sharetrader
Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

The facts about the medical importance of Omega-3 (EPA/DHA) haven't changed ....

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/106/21/2747.full

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...g/hrb-20059372

Nor have the facts around increasing demand for top class medical based products. See Exhibit 3 on page 6....>>>

http://www.comvita.co.nz/_assets/Inv...ita_Report.pdf

Nor have the facts around our fish stocks...

http://www.seafoodnewzealand.org.nz/...ing-into-2015/

The obvious important benefit of having a corner shareholder who has already been successful in providing high end products to the overseas medical related market AND who already has established contacts in that market cannot be overstated.

With a consolidation of fishing company providers, I suspect SeaDragon can negotiate new (& better?) product delivery contracts with more certainty/confidence.

To coin a phrase..."Too many cooks spoil the broth" - so consolidation can be a good thing.

In the meantime, let's hope the source of last week's "overheating" in the factory was just healthy discussion around the Board table on new markets!

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    In the meantime, let's hope the source of last week's "overheating" in the factory was just healthy discussion around the Board table on new markets!
    The only heat around the board table will be the discussion on directors liability and who has been responsible for failing to meet ongoing disclosure requirements. $18m of accumulated losses will soon be nudging $20m and it will just keep getting uglier. You can put all the lipstick and pretty dresses on this pig you want to but it still ain't going to fly.

The facts about the medical importance of Omega-3 (EPA/DHA) haven't changed ....
    try these ones :-

http://www.seafoodsource.com/news/su...-drop-in-sales

its been in decline for years - not that they tell you that:-

http://www.nutritionaloutlook.com/om...consumer-trust

Yeah yeah - thanks Apathy.

Yeah yeah - thanks Apathy.
    another articulate rebuttal - see you here post result announcement :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    another articulate rebuttal - see you here post result announcement :-)
    Rebuttal? Unfortunately, the keyboard doesn't emanate the "tone" of a word Apathy, it just produces the alphabet....hopefully creating words in an order that makes sense.

I'm not interested in opportunities to participate in "nah-nah, nah-nah, nah" moments mate. Like most others on here, I just pop down my comments and thoughts in respect to Companies that I am interested in. Whether they might prove to be correct or incorrect is irrelevant and don't really matter at the end of the day. I do admit to looking for the positive side of any situation though.

I try not to be a keyboard warrior that spends their day patrolling threads, searching for opportunities to attack Company Officers and Board members.

If your sage like comments turn out to be accurate .... Good on ya mate!

I'm not interested in opportunities to participate in "nah-nah, nah-nah, nah" moments mate. Like most others on here, I just pop down my comments and thoughts in respect to Companies that I am interested in. Whether they might prove to be correct or incorrect is irrelevant and don't really matter at the end of the day. I do admit to looking for the positive side of any situation though.
    I think that is a refreshing if somewhat unusual approach - you really don't care whether what you say is correct or incorrect but will always look for the positive spin..

Actually don't have an issue with that but you can't expect to turn up and spout positives without expecting to be called on it.

For those genuinely interested the current question must be where is the new CEO??? All the existing team gone or going end of month and no announcement on replacement? Can imagine it would be very hard to fill as anyone decent would want to look at books.

Last year they published Trading update 26/3 and Investor update 1/4. Only thing this year was confirmation of first production run in new plant.......where's the news!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Last year they published Trading update 26/3 and Investor update 1/4. Only thing this year was confirmation of first production run in new plant.......where's the news!!!!!
    Yep - not even a comment on the plant evacuation. They are all sitting around trying to work out who is going to put their name to the next announcements and/or see if they can stall till they are out the door and leave it to the next poor schmuck...

"On track to meet FY 2016 EBITDA target of $144,000" November and reiterated December
    "successful commissioning" January
    'delay commissioning won't impact forecast'

In fairness to the likes of Dentie if you take everything at face value then if the repeated what they did in first 6 months of the year and added two months of the new wunderplant operating then things should be looking good... (though $144k EBITDA is not exactly good news given original forecasts)

My guess - won't get within a $1m of that and - unless they can package it up as audit identified write-downs or similar they will have a please explain from NZX (at a minimum) in terms of continuous disclosure.