sharetrader
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post
    Volumes on both the buy and sell side are at elevated levels. Will be interesting to see exactly how many shares have been traded by the end of the week. would love to know who is buying, obviously. Demand for omega 3 in Asia, particularly China, is also at high levels.
    We are in a trading window for directors and officers.... suspect the sell side..

I'm quoting from other sources. As is, I assume, Dentie, when he says there is plenty of interest in Europe.

" Window Dressing " A new term used by the happy ones when the share price does not plumet as they were expecting / hopeing.
    Last edited by Tsuba; 01-06-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Not sure stalking is the right word but I do genuinely miss the levity you bring to the forum - your insights are comedic genius and I always leave with spirits lifted. I mean 'investor' and ' short term issues' are just pure gold.
    My pleasure Apathy old mate. Starting with your pseudonym and continuing with your unrelenting negativity based comments, I have felt concerned for your ongoing financial well-being for sometime now. It borders on being obsessive to be honest and I wonder what is driving this type of behaviour....a regretful share purchase perhaps? Your comments in respect to SEA are almost "Doomsday-ish". Serious question...do you believe SEA will be still around in say, 5 years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    My pleasure Apathy old mate. Starting with your pseudonym and continuing with your unrelenting negativity based comments, I have felt concerned for your ongoing financial well-being for sometime now. It borders on being obsessive to be honest and I wonder what is driving this type of behaviour....a regretful share purchase perhaps? Your comments in respect to SEA are almost "Doomsday-ish". Serious question...do you believe SEA will be still around in say, 5 years from now?
    There is absolutely no possibility they will be around in 5 years. At best they have 18 months but that is the outside. Let's be honest if not for the hail Mary from CVT they would have been gone by now (and lets remember that came at a massive discount). Take out the profit made from the Snakk shares and it gets worse. The completed plant isn't to an international standard - should be cGMP and without a fractionation plant it produces nothing the market wants (as sales show). At the end of the day its longevity depends on how deep CVT's pockets are as it isn't going to be cash positive anytime soon. I wouldn't pick on it so much if the management showed even a modicum of honesty but its a farce. New guys got benefit of the doubt but they are just as bad if not worse.

Give me one undertaking they have delivered on? Seriously - how can you keep a straight face and repackage a $4.9m loss and $300k of sales in 6 months as anything other than a total disaster.

Plenty of things out there I am very positive about - NZR (this is cheap) on NZX, MET, MFT, MEL and FRE have been very good to me.. good time to buy on ASX - BHP, VIT, and ANZ has cleaned BS,,

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

There is absolutely no possibility they will be around in 5 years. At best they have 18 months but that is the outside. Let's be honest if not for the hail Mary from CVT they would have been gone by now (and lets remember that came at a massive discount). Take out the profit made from the Snakk shares and it gets worse. The completed plant isn't to an international standard - should be cGMP and without a fractionation plant it produces nothing the market wants (as sales show). At the end of the day its longevity depends on how deep CVT's pockets are as it isn't going to be cash positive anytime soon. I wouldn't pick on it so much if the management showed even a modicum of honesty but its a farce. New guys got benefit of the doubt but they are just as bad if not worse.

Give me one undertaking they have delivered on? Seriously - how can you keep a straight face and repackage a $4.9m loss and $300k of sales in 6 months as anything other than a total disaster.

Plenty of things out there I am very positive about - NZR (this is cheap) on NZX, MET, MFT, MEL and FRE have been very good to me.. good time to buy on ASX - BHP, VIT, and ANZ has cleaned BS,,
    Agree with you on SEA. I reckon VIT is a brave 'buy' call though...

Some big calls there .... I think if you asked Comvita whether they expected SeaDragon to survive through to the end of next year, they might have something other to say than 'at the outside'. They would certainly have a different view as to whether they are in the habit of throwing out a hail Mary as part of their business plan.
    There are some massive hurdles ahead, no question, but with unrefined tuna oil supply in place for 12 months and added capital secure (shareholder approval pending) one would have to think they have a better than 'outside' chance to see another year or more, with CVT in partnership.
    Perhaps you have more knowledge about fish-oil refineries than you are letting on? Or have you seen a report on the standard, or lack of, that the rest of us have not seen? Again, big call. While management may no longer have your benefit of the doubt, the refinery deserves more than 6 months to prove itself, surely?

Thanks for stating what shares have been good to you. It does put more definition into why you are giving SEA such a thrashing. All your "good to me" companies are either in the top 50 or have been around for quite a while .... SEA was a back door listing ( how dare they!) which is embryonic in comparison. Like most fledgling startups, they will go through periods of struggle while they sort out what is the best way to go and where they should be etc. This means they will have disclosure issues, working capital issues, supply issues and a lot of today's top 50 would very likely have endured the same things in their early stages.

If SEA has been your first foray into the "penny dreadfuls" then you should try and learn to analyse and critique them slightly differently than you would a top 50 company. If not, then you are naturally going to get a distorted comparison, which will equally naturally lead to the comments you currently display.

Most SEA holders would be disappointed with some of the outcomes to date, but I think it is premature to jump ship just because the management are making management decisions. I think they should be applauded for taking the brave decision to jettison the Omega 2 play. Plenty others would have stayed until that boat sank to the bottom.

Personally, I really enjoy playing with the penny stocks. Much more exciting and certainly not boring. I must also add that I do not put any dosh into the stock market that I can,t afford to lose and of course, if things turn out well for the company....then what a pay day! I still fully expect SEA to provide me with a nice pay day in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Thanks for stating what shares have been good to you. It does put more definition into why you are giving SEA such a thrashing. All your "good to me" companies are either in the top 50 or have been around for quite a while .... SEA was a back door listing ( how dare they!) which is embryonic in comparison. Like most fledgling startups, they will go through periods of struggle while they sort out what is the best way to go and where they should be etc. This means they will have disclosure issues, working capital issues, supply issues and a lot of today's top 50 would very likely have endured the same things in their early stages.

If SEA has been your first foray into the "penny dreadfuls" then you should try and learn to analyse and critique them slightly differently than you would a top 50 company. If not, then you are naturally going to get a distorted comparison, which will equally naturally lead to the comments you currently display.

Most SEA holders would be disappointed with some of the outcomes to date, but I think it is premature to jump ship just because the management are making management decisions. I think they should be applauded for taking the brave decision to jettison the Omega 2 play. Plenty others would have stayed until that boat sank to the bottom.

Personally, I really enjoy playing with the penny stocks. Much more exciting and certainly not boring. I must also add that I do not put any dosh into the stock market that I can,t afford to lose and of course, if things turn out well for the company....then what a pay day! I still fully expect SEA to provide me with a nice pay day in the not too distant future.
    But you keep reminding us you are an investor? This isn't investing it is speculating and I have no issue with that. Have said before there has been money made here just on volatility. Likewise find one post that has criticized their back door entry? Totally irrelevant to me.

Not sure why I would critique any listed company differently? Only thing I critical of here is the level of dishonesty and misinformation and that has nothing to do with whether or not they are a 'penny-dreadful'.

The exiting of Omega 2 is classic - there is no exit, the plant is there, the stock is there - it was $5m of sales a year for the last 3 years (at least) with a 50% gross margin last year. Unless the capacity is going to be used with new products are we really to believe that they have decided to walk away?? We aren't talking about a business doing $100m walking away from a fringe activity - it is there core business - there only business!

The truth is it made a good story - a sacrificial lamb to slaughter so they can prop up next 6 months.

If they can't liquidate the stock they are going to need at least another $3m by year end and each $3m is 375 million shares. Year end they could be close to 4 billion issued (funny in its own right) so at a share price of .8 cents its $32m....... PE 18 (generous) is $2.5m before tax (accept they have a lot of losses to use!) there is no possible way you can make the math work.

Note they are not even talking about forecasts anymore!?

So with no likelihood of dividend anytime soon Capital Gains must be the only reason to buy/hold - and if anyone can see a reason that might happen feel free to share.

But you keep reminding us you are an investor? This isn't investing it is speculating and I have no issue with that. Have said before there has been money made here just on volatility. Likewise find one post that has criticized their back door entry? Totally irrelevant to me.

Not sure why I would critique any listed company differently? Only thing I critical of here is the level of dishonesty and misinformation and that has nothing to do with whether or not they are a 'penny-dreadful'.
    So what you are saying is that the background that a stock comes from does not matter?

Which means that parents who spend big bucks and put in huge efforts to put their children through good schools and universities are wasting their time - they are going to be assessed the same way as a graduate from a school/university well known for producing criminally inclined individuals.