sharetrader
Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

for a mind-reader, I thought the concept of coat-tailing would be easy to grasp. but no. lets keep it simple for you, petal.

hello world, we (CVT) sell our products by the container load to all corners of the globe, and now we have an omega-3 product we think is the equal of anything on the market. in fact, we put it in some of the products you have contracted to buy for the next few years. we think your customers will buy it as much as they but our honey products. coat-tailing.

Is that simple enough?? because omega-3 is both a finished product AND an ingredient. crazy.

I don't know if CVT knew they would loan $3m at this stage any more then you know, despite your mind-reading powers. the point is they did, and they seem entirely comfortable with the arrangement. unlike you. with respect, i'm prepared to take CVT's public view, rather than yours

Now, you have been clear ... SEA is doomed, won't last 12 months, 18 months at the ''outside''. I disagree. Name your stake. nice and simple. $100 ? $1000? ... over to you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    ? the new factory didn't have to be built because of the earthquake? as for bells and whistles - fractionation is the bare minimum for that sort of plant and it didn't even include that.
    Apa, I look forward to meeting you at a company meeting, from what you know you obviously have privy to some info that most of us S Hers don't, did or are you an employee of the company by any chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post

Now, you have been clear ... SEA is doomed, won't last 12 months, 18 months at the ''outside''. I disagree. Name your stake. nice and simple. $100 ? $1000? ... over to you.
    Your turn again Aps

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Apa, I look forward to meeting you at a company meeting, from what you know you obviously have privy to some info that most of us S Hers don't, did or are you an employee of the company by any chance ?
    Yep - you got me. I am the new CEO who they have announced but haven't told anyone who they are. Cost them a fortune to get me out of retirement and relocated and the terms of my contract were very clear - would only take position on the basis I was able to do it under the veil of secrecy with full anonymity. So far so good!

No - don't/haven't worked or lived anywhere near there and having attended on road show out of morbid curiosity you are unlikely to see me at any meetings.

for a mind-reader, I thought the concept of coat-tailing would be easy to grasp. but no. lets keep it simple for you, petal.

hello world, we (CVT) sell our products by the container load to all corners of the globe, and now we have an omega-3 product we think is the equal of anything on the market. in fact, we put it in some of the products you have contracted to buy for the next few years. we think your customers will buy it as much as they but our honey products. coat-tailing.

Is that simple enough?? because omega-3 is both a finished product AND an ingredient. crazy.

I don't know if CVT knew they would loan $3m at this stage any more then you know, despite your mind-reading powers. the point is they did, and they seem entirely comfortable with the arrangement. unlike you. with respect, i'm prepared to take CVT's public view, rather than yours

Right - we have a different understanding of coat tailing but here what you are saying. SEA will be ok because CVT will sell it for them in finished goods - by the container load.

So lets work that through - new plant 5000mt pa. Expected sell price $760/tonne. One bottle of CVT Omega 3 (300 capsules) contains .3kg @ $100 on sale.

If CVT used 10% of that capacity it would be $3.8m of sales to SEA and $166m of sales to CVT. So SEA wouldn't be even half way to what Edison says is break even at $10m and CVT would be selling more fish oil than honey.. even if you halved the sale price to allow for wholesale vs retail price its $80m in turnover for CVT.

I think I will ring DB and suggest they put it on a Tui billboard - next to the one that says "shark oil supply secured = game changer"

I am happy to short but drop dead date really is more about how long they keep it on life support than whether it is dead or not.

suffice to say it is more likely the neighbors will be complaining about the smell of embalming fluid than fish oil though.. :-)

well then you and I also have a different definition for the word 'gone', which is the word you used to describe SEA's prospects without CVT. For that matter .... you 'here' what I'm saying. just as well you lean on maths, albeit somewhat selective maths, rather than English, to make your argument.

I don't know and, again, neither do you, how much omega-3 CVT will buy, but i'd rather have them buying than not. And i'm very happy to have CVT introducing it's customers to SEA's products. the more orders the better, surely.

Anyway, a line in the sand has been drawn ..... dec 2017. I say SEA will be alive and trading. you say otherwise. let's see shall we.

well then you and I also have a different definition for the word 'gone', which is the word you used to describe SEA's prospects without CVT. For that matter .... you 'here' what I'm saying. just as well you lean on maths, albeit somewhat selective maths, rather than English, to make your argument.

I don't know and, again, neither do you, how much omega-3 CVT will buy, but i'd rather have them buying than not. And i'm very happy to have CVT introducing it's customers to SEA's products. the more orders the better, surely.

Anyway, a line in the sand has been drawn ..... dec 2017. I say SEA will be alive and trading. you say otherwise. let's see shall we.
    Be a man - take Apathy's first offer and let him short the stocks you have. Then square the positions a year or whatever time frame from now.

Otherwise, it's just bluff.

I thought I should check the definition of coat tailing - its a lot more apt than I thought

TOP DEFINITION

Riding Coat Tail
    To sponge, mooch, free load, skate by, or do absolutely nothing but watch while somebody else does all the work and still somehow try to take at least partial credit for something you had no hand in.
    English never my strong point but do know the difference between "hear" and "here" my math is pretty good though.

You are assuming I am a male??? You two must go to AA ... assumptions anonymous. I have kept the wager simple, but I now get the impression that no actual sum of money can top the price of one's reputation. It could also be, if I read between the lines of Apathy's last post, that even he now would concede that SEA will indeed still be trading at the end of next year.

You are assuming I am a male??? You two must go to AA ... assumptions anonymous. I have kept the wager simple, but I now get the impression that no actual sum of money can top the price of one's reputation. It could also be, if I read between the lines of Apathy's last post, that even he now would concede that SEA will indeed still be trading at the end of next year.
    Not true - i called you petal! I think a short is simple enough and easier than defining what constitutes death. Anyway you are becoming quite boring. I don't mind a bit of banter to lighten an argument but you have to have some substance. Coat tails and blind faith in the face of some solid math and a horrific track record isn't overly engaging. Even my old mate Dentie puts a bit of thought into his position..... and for reference my use of 'mate' is non gender specific :-)