are sourced from fish caught in the clean and pure waters around New Zealand, in the Southern Ocean, and elsewhere. We have more than 20 years' experience processing fish oils and we are recognised for the quality and purity of our products. We supply health supplement manufacturers around the world to meet the burgeoning demand for pure, high-quality fish oils, which are scientifically proven to deliver significant human health benefits such as lowering the risk of heart disease, improving brain function and joint health. The majority of our supply is exported.
    Tim Preston was incapacitated with some illness?

Must mean he has fully recovered?

....might be just a young business....but even so..... 3 separate breaches of banking covenants. Bank obviously not too worried at this stage.

Probably because of delay in new plant starting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    ....might be just a young business....but even so..... 3 separate breaches of banking covenants. Bank obviously not too worried at this stage.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down A little dilution here

250,000,000 new shares for a total of about 1.4 Billion

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: picked them for the contest.
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Interesting article on SeaDragon from the Nelson Mail http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/n...ives-expansion